The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Proposals. Edler to BUF for 2nd Pick

Last time the Cnaucks traded up in the draft it only took Bryan McCabe and some pick swapping which didn't include their own pick that year. Not unbelievable that the same could be done with Edler but Edler getting moved is just a CDC pipe dream.

Edler has said he isn't waiving his NTC, let alone to the worst team in the league.

We'd be better off trading the 6th pick plus a prospect like Cassels, but Buffalo would want a roster player and that'd be too much for any unproven kid. Stick with the 6th pick, draft a Dal Collie or Ehlers and add him to our amazingly well balanced pool of prospects.

Really? You wouldn't take a 2nd overall and 5 million in capspace for a guy who's been a massive liability for the last 2 seasons and is getting progressively worse?

Being totally honest, I disagree. I don't think other teams value him worth more then that right now.

Wow. Just. Wow

No. At least not now. Maybe in the past it was around there but definitely not now.

Fixed it for you. :)

I guess I forgot to put the end sarcasm part.....

Has Edler hurt or helped his team in the last 2 seasons?

Edler has not helped this team as much as he could under the right guidance of a personalized coach.

But to say he's got negative value, that's just ridiculous. Edler himself can get the Canucks a very decent deal in return.

Edler has not helped this team as much as he could under the right guidance of a personalized coach.

But to say he's got negative value, that's just ridiculous. Edler himself can get the Canucks a very decent deal in return.

He's gone through 2 head coaches and 6 assistant coaches in the last 2 seasons. None of them were able to get him to play at a remotely acceptable level. A GM would have to be a complete idiot to be willing to take on this pylon's contract.

I can't believe people actually think Edler is worth anything close to 2nd overall. Try Edler/Kesler or Edler/Tanev/Jensen for a start.

Realistically I think Edler's asking price would be a mid to low 1st round pick.

Archived