The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDSF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs (4) Minnesota Wild

Who will win the series?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Did everything possible to try and hand this game to the Wild and come back to win anyways. I love this team. Stas has a poor game by his standards (for the first 59 minutes) and gets the tying goal and winner. Pay him whatever he wants.

Doesn't that OT goal kind of look like that Montreal goal? LOL same wrap around pass and same place where the goal was

if teams could make that play on every offensive possession they would do it all game, quick pass from behind the net to a guy in the slot is almost impossible for a goalie to stop.

If it happens then the D fracked up, liek in the Montreal game when they left Weise all alone out front

Colorado clutched it. That was a great comeback. Most entertaining game I watched involving the Wild I think i have ever seen. I didn't catch all of it since I was pretty invested in the Chi/Stl game, but I was looking at this game every now and then. I saw the first period and parts of the third when it was 4-3 and then the tie. The empty net sequence was sweet, the way the guy stopped it from going in and then helped create the tying goal at the other end.

Doesn't that OT goal kind of look like that Montreal goal? LOL same wrap around pass and same place where the goal was

Yeah, the only difference was on the Montreal goal, Tampa had a defensive break down and left Weise wide open in front of the net. In the Colorado one someone else had the puck, lost it, but continued hard to the net and wiped out both the defenders. Very similar goals. Also both 5-4 winners.

Amazing how Colorado went from worst team last year to almost getting the President's trophy this year. I'm wondering if they did it on purpose to get a first overall draft pick since MacKinnon is a very potential star player. And this year they have a boatload of young players and a rookie head coach, I wonder what's in it for this team for the next few years. But one thing Roy needs to keep in mind, he can't get too violent at a professional level, he's not on the ice anymore.

I'm not counting out Colorado from making it to the SCF, I wonder what Bruins vs Avs would be like.

Amazing how Colorado went from worst team last year to almost getting the President's trophy this year. I'm wondering if they did it on purpose to get a first overall draft pick since MacKinnon is a very potential star player. And this year they have a boatload of young players and a rookie head coach, I wonder what's in it for this team for the next few years. But one thing Roy needs to keep in mind, he can't get too violent at a professional level, he's not on the ice anymore.

I'm not counting out Colorado from making it to the SCF, I wonder what Bruins vs Avs would be like.

Remember what happens when the Bruins can't match skill? They would be out to club some baby seals like they always do.

If the Wings slip past the Bruins (which I predict) look out for Detroit. I have them in the SCF.

Babcock >> Julien.

Matt Duchene will likely miss the remainder of the first round series against the Wild. Duchene has been out of action since March 29 with a knee injury and the original hope was that he’d be ready to play after missing the first two games. Now they’ll have to make it out of the first round without him if they want to see him play again this season.

Archived