The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] benning wants reinhart

None of those are worth a 1st overall

Hamhuis isn't trade worthy as he's a local guy who wants to play in Vancouver so cross him off.

Jensen is a mediocre prospect that won't top any scales in a 1st overall trade scenario

Same goes for Tanev, highly over rated in Vancouver and highly underrated around the league. I'm sorry but the only defenders in the league that are worth anything have to be an offensive threat. Tanev isn't and therefore isn't a selling feature in a trade.

Garrison isn't leaving Vancouver to return to Florida. He's not Luongo

Burrows at 34 isn't worth anything close to the 1st overall and likely wouldn't waive for Florida.

Higgins Hansen Stanton aren't worth anything. They are throw ins.

Kassian has value but I'm pretty sure Linden and Benning won't even consider trading him. He's what they are looking for.

OK again.

YOU think they are valueless.

But Dale Tallon and Florida ownership might not.

Dale Tallon has stated he needs to compete now. He needs veteran D and veteran LW's. We have those and the 6th overall pick. We are the ONLY team in the top 6 capable of doing that trade.

You are purposefully underrating literally everything we can throw in on a trade yet are purposefully overrating a pick 5 spots ahead of us. A pick that some might argue holds less weight with the knowledge that any of the percieved top 5 (or 6) could be the best player of the draft.

Added again Florida needs to win NOW as per ownerships requests and rights to demand and do not need more centers.

There is so much more at play than what people in this forum ever seem to want to consider. Please do go back and read the links I provided for reference. Links which do not even include Freids hinting that Florida has a solid offer in place and that vancouver could be one of the teams involved.

This is what I have been trying to say. They may need those pieces but not at the expense of the 1st oa.

Exactly people think that we have players of value, our team is a bunch of 3rd liners, they have 3rd line value. Sedins Kesler Kassian Horvat are the only forwards of any significant value.

Garrison Edler Hamhuis Bieksa are the only D of significant value, none of which will be asked to waive a NTC.

Tanev has moderate value. He's more of a throw in to tip the scales if we are moving one if our significant assets, by himself we ain't getting much.

OK again.

YOU think they are valueless.

But Dale Tallon and Florida ownership might not.

Dale Tallon has stated he needs to compete now. He needs veteran D and veteran LW's. We have those and the 6th overall pick. We are the ONLY team in the top 6 capable of doing that trade.

You are purposefully underrating literally everything we can throw in on a trade yet are purposefully overrating a pick 5 spots ahead of us. A pick that some might argue holds less weight with the knowledge that any of the percieved top 5 (or 6) could be the best player of the draft.

Added again Florida needs to win NOW as per ownerships requests and rights to demand and do not need more centers.

There is so much more at play than what people in this forum ever seem to want to consider. Please do go back and read the links I provided for reference. Links which do not even include Freids hinting that Florida has a solid offer in place and that vancouver could be one of the teams involved.

Well unless Garrison is willing to go back to Florida (doubt it)

Hamhuis who was good enough for team Canada and a local BC boy (doubt he'd waive)

Bieksa who clearly wants to win and has been here is whole career (not waiving for Florida)

Edler who Linden said won't be traded

I don't know how we can help them. Tanev is not good enough to warrant passing up your 1st. Do you really think if we want to trade a NTC they are going to list Florida on their list?

I'm not undervaluing a 1st overall pick. The 1st overall pick is always significantly more value than the 6th, for one simple reason; you can pick anyone you want. Florida knows that, you aren't just getting what's left over. There's also a reason why 1st overalls are rarely traded and that's because the asking price is always extremely high.

1st overalls are always higher than they should be but that's the price when you get to chose who you want.

Well unless Garrison is willing to go back to Florida (doubt it)

Hamhuis who was good enough for team Canada and a local BC boy (doubt he'd waive)

Bieksa who clearly wants to win and has been here is whole career (not waiving for Florida)

Edler who Linden said won't be traded

I don't know how we can help them. Tanev is not good enough to warrant passing up your 1st. Do you really think if we want to trade a NTC they are going to list Florida on their list?

Tanev Hansen and 6th overall.

Boom done deal. Fla get the bottom 9 player they need and the top 4 D man they need with the 6th overall for their rumoured desire of Ehlers.

Higgins played their before, Garrsion could be asked to waive as well.

All an NTC does is mean the team has to ask first and Garrison was apparently interested in staying in FLA the $ wasn't there and he left got a solid offer came to play at home.

Now again keep in imind FLA has enough centers, don't need Reinhart Draisatl or Bennett. They don't have time to wait on Ekblad and need wingers as Tallon has his eyes on Ehlers.

The pieces fit.

That's not good enough IMO, other teams can offer much more. A 3rd liner in Hansen and a zero offensive non-physical D isn't a tempting offer IMO. This isn't NHL 14 or MG on the other end. Adding Tanev and Hansen to that team doesn't make them a playoff team, so it's a no go.

Teams like quality over quantity

That's not good enough IMO, other teams can offer much more. A 3rd liner in Hansen and a zero offensive non-physical D isn't a tempting offer IMO. This isn't NHL 14 or MG on the other end. Adding Tanev and Hansen to that team doesn't make them a playoff team, so it's a no go.

Teams like quality over quantity

YOu're literally just not going to see the light of day are you.

OK everything the canucks have to offer is completely worthless.

We have shat on paper to trade for

Name one of the other teams in the top 6 that can offer that to FLA with their 1st round pick from 2nd to 5th overall that the canucks cannot match with what they have without gutting their teams competitive ability

Man, imagine we trade for 1st/2nd overall and get Reinhart, then decide to tank once more next year and get Barzal. Have the 2 local boys lead the team for the next 2 decades.

To Ana:

Kesler

36th Overall Pick

To Van:

10th Overall Pick

24th Overall Pick

Smith-Pelly

Then flip

To Fla:

Tanev

Smith-Pelly

6th Overall Pick

24th Overall Pick

To Van:

1st Overall Pick

Draft Reinhart with 1st, Virtanen with 10th.

Tank for a top 5 pick next year or trade into it (good luck lol), draft Barzal.

Barzal-Reinhart-Virtanen=Lower mainland line

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Kassian

Jensen-Cassels-Gaunce

That future. The top 9 could be something special there.

YOu're literally just not going to see the light of day are you.

OK everything the canucks have to offer is completely worthless.

We have shat on paper to trade for

Name one of the other teams in the top 6 that can offer that to FLA with their 1st round pick from 2nd to 5th overall that the canucks cannot match with what they have without gutting their teams competitive ability

Do you really think the 6th is much more valuable than the 7th, 8th or a significant roster player?

Limiting yourself to the 2-5th and throwing in a couple of fillers isn't really a competitive offer.

Especially if their target is Ehlers, who likely isn't going in the top 6

Hypothetical situation:

Florida trades #1 to Edmonton for #3+

Edmonton drafts Ekblad

Buffalo drafts Bennett

Florida trades #3 to Vancouver for #6+

Vancouver drafts Reinhart

Florida drafts Nylander/Ehlers at #6

It would be some shrewd moves by Tallon and everyone gets their man.

Fun to dream.

Hypothetical situation:

Edmonton drafts Ekblad

Buffalo drafts Bennett

Fun to dream.

That's more realistic than 6th Tanev and Hansen for the 1st

But does Buffalo pass on Reinhart?

Hypothetical situation:

Edmonton drafts Ekblad

Buffalo drafts Bennett

Fun to dream.

Realistically, what are the chances of Buffalo drafting Bennett over Reinhart?

I just think Reinhart is better in almost every aspect of the game than Bennett is.

Realistically, what are the chances of Buffalo drafting Bennett over Reinhart?

I just think Reinhart is better in almost every aspect of the game than Bennett is.

Especially at chin ups

Especially at chin ups

:lol:

I just don't see it. IMO, Reinhart is better offensively, smarter, and stronger. They both are pretty even defensively, while Bennett is a better skater.

Plus Buffalo really needs a high end offensive center with their pick, I could see Reinhart as a 30-50-80 type of player almost year after year, while Bennett could maybe hit that in his prime. More of a 30-30-60 guy to me at his ceiling.

my tiers for the top few picks would be:

Tier 1:

Ekblad

Reinhart

Tier 2:

Bennett

Draisaitl

Dal Colle

Nylander

Ehlers

Tier 3:

Virtanen

Ritchie

Fleury

Kapanen

Then so on for the rest.

The only players that I believe have the potential to reach Sam Reinhart's offensive output in this draft are Draisaitl, Dal Colle, Ehlers, and Nylander, and maybe even someone like Ho-Sang, but each of them miss elements to their game that Reinhart possesses.

The question is if a trade up is worth those differences, I'm not sure if they are.

That's more realistic than 6th Tanev and Hansen for the 1st

But does Buffalo pass on Reinhart?

agree, more realistic than all these crazy trades flying around....alot of people on this site (and perhaps its age) really don't think about cost benefit analysis.

what i have seen is alot of people acting like this is NHL 14 and you just move this guy and that guy and that guy and a pick, keep adding players until the system approves the trade, without any regard to the fact that we need to field a team both now and in the future.

Therefore cost/benefit analysis will be done by Benning and Linden when deciding what to do at the draft.

Much will depend on what we get back for Kesler and I fully believe him to be moved prior to the draft (or at least attempted in order to move up). If not I suspect we will want a first rounder next year for a deeper draft.

When people start throwing around Tanev plus plus plus to move up to top spot I laugh, and cry at the same time, laugh at the stupidity, and cry at the short sightedness and lack of intellectual capacity of some of the posters here.

1. Any draft pick is a crap shoot, even number 1

2. There is no sure thing crosby/stamkos etc this year, so risk is much higher

3. The difference between the risk/reward of a Reinhart vs say a Nylander is so small it can't even be quantified.

4. Therefore, why would you trade what is now a proven 3/4 dman with REAL #2 POTENTIAL (as not necessarily a high scoring player but a smart Hammer type player to play next to the high risk guy), a pick, another player, for a crap shoot?

5. People screamed about trading Schnieder for a 10th overall pick / potential and now want to the exact same!!!

6. I see people saying trade this guy, trade that guy, have a team full of young players like Edmonton, tank for McDavid, just so stupid and short sighted and no sense for what it takes to build a winner (ie see edmonton/fla track record with simply high picks)....

End of the day folks here can keep yammering about trading Tanev to move up 5 spots.

I GUARANTEE, if the ask is Tanev and our sixth to simply move up 5 spots the Canucks will NOT do it...

Most of the people here need to get out of the house and stop playing ps3

I think that if all the ask was Tanev and our 6th for #1 that deal would've been done already.

Tanev is good, but we dont really need. The risk of Reinhart not turning out to be a very good NHLer is much less than someone at 6.

We don't have a top C prospect, this gives us one.

If Florida wants Tanev and our 6th for 1st, you do that deal.

That would be the bold move the team needs. I just don't think Tallon will take that deal

I think that if all the ask was Tanev and our 6th for #1 that deal would've been done already.

Tanev is good, but we dont really need. The risk of Reinhart not turning out to be a very good NHLer is much less than someone at 6.

That would be the bold move the team needs. I just don't think Tallon will take that deal

Well maybe trade with buffalo cause i think the 1st will take eckblad. So trade 6 corrado and maybe a later pick for #2 and take reinheart

I think you are right that Tanev and the 6th won't quite get it done because it WOULD have been done by now. BTW, I posted your shrewd Tallon move earlier in this thread or another. I'm not sure which, lol. If we are to trade for the 1st overall, realistically, we would need something which would top Yakupov and the 3rd overall, cuz you just know Edmonton will do it. They need Ekblad really bad!!!

So that's the question...what would we be able to trade to top Yak and the 3rd overall? Overpayment, definitely. But that's gonna be the value in the offer that Tallon will want.

Man, imagine we trade for 1st/2nd overall and get Reinhart, then decide to tank once more next year and get Barzal. Have the 2 local boys lead the team for the next 2 decades.

To Ana:

Kesler

36th Overall Pick

To Van:

10th Overall Pick

24th Overall Pick

Smith-Pelly

Then flip

To Fla:

Tanev

Smith-Pelly

6th Overall Pick

24th Overall Pick

To Van:

1st Overall Pick

Draft Reinhart with 1st, Virtanen with 10th.

Tank for a top 5 pick next year or trade into it (good luck lol), draft Barzal.

Barzal-Reinhart-Virtanen=Lower mainland line

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Kassian

Jensen-Cassels-Gaunce

That future. The top 9 could be something special there.

Almost like my proposal just a little tweaked. I think we could keep the 24th or DSP in the deal though.

Archived