The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to Test For PED

I have no objective evidence but the King win is not credible to me. This was the same team that won the Cup without losing a single road game first time ever and from the 8th seed as I recall. Now yet another unbelieveable out come. I am just not a believer in the King playoff team myth. How many athletes have denied using drugs and threatened to sue people who sugested the possibilty? We don't need a "steroid era" record book. The NHL needs to start testing in the palyoffs -- NOW, There is too much money at stake and too much regional fan pride lost. I repeat I have absolutely no evidence that any King player used a PED. This is purely speculation on my part. So I apologize if my suspicion is wrong. HOWEVER< we have no objective evidence that no King player did not use a PED. All the more reason to test.

I am sure I'll get the typical comments here about how hockey players don't use and could not benefit from PEDs etc.. Well if that is the case there should be no objection to testing.

I have no objective evidence but the King win is not credible to me. This was the same team that won the Cup without losing a single road game first time ever and from the 8th seed as I recall. Now yet another unbelieveable out come. I am just not a believer in the King playoff team myth. How many athletes have denied using drugs and threatened to sue people who sugested the possibilty? We don't need a "steroid era" record book. The NHL needs to start testing in the palyoffs -- NOW, There is too much money at stake and too much regional fan pride lost. I repeat I have absolutely no evidence that any King player used a PED. This is purely speculation on my part. So I apologize if my suspicion is wrong. HOWEVER< we have no objective evidence that no King player did not use a PED. All the more reason to test.

I am sure I'll get the typical comments here about how hockey players don't use and could not benefit from PEDs etc.. Well if that is the case there should be no objection to testing.

What is your reasoning to suggest this?

Is it because they won 4 games in a row? This has happened a million times in sports and it will continue to happen

What is your reasoning to suggest this?

Is it because they won 4 games in a row? This has happened a million times in sports and it will continue to happen

Then I assume you have no objection to testing. International Hockey tests. Every other major US sport tests. Why not NHL. I think you need to review the NHL records for 3 zip come backs in the play offs. No worry that LA did not lose single road game on Stanley Cup run. Just a buch of bigs guys having fun? And racking up a few records in the process?

The sharks are choke artists. Have been for the last decade. The kings beating them shouldn't be a shock to you. They also won four in a row last year against St. Louis, should that be looked at funny? They certainly didn't look too overwhelming against the blackhawks that same post season run.

Of course hockey players would benefit from PED's. Whoever argues that has no idea what they are talking about and probably has never played an athletic event in their life. The NHL does, in fact, randomly drug test for PED's and other illegal substances.

Per the CBA every NHL player will be subject to up to two "no-notice" tests every year, with at least one such test to be conducted on a team-wide basis. Players will be subject to "no-notice" testing at any time.

That part of the process was instituted following the lost season. The initial agreement did not allow testing during the post season or the offseason. This last CBA expanded this to allow testing during the playoffs so they do indeed already do what you are asking for.

They have clearly been using bull shark testosterone

Win

if they are gonna starting testing the king players for PED,then they should test everybody player in the league.it's not fair to single out the kings when there is no evidence of them using PED

Clearly you don't understand how elite level athletics works. If one person is on PEDs, you can be damn sure almost every single one of his competitors is also on PEDs in an attempt to get the same advantage which essentially levels the playing field.

You also really think the other 29 teams are clean? Hilarious.

Clearly you don't understand how elite level athletics works. If one person is on PEDs, you can be damn sure almost every single one of his competitors is also on PEDs in an attempt to get the same advantage which essentially levels the playing field.You also really think the other 29 teams are clean? Hilarious.

I thought the nhl was going to start testing in 15? Lol but yeah...my only hope for this team is that the Sedins are on them and get kicked out of this sport forever lol.

But in all seriousness, testing for PEDs would kill Thornton & Eagers careers :)

I thought the nhl was going to start testing in 15? Lol but yeah...my only hope for this team is that the Sedins are on them and get kicked out of this sport forever lol.

But in all seriousness, testing for PEDs would kill Thornton & Eagers careers :)

not to mention raffi torres.

there was a point in time when he looked like a human being, instead of the twisted mutant he is now. http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/raffi-torres-brampton-battalion-ohl-news-photo/53133785?Language=en-GB

You mean Raffi Torres as an 18 year old kid vs. Raffi Torres as a 32 year old man?

i didn't realize that regular aging caused ones eyes to bug out of their skull and to have their neck completely disappear.

How do you draw a correlation between the Kings playoff success the last couple of seasons and PED's?

To speculate that the Kings are suddenly having success, ergo they must be using PED's is illogical, irrational, ludicrous, preposterous, and absurd.

Then I assume you have no objection to testing. International Hockey tests. Every other major US sport tests. Why not NHL. I think you need to review the NHL records for 3 zip come backs in the play offs. No worry that LA did not lose single road game on Stanley Cup run. Just a buch of bigs guys having fun? And racking up a few records in the process?

I would have no objection to the league running tests

But someone above has already shown evidence that the league already tests for this

How do you draw a correlation between the Kings playoff success the last couple of seasons and PED's?

To speculate that the Kings are suddenly having success, ergo they must be using PED's is illogical, irrational, ludicrous, preposterous, and absurd.

Jackie_Chiles_in_The_Maestro_Seinfeld.JP

But testing is in place, I just don't know how often or effective it is. Certainly there have been stories about players going on vacation and the NHL sending someone to do a no notice test wherever they are, so they're definitely checking at random times.

I don't disagree that it's easy to find a perception at least that teams find a way to win after not necessarily playing the best all year.

Jackie_Chiles_in_The_Maestro_Seinfeld.JP

But testing is in place, I just don't know how often or effective it is. Certainly there have been stories about players going on vacation and the NHL sending someone to do a no notice test wherever they are, so they're definitely checking at random times.

I don't disagree that it's easy to find a perception at least that teams find a way to win after not

necessarily playing the best all year.

LOL. I was doing my best Jackie Chiles there but wasn't sure if anybody would pick up on it.

The fact that they came back against San Jose, the worst playoff choke artists in the NHL, makes it credible. As others have said, the NHL does conduct random and scheduled testing.

Archived