The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draft #6

Royals123423

Let's see a statistical comparison of how accurate ISS/CS has been over the last 10 years.

Here's a hint:

Not Very.

So your saying they are never accurate. I guess that means everyone on here must know more since they have seen maybe one or two players play and thats it. Lets see you go out and grade these players from around with world with more accuracy. I highly doubt you or anyone else on here would be even close to accurate on these rankings so maybe rethink yourself.

It might be wishful thinking but LEON is who I hope for. Dal Colle is who I expect to drop. Ritchie is who I expect the Canucks might take.

Definitely I'd love to have Leon to, way to much skill to pass up... To me he's a top 3 pick, but for Vancouvers sake lets hope he drops, 107 points in the WHL isn't an easy task

So your saying they are never accurate. I guess that means everyone on here must know more since they have seen maybe one or two players play and thats it. Lets see you go out and grade these players from around with world with more accuracy. I highly doubt you or anyone else on here would be even close to accurate on these rankings so maybe rethink yourself.

I didn't say I could/would but we don't have to defer to CS/ISS to form our opinions. In fact I think their ranking this year are not very good and will not be overly accurate.

Why the comment to 'stop the nonsense' at look at the rankings though? The forum is here for everyone here to discuss what ever we want.

PS. I watch a lot of hockey, more than you state. I can make up my own mind.

I see Ekblad in our roster next year, especially if we were to trade Edler. Ekblad is probably the only player that could be considered as a franchise player in this draft. I also would see Reinhart in our roster since he would be our best prospect by a long shot compared to any of our top draft picks like Horvat, Shinks, Cassels, jensen etc. Reinhart can be NHL ready as soon as next year since there is nothing to gain for him going back to juniors and he would thrive at the NHL level.

Has Edler expressed a desire to go play in Florida?

Not saying that this would be a bad move, depending on the final assets which were trading hands, but I don't see this trade happening without a lot of over payment on the part of the Canucks.

regards,

G.

How do you get to "never" from "not very"? There's a bit of a range there.

regards,

G.

I didn't say I could/would but we don't have to defer to CS/ISS to form our opinions. In fact I think their ranking this year are not very good and will not be overly accurate.

Why the comment to 'stop the nonsense' at look at the rankings though? The forum is here for everyone here to discuss what ever we want.

PS. I watch a lot of hockey, more than you state. I can make up my own mind.

Good for you. Keep glued in front of your TV and computer and watch as much as you want but your no NHL scout. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on here,it is non-sense getting too repetitive seeing people post because of points and because they saw them play a few times and their friends or someone else on here says they are good.

You need to maybe let other people express their opinion like I did saying look at the rankings and stop attacking people like me who express their opinion. Your telling me to not follow scouts rankings because YOU know they are inaccurate? Maybe let me express my opinion. Don’t jump to conclusions.

Let's see a statistical comparison of how accurate ISS/CS has been over the last 10 years.

Here's a hint:

Not Very.

If you look at the start of the season in 2013 they had (ISS)

8. Shinkaruk-ended up at 24

10. Drouin-ended up at 3

28. Horvat-ended up at 9

?*. Domi-ended up at 12

?*. Mantha-ended up at 20

?*. Wennberg-ended up at 14

12. Lehkonen-ended up at 55

*Wasn't even on the rankings

So yeah I wouldn't trust them

Has Edler expressed a desire to go play in Florida?

Not saying that this would be a bad move, depending on the final assets which were trading hands, but I don't see this trade happening without a lot of over payment on the part of the Canucks.

regards,

G.

No, this was just a response to the poster who said no one on this draft would be playing in the NHL next year. I was just giving hypothetical scenarios. Obviously in reality, I doubt we would see either Ekblad or Reinhart in canucks uniform next year.

Good for you. Keep glued in front of your TV and computer and watch as much as you want but your no NHL scout. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on here,it is non-sense getting too repetitive seeing people post because of points and because they saw them play a few times and their friends or someone else on here says they are good.

You need to maybe let other people express their opinion like I did saying look at the rankings and stop attacking people like me who express their opinion. Your telling me to not follow scouts rankings because YOU know they are inaccurate? Maybe let me express my opinion. Don’t jump to conclusions.

You don't know who I am or what I do with my time.

I attacked you?!? :lol: Uh-huh.

I didn't tell you to do anything but not tell CDC to defer and stifle their conversation because you posted a link to a statistically inaccurate scouting bureau.

You don't know who I am or what I do with my time.

I attacked you?!? :lol: Uh-huh.

I didn't tell you to do anything but not tell CDC to defer and stifle their conversation because you posted a link to a statistically inaccurate scouting bureau.

Holy bud your a sick joke. Your so ashamed of being wrong and you cant even admit it. You cant justify anything your claiming about inaccuracy and your just coming off absolutely foolish. Your just making a mockery of yourself over and over. Couldn’t ask for more from you so keep it coming.

If you look at the start of the season in 2013 they had (ISS)

8. Shinkaruk-ended up at 24

10. Drouin-ended up at 3

28. Horvat-ended up at 9

?*. Domi-ended up at 12

?*. Mantha-ended up at 20

?*. Wennberg-ended up at 14

12. Lehkonen-ended up at 55

*Wasn't even on the rankings

So yeah I wouldn't trust them

ISS 2012 Final Rankings, June 1, 2012:

1. Yakupov (1st even)

2. Forsberg (11th, -10)

3. Murray (2nd, +1)

4. Grigorenko (12th, -8)

5. Trouba (9th, +4)

6. Reinhart (4th, -2)

7. Reilly (5th, -2)

8. Dumba (8th, even)

9. Teravainen (18th, +9)

11. Ceci (15, +4)

10. Gaunce (26th, +16)

12. Matta (22nd, +10))

13. Collberg (33rd, +20)

14. Galchenyuk (3rd, -11)

15. Kerdiles (36th, +21)

16. Faksa (13th, -3)

17. Wilson (16th, -1)

18. Finn (35th, +17)

19. Lindholm (6th, -13)

20. Aberg (37th, +17)

21. Koekkoek (10th, -21)

22. Pouliot (9th, -12)

23. Laughton (20th, -3)

24. Girgensons (14th, -10)

25. Sissons (50th, +25)

26. Skjei (28th, +2)

27. Samuelsson (27th, even)

28. Thrower (51st, +23)

29. Bystrom (43th, +14)

30. Pelech (65th, +30)

Hindsight is important when assessing scouting lists, even from professional bureaus.

ISS and CS rank players, not predict who will go where.

That's the same with Button's list that had Virtanen at 41.

It's about who they think that player should turn into.

That's why everyone's list is different, including those of NHL teams, and the reason the lists are always wrong. We are also allowed to have our opinions.

I wonder if we could get into the 18-25 range by trading our #36 and #66?

If we're picking one of the size+skill players with #6 (as recent rumours suggest), it could be a good move to also grab a nifty speedster with top-end hands/handling. I can see a few good options who should be still available in the late 1st round (and even one of the #6-15 ranked guys might slide into the 20s).

Basically something pretty similar to a repeat of last year's 1st round where we picked a bigger "safe" pick (Horvat) and then a smaller, riskier player (Shinkaruk) with potential top-end skills.

I wonder if we could get into the 18-25 range by trading our #36 and #66?

If we're picking one of the size+skill players with #6 (as recent rumours suggest), it could be a good move to also grab a nifty speedster with top-end hands/handling. I can see a few good options who should be still available in the late 1st round (and even one of the #6-15 ranked guys might slide into the 20s).

Basically something pretty similar to a repeat of last year's 1st round where we picked a bigger "safe" pick (Horvat) and then a smaller, riskier player (Shinkaruk) with potential top-end skills.

I think that's entirely likely that we are looking at another pick in that range. I'm not sure it will come from a flip of picks but possibly by moving a player out.

But I agree, that's exactly what we'd do. This draft is heavy on smaller, skilled forwards further down the chart. There will be a good gamble to take late in the 1st round.

Even more reason that I don't think we let Ritchie slip past us. If he even gets to us which he might not…. in which case, that we get one of the top 5, we can go after a d-man or BPA.

@ Motzaburger: You can't cyberbully your (by the way THIS is the proper use of the pronoun "your") way into being right...you can certainly delude yourself into being right. Central Scouting / ANY team's scouting lists, rankings etc have PROVEN to be inaccurate over the years...not opined, but proven. Ask a dozen of your friends to make a list of the 10 BEST NHL hockey players of all time, and you will get a dozen different lists. That's AFTER they've played in the NHL...with many stats etc to back up their claim. So how do you expect anyone to be able to make an accurate ranking of players who have yet to play one shift in the NHL? And another point: they're making a ranking of players based on what? Who's the best goalscorer? Who's the best checker? Who's the best playmaker...or goaltender? You can't compare players like that. Aaron Ekblad appears to be the BPA at #1...but what if Florida has no use for him? Rankings kinda don't mean a thing...and again, year after year Scouting services have proved their uselessness by being wrong about how a future player will turn out.

Archived