The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder

William_Clarkson

The catch to Schroeder is he's not waiver eligible. So he could be "stolen" like we grabbed Stanton last year. So we cannot even sign him with an eye to Utica. Although he could also be passed through...

That means he is waiver eligible.

i can't think of a single team in the league that would slot schroeder into their 23 man roster over other pieces they have.

he'd clear waivers.

He's a player (like Dalpe) I'd consider taking that chance on, certainly over just letting him walk unqualified.

We might find out whether you are right about that this fall. There are enough rosters with youth that he could be moved back and forth to the AHL that they could take a flyer on Schroeder to see if there is a fit.

A CUP final with 2 very big teams. A sign of the NHL future. I suspect that Cherry was bang on the other night when he suggested there would be even fewer little guys in the future NHL. When one considers that the NFL and NBA are a big man's game why should the NHL be different?

Well, hockey is played with the puck on the ice (or at least below the crossbar) where the NFL/NBA are played with the ball in the air much of the time. Physicality still plays a part where a bigger, stronger player can be an advantage, but speed (much like a compact running back driving through holes at the line or point guard stepping around players to get to the net) has an impact.

We might find out whether you are right about that this fall. There are enough rosters with youth that he could be moved back and forth to the AHL that they could take a flyer on Schroeder to see if there is a fit.

A CUP final with 2 very big teams. A sign of the NHL future. I suspect that Cherry was bang on the other night when he suggested there would be even fewer little guys in the future NHL. When one considers that the NFL and NBA are a big man's game why should the NHL be different?

Rangers aren't big at all, they're top players are St Louis, Stefan, Zucerello, Hagelin, Mcdonaugh, and Nash who doesn't play physical onebit.

I don't mind him as a scarcely used extra forward. Just as someone who can fill in for injuries on pretty much any line but the 4th. With his good vision he can setup plays with really nice passes. Which is why I'd think he'd be a waste on the 4th with a couple bangers who would rarely ever finish these opportunities.

Just don't think hes good enough to be a full time NHL'er. Too bad he can be claimed on waivers, so we couldn't just call him up or send him down as needed. Going to be tough for him to get a lot of ice time.

I don't see his game evolving. by comparison to players of small stature both past n present: i don't see any theo fleury in him, can't touch cliff ronning's skill set, not near as sensational as denis savard or talented like paul kariya and not even close to brendan gallagher's desire...

Schroeder hasn't really impressed much.

On the other hand, these sort of players tend to find their game a bit later on in their career's so it might be worth the league minimum and contract slot just to see if he can put it all together next season.

Personally though, it's a wash for me whether he stays or goes.

i can't think of a single team in the league that would slot schroeder into their 23 man roster over other pieces they have.

he'd clear waivers.

Because it was 3:44am when you posted, I'll forget all about that. You're one of my favorite posters dude, c'mon.

Qualify him as depth and keep him on our 23 man. He watches from above OR he's 2nd unit PP and top 6 fill in.

He has core strength galore. Broken bones are freak accidents much of the time. Both of his injuries were from pucks. It's not like hes getting clocked, JS is slippery and strong.

St. Louis plays on the wing and the small skilled forward is very rare. People seem to forget that right around the time St.Louis was moved from Calgary the rules of the game changed and small skilled players were able to use their speed and skill. It also didn't hurt to be playing with Lecavalier and Stamkos over the years.

St.Louis was 25 when he was picked up by Tampa because he couldn't crack a terrible Flames lineup. . In Calgary, he had no one really to play with, the centermen being Savard (who played with Iginla) and Corey Stillman. He went to the Lightning who had Lecavalier and Richards as their top two centers.

There is a lot of teams that martin St.Louis goes to in 2000 that he does not have anywhere near the same career.

St. Louis plays on the wing and the small skilled forward is very rare. People seem to forget that right around the time St.Louis was moved from Calgary the rules of the game changed and small skilled players were able to use their speed and skill. It also didn't hurt to be playing with Lecavalier and Stamkos over the years.

St.Louis was 25 when he was picked up by Tampa because he couldn't crack a terrible Flames lineup. . In Calgary, he had no one really to play with, the centermen being Savard (who played with Iginla) and Corey Stillman. He went to the Lightning who had Lecavalier and Richards as their top two centers.

There is a lot of teams that martin St.Louis goes to in 2000 that he does not have anywhere near the same career.

guy seems to be doing pretty damn fine at 38 and no stamkos lol

silly points

ya and if we sign lucic and benn schroeder will be a superstar

lets all play the hypothetical game to back up silly arguments

Just a little update on Schroeder (and Dalpe, since they're in very similar positions):

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports

Neil Sheehy the agent for #Canucks r-f-a Jordan Schroeder says he will talk with the team about his client's future next week.

No contract talks have taken place - the #Canucks need to qualify Shroeder by June 28th to retain his rights.

Agent Stephen Bartlett says he talked briefly with #Canucks gm Jim Benning at the NHL combine last week about r-f-a Zack Dalpe.

Bartlett expects to know more in the next week or so about his client's future in Vancouver.

This is frustrating to watch people write negative things about Schroeder. Come on people. People give Kassian all kinds of time to develope because he is a big guy. Guys need to be given a chance until they are at least 24.

I mean he has played just over 50 games. This is asinine. Who is the alltime points leader for points for american born world juniors. Ya you guessed it Jordon Schroeder.

I wonder has anyone heard of Cam Neely. Slow down and let the guy play a full season. Hello!

This is frustrating to watch people write negative things about Schroeder. Come on people. People give Kassian all kinds of time to develope because he is a big guy. Guys need to be given a chance until they are at least 24.

I mean he has played just over 50 games. This is asinine. Who is the alltime points leader for points for american born world juniors. Ya you guessed it Jordon Schroeder.

I wonder has anyone heard of Cam Neely. Slow down and let the guy play a full season. Hello!

I agree it's too soon to give up on him but I also agree that Jordan NEEDS to show more. Like yesterday.

There's also the question of where he plays on this team. He hasn't played well enough to earn a spot in the top 6 IMO and frankly he's ill suited to play in the bottom 6 where we have better options. Especially given Benning's statements on what kind of bottom 6 he'd like to see.

He really needs another season or two in Utica but then we risk losing him on waivers.

There is no clear answer there.

I don't see his game evolving. by comparison to players of small stature both past n present: i don't see any theo fleury in him, can't touch cliff ronning's skill set, not near as sensational as denis savard or talented like paul kariya and not even close to brendan gallagher's desire...

Jordan doesn't have to be as good as any of those players; they are tops in the league. Jensen isn't going to become Forsberg or Zetterberg either, but nobody is suggesting he's a bust.

JS has only played in 57 NHL games, so it's awful early to write him off.

He may not fit the Canucks, but I think he could probably make a team in the east. I say give him a chance to improve his game and increase his value before tossing him aside.

Yes there is. He needs to play a full season witht the big club in the top six. He is our first round draft pick and he needs to play. It is his age and his time. He is an offensive player and he needs to play with our best players. Not third liners or 4rth liners. Then it is sink or swim. He needs to play with Kesler on the wing or Kesler goes on the wing. Or we trade Kesler and he assumes our second line. 50 plus games is not enough time and also playing with 4rth liners most of that time to assess a player and their scoring abilities. We keep talking about getting younger and faster. He is a top six player. How could it hurt to play him with Kesler? How? Tell me a better option we currently have to play with Kesler. We have nothing. No second line players. Name one save Kesler for our secomd line.

We say we need to develope, well now is our chance to put a player in a position to develope and grow into the player we need him to be. He has not been given the opportunity. And finally, last year is a write off for Schoeder because it was a career low for almost every Canuck player.

I think next year he should be given the second line center spot.

Put him Kess and Kassian together in a room and say "You're together all year so figure it out"

Treat him like a top 6 player, give him time to grow into the role and watch him become one.

I hope this is a lame joke or i want what you're smoking

I tell you what, lets play Schroeder with let's say the offensive juggernaut Tom Sestito and and and the top six forward Brad Richardson. And if he doesn't get at least one point per game let's send hime through Waivers. And oh yeah let's give him let's say a whopping 10 minutes of icetime per game. If he can't impress us then he sucks!

Archived