The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which FA's does the new management re sign/qualify

Fred65

Cannata, Andersson, Sauve, Archibald, de Fazio, Welsh, Biega, Dalpe, Santorelli, Weber, Alberts ?? I'm thinking it will give an insight to the "new" direction. How many AHL from other teams who are UFA does he replace them with maybe

i'm not sure we'll bother with santorelli, he started cooling off before he got injured and his agent is on record asking for the moon due to his early success before his injury, there's no guarantee that we'll get the start of the year santorelli (where he went 37GP, 8G, 18A, 26PTS, +14), and not the month before his injury santorelli (where he went 12GP, 2G, 0A, 2PTS, -5). there's also the question of how much his cooling off was due to the canucks cooling off themselves, and how much of it was the torts effect.

For sure Cannata, Archibald, Santorelli and probably Dalpe, Defazio and Welsh.

Weber was useful so maybe him too. Sauve hasn't shown much but they may give him and Anderson another year.

Who watched Zalewski at the end of the season IMO he looked like a quality 4th line player he played the role better than Dalpe. I was quite impressed with the guy...may have been rookie adrenalin but he could skate, played a heavy game and went to the net continuously. He may mark the end of Dalpe, unless Dalpe is willing to sign a two way contract.

I'd like to see Archibald go from a vanilla player to a more forceful plus he plays a position the club in short of left wing. Sauve is toast IMO,

Cannata, Andersson, Archibald, de Fazio, Welsh, Dalpe, Santorelli, Weber. Biega is the only question mark to me. i'd see if we could get TJ Brennan to replace biega in Utica. That also makes me more comfortable replacing sauve with McEneny. Santo would be in Van's lineup (lots of versatility, he could be almost anywhere in the lineup if the price is right). Dalpe and Webs would be depth in Van. i want the rest of them to get quality minutes in Utica. (It would be cool if Archibald could play his way onto the Canucks 4th line; I just don't think he will out of camp.)

I say we qualify Schroeder . We can put him through waivers if he has a bad camp and if he clears send him to Utica.

Kass and Tanev should be signed to long term deals. We are rebuilding and thus wise management will use this cap space so we can save it later on when we are contending and need 'hometown discounts' .

I think other teams have tried this out but only on sure bets. I say Kassian and Tanev are sure enough to offer them both 4 mil for 8 years each.

Weber is young and a pretty decent 7th defenseman. I think he has a bit of potential to be a top 6 NHL regular.

Santorelli if the young guys aren't ready or if we trade any forward. He will probably sign cheap.

Obvious ones like Kass and Tanev

Is Weber the "type" of defensemen we're looking for and do fans get to "attached " to players rather than look at are they the fit we're looking for.. I guess the question is what kind of extra D do we actually need

I say we qualify Schroeder . We can put him through waivers if he has a bad camp and if he clears send him to Utica.

Kass and Tanev should be signed to long term deals. We are rebuilding and thus wise management will use this cap space so we can save it later on when we are contending and need 'hometown discounts' .

I think other teams have tried this out but only on sure bets. I say Kassian and Tanev are sure enough to offer them both 4 mil for 8 years each.

4 mill per for 8 years? neither one has earned that payday yet. if you are trying to say 4 mill total for 8 years, that's well below the NHL minimum and not allowed.

Minimum salaries

2014-15:$550,000

2015-16 and 2016-17:$575,000

2017-18 and 2018-19:$650,000

2018-19 and 2020-21:$700,000

2021-22: $750,000

also, neither one would agree to league minimum.

Archived