The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] benning wants reinhart

You can speculate that but I won't.

I think it is what they believe and what the team believes.

You dont know what they really believe. Its what you want to believe.

Coming in here and waving the pom poms is not the same thing as honestly assessing the roster. I think if we looked at the last 3 years, even outsiders can see this is not a playoff team anymore.

I'm not suggesting anything. I simply said if Florida accepted your proposal we win big time , however I'm certain Tallon says no. Just running with your idea.

Well it's guess-work on my behalf. Haven't seen enough of Kulikov & Horvat to post such ideas, beyond mere spitballin.

If that's all it's going to take to get that first pick, then I'd be content to part ways with Kassian, the 6th, and our 36th for it.

Then, trade Kesler to Anaheim for the 10th (Perlini, Kapanen, Fleury, or Ritchie) and Etem.

Theyres no point to this. Kassian is a importent part of are future theyres no way we give him PLUS our 6th overall for that.

If we are gonna give up are 6th for the #2 i say the 6th plus schroder and corrado and maybe a 2nd to

I don't like the idea of trading Horvat.

Not sure I like it either(despite floating it). Wonder though if a new GM might view that as a MG-legacy move, which he may parlay into something different?

(just supposing)..If Van COULD land the Reinhart bros(the 2 good ones); just IF it were possible, how much would they be willing to give up?

Theyres no point to this. Kassian is a importent part of are future theyres no way we give him PLUS our 6th overall for that.

If we are gonna give up are 6th for the #2 i say the 6th plus schroder and corrado and maybe a 2nd to

Wtf?

I thought you were a troll. Now I'm puzzled..

If you're buffalo would u do that? Lol

You dont know what they really believe. Its what you want to believe.

Coming in here and waving the pom poms is not the same thing as honestly assessing the roster. I think if we looked at the last 3 years, even outsiders can see this is not a playoff team anymore.

Your right, I don't know but like I said I think that's the case. Thinking isn't knowing

It is also what I believe not what I want to believe. What I believe and what I want to believe are two different concepts.

Hence why we fired our GM that struggled to retool our roster and then fired our coach in who helped our players have career-low seasons.

We have a new GM and we are getting a new coach. Times are changing. How soon? I don't know and neither do you.

Not sure I like it either(despite floating it). Wonder though if a new GM might view that as a MG-legacy move, which he may parlay into something different?

(just supposing)..If Van COULD land the Reinhart bros(the 2 good ones); just IF it were possible, how much would they be willing to give up?

Who cares if Horvat was drafted by Gillis? You don't get rid of talented prospects like Horvat just because some sheep don't like Gillis.

I think getting both Sam and Griffin would be a great way to re-ignite the fan base. For the 1st overall (Reinhart) I'd say maybe Garrison (if he's willing to waive), Jensen, and the 6th then maybe Kesler for Griffin, de Haan, 2nd? I wanted to say the 5th overall but felt like that would be too much for Kesler.

- Kassian, Tanev, + 6th for 1st overall + Olsen

- Draft Reinhart

- Kesler for Etem + 10th overall

- Draft one of Perlini, Kapanen, Ritchie, Fleury, Ehlers.

Hank, Dank, and Burr + 6th pick + Tanev, Hammer, and Juice for 1st OA

Trade Kes, Edler + Horvat to Det for Mantha and 2nd rnd pick

The CDC is the biggest bunch of screwballs in the world

I see all this clamoring for number one as, I have said prior, related to this idea that somehow the number one guy can't flop.

Well he can, since there is no Crosby here etc.

We have a very nice prospect pool forming, that includes players like Tanev, Corrado, Jensen etc and the guys who are still in Junior. Why would we go and bust it up by trading 2 of the highest value prospects ie Tanev / Horvat for a maybe as you say, and at the same time decrease our depth.

Sure trading up would be great but the COST matters as well, which is something a few of us here get, and others don't.

If it's what Toronto has offered (Phaneuf, 8th, Kadri), good on them let them overpay and be stupid, we should be happy with the SIXTH, yes SIXTH highest pick! lol, thats a great spot at no cost other than the crap we had to watch last year....

If it costs us Hansen or Higgins and our pick to move up a spot or more, of course we do it. If it means add in a Gaunce to get to number one, maybe you do it still.

But in our pool of players, at this stage, Jensen, Tanev, Corrado, Lack, Shinkaruk, Horvat, Kassian should effectively be considered untouchable as part of any deal that is simply to move up in the draft 5 or less spots.

That is common sense

Finally somebody who makes sense! Thank you!

I was starting to think I am Inherently cheap, but some of these proposals are baffling... And for what!?! Hope and dreams. Those plus a dollar will get you a cup off coffee.

If FLA wants Horvat plus 6th and they dont add i say no. and the way Nylander preformed at the worlds and combine Nylander and Horvat > Reinhart. Dont get me wrong Reinhart in my mind will be a star

Now if FLA was willing to do 1st overall and a 2nd 2015 for Horvat and 6th id consider it

Hank, Dank, and Burr + 6th pick + Tanev, Hammer, and Juice for 1st OATrade Kes, Edler + Horvat to Det for Mantha and 2nd rnd pickThe CDC is the biggest bunch of screwballs in the world

I am so happy to find other people that think like me! It's place is an asylum! I have never met a board that so ridiculously overvalues prospects before...

I think getting both Sam and Griffin would be a great way to re-ignite the fan base. For the 1st overall (Reinhart) I'd say maybe Garrison (if he's willing to waive), Jensen, and the 6th then maybe Kesler for Griffin, de Haan, 2nd? I wanted to say the 5th overall but felt like that would be too much for Kesler.

Yeah agreed, it would certainly get the town worked up. After the twins, we bring on these local lads..like how Zep helped the world move on from the Beatles! Van kids, who've had top-notch, pro-mentoring from day1..would really be something.

If FLA wants Horvat plus 6th and they dont add i say no. and the way Nylander preformed at the worlds and combine Nylander and Horvat > Reinhart. Dont get me wrong Reinhart in my mind will be a star

Now if FLA was willing to do 1st overall and a 2nd 2015 for Horvat and 6th id consider it

To reiterate a ? I had last page, what if we sent 3 pieces for 2(including the 2 1st's & Horvat)? For curiousity's sake...

another example: Horvat, Tanev, #6 overall

Flor:#1 overall & Gudbranson.

Would everyone in Vancouver take this?

I'd probably accept Gaunce & our pick. No to Ho Borvat, however.

I think the whole point of FLA trading their pick is to get some veteran players who can help win now. Florida has prospects up the ying yang, they need some proven vets

A return of Gaunce and the 6th pick doesn't accomplish that

Archived