The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (5) New York Rangers vs (6) Los Angeles Kings

Who will win the series?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh well. His multi-million bank account will cheer him up.

It may help, but that's not all.

For professiona athletes winning chapionship is the ultimate prize, and not many even get a crack at it. Lundquist knows his team blew it and he may never get another chance.

Do you think Canucks were thinking about their paycheck when they had to watch the Bruins lifting the cup in 2011?

Even though the rangers lost, at least they gave it their all in this elimination game. Us on the other hand, we rolled over and handed Boston the cup in 2011. That game pretty much ruined that entire run for me

The 'Nucks' skelteton crew vs BOS minus Horton...ugh...I'm not too hard on the boys,...they were being held together with surgical tape & industrial strength meds...& the Bruisers were just allowed to keep pummelling away & snapping bones without consequences. Speed & skill took a back seat in 2011. Imagine the kind of series it might have been vs Tampa...less drama possibly,.... but it would have been flyin' good fun!

I wonder if some players have less drive to achieve it again,.... like Seguin, who got too much success too soon with BOS, as a rookie. He lost his focus & motivations for a time,...until he was traded to another team. Kane went thru the same thing.

Then you see a play-off montage like that,... and realize it's heart-breaking for so many players who've sacrificed so much... and have yet to raise it.

Kills me to ever see a young punk, take a Stanley Cup Championship... for granted.

Even though the rangers lost, at least they gave it their all in this elimination game. Us on the other hand, we rolled over and handed Boston the cup in 2011. That game pretty much ruined that entire run for me

Rolled over and shut Boston out twice and won 3 out of 7. Boy, NY really showed us how it's done by winning only one game out of 5.

Funyy how AV was at the helm of both of those situations.

uhhhhh even though we managed to play 2 more games? Makes sense apparently the faster you lose the harder you try?

this is what, the 8th time a gary bettman town winning the stanley cup? disgusting times for hockey :picard:

By Gary Bettman town you mean what exactly? He's from LA? He built LA? He invented LA? He named LA? I don't understand. Is this a tinfoil hat comment? Did Gary bettman tell Lundqvist to serve up that rebound to Martinez in the second OT?

Elaborate . . .

uhhhhh even though we managed to play 2 more games? Makes sense apparently the faster you lose the harder you try?

Yeah but once Boston cranked up the physicality in game 3 and started intimidating the Canucks, they won 4 out of 5. Canucks did roll over.

Rolled over and shut Boston out twice and won 3 out of 7. Boy, NY really showed us how it's done by winning only one game out of 5.

Funyy how AV was at the helm of both of those situations.

Losing is losing. At least go out with pride and dignity

You gotta hand it to LA, they are one hell of a great team, and they don't win by playing dirty or taking runs at the goalie. They battled their way back from deficits right through, taking out all these tough teams like The Sharks, Ducks, Chicago. The way they keep coming back shows a lot of character. They totally deserved it and they have my respect and admiration. Some say they had an easy run the last time they won the cup. That certainly wasn't the case this time. This will surely silence the doubters. They are the real deal, no question.

I called it. Said it'd be a sweep or in 5. The Rangers gave it their best but way overmatched. They are the weakest team to come out of the East in yrs. I doubt AV will ever get another shot at the Cup as head coach.

This might be one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here this year. And that takes some doing. Typical of we Canuck fans, we can't be gracious in defeat, even when it's not our own defeat.

it's a bad news for the entire league, fans (except LA's) and the game itself. We'll have to endure watching a style of hockey that will make the "Dead Puck" era hockey look like an art in comparison. Virtually every team will now try to copy LA's style, including our very own Canucks.

I know the league office won't give a s**t about it though, as long as big US market teams keep winning,

What's the big deal?

The Kings are a great hockey team. They play any style that allows them to win. Despite that there was not all that much between the teams.

Both had exceptional goalies but one team was under a new coach who changed their style, had to work things out as the season progressed and yet they were nearly always (apart from game 4) on the wrong end of the "lucky stick"

A couple of reinforcements and I have no doubt NYR will be deep into the playoffs again next year. Who is to say they won't win it.

The sour grapes on here makes me wonder what's wrong with our fans.

Archived