The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolaj Ehlers

S N Y P E R S 7

1. Nothing was implied, I was offering 2 different looks our team can have

2. Who said Ritchie has the same offensive talent as Ehlers? Ritchie has things in his game that Ehlers doesn't have and vice verca. No, Ritchie will not put up 80 points in the NHL but is Ehlers ever going to have that physical dominance? They are completely different players and not one is better than the other. Just a matter of preference.

3. Kane was a unanimous 1st overall pick despite his size. He has talent that Ehlers does not have. Ehlers is nowhere close to the player Mackinnon is. Claude Giroux is coasting in the east with nobody even touching him. Don't compare thid line to the WCE... They aren't even close

4. kane has hands that Ehlers does not possess and is more methodical. However, Ehlers is faster. I brought up Lucic to make a point that the Kane and Ehlers comparison is far off

Thanks for trying though

interesting that you seem to discount 100+ pts in the Q in his rookie year and the only other player prior to Ehlers that has done that was Crosby but hey ya he doesn't have great offensive ability

go back to reading the hockey news and watching youtube for your views

oh and your point on size, ya it doesn't matter when you look at our prospect pool for the 28th time, we have size, we lack elite talent, maybe that;s the 29th time i've said it not sure

but you might want to check that prospect pool for yourself if you think size is an issue for the canucks in the future

thanks for trying - oh and no need to respond i'm tired of your childish nonsense, I'm blocking you so I don't need to listen to your poorly thought out views.

interesting that you seem to discount 100+ pts in the Q in his rookie year and the only other player prior to Ehlers that has done that was Crosby but hey ya he doesn't have great offensive ability

go back to reading the hockey news and watching youtube for your views

oh and your point on size, ya it doesn't matter when you look at our prospect pool for the 28th time, we have size, we lack elite talent, maybe that;s the 29th time i've said it not sure

but you might want to check that prospect pool for yourself if you think size is an issue for the canucks in the future

thanks for trying - oh and no need to respond i'm tired of your childish nonsense, I'm blocking you so I don't need to listen to your poorly thought out views.

"childish nonsense"... All of your points come from misinterpretations of what I'm saying and your inabilty to read. Oh sorry I forgot, your opinion is the right opinion. My bad

The Canucks wont draft Ehlers. They will put an emphasis on size, skill and toughness with the 6th overall pick.

I just don't see Ehlers as a Linden kind of player when it comes right down to it. He is going to want to draft players who can do it all... hit , skate and score. Ehlers is too one dimensional. End of story.

The Canucks wont draft Ehlers. They will put an emphasis on size, skill and toughness with the 6th overall pick.

I just don't see Ehlers as a Linden kind of player when it comes right down to it. He is going to want to draft players who can do it all... hit , skate and score. Ehlers is too one dimensional. End of story.

1. Linden is not the GM

2. Linden is not the head scout

He wants competitors and will expect the GM/scouts to take the best player available in the context of our prospect pool and future needs, assuming he hires a smart strategic GM

its not about finding Linden clones man

again, oversimplification

Oh and ps, Eric Lindros and Milan Lucic are not in this draft nor is someone even close to as good with all those qualities (hit, skate and score) ie Cam Neely available in this draft and if they were they wouldn't be available when we pick.

you're over simplifying both of them

well no fucking shit.

good lord, this shitfest over who the canucks is going to draft is stupid.

there's major flaws in every player outside of the top 3. even draisatl is slow as fuck.

linden said he's going to want to draft someone big. probably means it's going to be between ritchie & virtanen.

ritchie, virtanen, ehlers, nylander all have their flaws. nylander is one dimensional. ehlers game transitioning to the NHL is in question, and his overall size is not ideal. virtanen hasn't put his game together, and some people question his compete. ritchie is sort of slow, and also needs to get a bit more intensity into his game.

i'm not high on any of these players, and you guys shouldn't be as well.

yea the discussion went as stale as an opened bag of crackers

just impossible to tell if Ehlers will turn out like Bure or not

It's why we should trade Kesler to Anaheim for the 10th overall tho so we can roll the dice on another prospect or him if he's there.

well no ???? crap.

good lord, this crapfest over who the canucks is going to draft is stupid.

there's major flaws in every player outside of the top 3. even draisatl is slow as frack.

linden said he's going to want to draft someone big. probably means it's going to be between ritchie & virtanen.

ritchie, virtanen, ehlers, nylander all have their flaws. nylander is one dimensional. ehlers game transitioning to the NHL is in question, and his overall size is not ideal. virtanen hasn't put his game together, and some people question his compete. ritchie is sort of slow, and also needs to get a bit more intensity into his game.

First I've heard of Ritchie lacking intensity. I think you are making this up. Actually I think your entire post is based on poorly informed opinion. Where do you get your prospect info? What is your source for the statements you made about the above individuals?

well no ???? crap.

there's major flaws in every player outside of the top 3. even draisatl is slow as frack.

He said that on his first press conference , with three games left and not having a clue where we are drafting. He has since backpeddled off that. His scouts are going to determine who we draft.

He has since stated very plainly that he wants to put the excitement back in the building. Ehlers is one of the most exciting prospects in the draft .

Lets not cherry pick the quotes because it fits the narrative you want to put forward.

yea the discussion went as stale as an opened bag of crackers

just impossible to tell if Ehlers will turn out like Bure or not

It's why we should trade Kesler to Anaheim for the 10th overall tho so we can roll the dice on another prospect or him if he's there.

I doubt he will be around past 6-7 ( depending on what we do). Sounds like the Ehlers slurping isn't just going on in Vancouver.

I doubt he will be around past 6-7 ( depending on what we do). Sounds like the Ehlers slurping isn't just going on in Vancouver.

If Ehlers goes before we pick, as long as Draisatl goes before as well I am happy. I am not big on him but any of the rest of the big 5 I'd be pleased with.

Dal Colle will be an effective winger, James Neal type with actually more finesse to his game

Bennett nothing needs to be said

Reinhart/Ekblad clear top 2

So if we can end up with Dal Colle or Bennett that would be great as they are highly talented players as well...

I do think there may be some surprises in the 3-5 range this year

If Ehlers goes before we pick, as long as Draisatl goes before as well I am happy. I am not big on him but any of the rest of the big 5 I'd be pleased with.

Dal Colle will be an effective winger, James Neal type with actually more finesse to his game

Bennett nothing needs to be said

Reinhart/Ekblad clear top 2

So if we can end up with Dal Colle or Bennett that would be great as they are highly talented players as well...

I do think there may be some surprises in the 3-5 range this year

Draisaitl is unbelievably talented. Big guy, soft hands, crazy vision. What don't you like? Is it speed? Some others have questioned speed but to me he just looks like he always has his head up looking for the great play.

Ritchie is Ehlers + size --- speed

Ehlers is Ritchie - size +++ speed

Ehlers has alot more skill. More dynamic. Too simplified.

well no ???? crap.

I think that question is more of a factor for players like Nylander & Virtanen than Ehlers.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, so don't take it the wrong way as I usually agree with your posts, but anyone can have the opinion they want really. Just because your not high on any of the players doesn't mean other people can't really like them at our pick.

I almost hope Ehlers is picked in the top 5 just so our new GM is off the hook whatever the kid turns out to be.

If he's the next Bure we never had a chance to pick him and nobody gets crucified.

If he's a bust he's someone else's problem and nobody gets crucified.

I almost hope Ehlers is picked in the top 5 just so our new GM is off the hook whatever the kid turns out to be.

If he's the next Bure we never had a chance to pick him and nobody gets crucified.

If he's a bust he's someone else's problem and nobody gets crucified.

I don't think you can go into a draft afraid to make a mistake, it's not an exact science, mistakes will be made. Boston, a very good drafting team, took Hamill and passed on Couture. Sh!t Happens.

For this guy to be a worthwhile pick at 6 you have to be convinced he will be an elite scorer in the NHL, as in less than 25 goals a year is disappointing. If he's gonna be a ~20 goal top 6 guy, I'd rather take one of the big north american wingers. Most little guys that are impact players in NHL have junior numbers that are off the charts, like briere, ronning.

In his favor I will say he has better numbers than Giroux at the same age for what it's worth. He's approx the same size too, but the fact he plays with Drouin and is European count against him, Also I don't think he has Giroux's mean streak.

dude its the point wow...you think teams are just made up of big candian guys? you need scorers/game breakers and it doesnt matter where they are from, and btw we have almost a full roster of big canadian kids in our prospect pool, please think a bit

sorry folks but this obsession with size/canadian has gone beyond stupidity.

one person above said a line of Ehlers Horvat and Kassian wouldn't be as good as a line of Rithie Horvat Kassian

1 Because Horvat's ceiling isnt very high - says who? its higher than Kesler's when he was drafted

2. Because Kassian doesn't hit - umm offensive lines dont need to 'crash and bang to be successful' the same people argue we need to be a puck possession team then argue our big guys don't play a dump and chase and hit game lol...they cant even see the absolute irony in that statement. Moreover, the issue is USING SIZE ALONG THE BOARDS TO WIN PUCK BATTLES AND USING THE BODY TO GAIN POSITION AND GETTING TO THE NET, YOU DONT NEED TO HIT TO DO THAT..

3. Ritchie may be good he may be a bust, but CDC;'ers just assume he's going to be great lol oh and he has much less ability that Ehlers

4. I remember a line of Naslund Morrison Bertuzzi, which by the way is smaller than Ehlers/Horvat/Kass and it was pretty damn effective

5. I see a pretty small player in Patrick Kane on the wing in Chicago, he sucks ya.

I never once said that small players suck what i am saying is we have guys who could score in the twins players who take a pounding we need players with them who can hit and create space also look at the Hawks they are a big team even their Euros are big only small guy Kane so ya.

really?

make stuff up/outdated scouting reports? hahahha you might want to look at how Elhers has moved up the charts since the start of the year

and by the way no one is saying 'terrible mistake if they don't take ehlers', at least not most of us, we are saying take the most talented player which if you played hockey as you say, you'd get incorporates alot more than size

if you played hockey as you say, you'd understand there are nuances to player's games that most people (and certainly on cdc) do not see, those nuances are things that can indicate the ability to take their game to the next level whatever their strengths and deficiencies.

ie can those nuances indicate they can overcome their deficiencies, improve and become solid professional players.

please mr pretend player, show us some hockey knowledge before you want to debate.

First off I'm not saying size is a factor, I don't care about Ritchie, I prefer Nylander overall but i'm not going to sit hear and bash another player just to make my prefered choice look better.

Second of all, points in their junior league is not the deciding factor in which scouts evaluate players. It's not as simple as, this player put up more points so therefor he is better, Want an example, When I this "pretend" hockey player, put up 87 points in my draft year and my teammate/linemate mason raymond put up 82 points, He was drafted 2nd round by the canucks. I was passed over.

Third, unless you watch majority of the games for each players you wont see these nuances, people have off games, in stretches, I mean if you take Burrows season this year and use that as a measuring stick for the rest of his carreer you'd think he'd never be more than a bottom end 3rd/ 4th line player, which we all know he's more talented than that.

One season is a hard way to predict what the next 15 years are going to be for any kid.

I never once said that small players suck what i am saying is we have guys who could score in the twins players who take a pounding we need players with them who can hit and create space also look at the Hawks they are a big team even their Euros are big only small guy Kane so ya.

Shhh just go along with his inability to read and his illogical points or he'll block you too

Archived