The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ryan Smyth 5 Canucks 2

The Stork

Haha. Been spending more time there with work...truly the armpit of canada....an absolute dump.

My friend had never been there until last summer. I asked him 'what do think of Edmonton?'

He said "why does everything there have layer of dirt on it?"

Everything went according to plan. We lost to keep a hold on our draft position at 6th. We did not allow Smyth to score a goal on us. We let the Oilers win so they wouldn't be able to draft in the top 2 and possibly pick Ekblad. We also showed class by coming out and shaking Smyth's hand. Perfect night.

78771657_11.jpg

Another legend-good guy leaving the game. So sad :(

Smyth is basically Edmonton's Linden. Was with them for a Cup run, got trade, came back cause he loved them and retired. No Stanley Cup though...those are the worst for worthy guys like him. Hate seeing guys like Smyth call it a career without hoisting a Cup...it must be so devastating : (

Another legend-good guy leaving the game. So sad :(

Smyth is basically Edmonton's Linden. Was with them for a Cup run, got trade, came back cause he loved them and retired. No Stanley Cup though...those are the worst for worthy guys like him. Hate seeing guys like Smyth call it a career without hoisting a Cup...it must be so devastating : (

and LA won the cup right after trading him back to Edm... sigh.. just bad timing for him I guess

Classy move by the team to come back out.

I wondered if they would after Iginla and the Flames did it for Trev.

Best Canucks IMO were Kassian and Jensen. Both showed me something tonight that makes me think the immediate future might not be so bleak if they can take another step.

Otherwise, great loss by the team. The 6th or 7th pick in this draft should net us another excellent prospect. Still undecided on which one but either way, makes our prospect pool just a bit deeper.

That win for the Oilers screwed them out of getting Ekblad. That has serious ramifications.

They needed that franchise D-man. Bennett is good, but they have enough players like him.

No way Florida passes on Ekblad. Him and Gudbranson together on the same pairing is just scary. The next Weber and Suter.

How are they screwed out of Ekblad? They still have a pretty good chance of winning the lottery.

This was great. I thought we would win and end up with 9th or 10th overall. Now we have a great chance at 6th! We even have a slight chance at 1st now as well. Probably wont happen but maybe with Linden our luck will change.

i thought only teams in the top 5 can move up into 1st

Definitely started tearing up when the Canucks game out to congratulate Smyth.

Same here. Complete class move for an even bigger class act.

Smyth will be one of the few non canucks who has had my utmost respect.

i thought only teams in the top 5 can move up into 1st

Not under the new lottery rules. Technically any non-playoff team except NJ could win. 6th place has around a 6% chance at #1 while 1st has a 25% chance..

Archived