The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] benning wants reinhart

We should give florida Cederholm/Tanev/ and Cassels 2nd/ 3rd rounder for florida's first.

Then we can trade kesler if he wants that is.

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Del Cole Rienhart Shinkaruk

Higgins Horvat Hansen

Kassian Richardson Matthias

Hammer Tommernes

Juice Garrison

Elder Corrado

We should give florida Cederholm/Tanev/ and Cassels 2nd/ 3rd rounder for florida's first.

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Higgins Horvat Hansen

Hammer Tommernes

Juice Garrison

Elder Corrado

People need to get it through their minds. At least one scout has said that opening bids for the first and second picks are 2 established young players and an upper first round pick. People on CDC want to keep throwing average to slightly above average players at the Panthers and the Sabres, but it isn't enough... Tallon and Murray are not dummies.

The only realistic cheaper picks are the 3rd-5th picks. The 3rd pick's cost would sting a bit, but it is attainable by the Canucks.

In other word's Benning would have to give waaay too much away in order to get into the top 2. Trading up to the 5th pick is pointless, 4th pick is good, but the semi-affordable optimum realistic pick would be the 3rd one that is held by the Oilers.

Also, you have Kassian starting on the fourth line. That would be one heck of a way to stifle his growth. He is part of the Canuck's future.

Guest Dasein

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Higgins Horvat Hansen

Hammer Tommernes

Juice Garrison

Elder Corrado

Your offer for Florida's 1st overall and having Dal Colle fresh out of juniors on the 2nd line over Kassian is laughable.

Your offer for Florida's 1st overall and having Dal Colle fresh out of juniors on the 2nd line over Kassian is laughable.

Even more laughable is Florida giving up their 1st for nothing significant

Guest Dasein

Even more laughable is Florida giving up their 1st for nothing significant

Ya that's what I said..

Tanev + Cassels + 2nd/3rd round pick is nothing significant.

where did you hear that talon wants a dman, a swap of firsts and a roster player? cause that could be Tanev, 6th overall, Hansen which is something I could for sure live with.

That could end up as Tanev, Dal Colle, and Hansen for Reinhart. Not sure we wouldn't be better off with Tanev and Dal Colle in our line up. Or possibly replace Dal Colle with Draisatl if he' falls to #6

our 1-2 center spots would be

Draisatl

Horvat

and the Canucks still have Tanev in their top 4

People need to get it through their minds. At least one scout has said that opening bids for the first and second picks are 2 established young players and an upper first round pick. People on CDC want to keep throwing average to slightly above average players at the Panthers and the Sabres, but it isn't enough... Tallon and Murray are not dummies.

The only realistic cheaper picks are the 3rd-5th picks. The 3rd pick's cost would sting a bit, but it is attainable by the Canucks.

In other word's Benning would have to give waaay too much away in order to get into the top 2. Trading up to the 5th pick is pointless, 4th pick is good, but the semi-affordable optimum realistic pick would be the 3rd one that is held by the Oilers.

Also, you have Kassian starting on the fourth line. That would be one heck of a way to stifle his growth. He is part of the Canuck's future.

What do you mean Tallon and Murray aren't dummies? The Panthers have picked in the top 5 something like ten times and they still suck!!! I can't imagine what Van would do with 5 first overall picks in this day and age. Buffalo has been a lot better than Fla but they are hurtin right now. They may squander their talent just like the Panthers. The Canucks would actually be doing those two teams a favor by getting their picks from them

What do you mean Tallon and Murray aren't dummies? The Panthers have picked in the top 5 something like ten times and they still suck!!! I can't imagine what Van would do with 5 first overall picks in this day and age. Buffalo has been a lot better than Fla but they are hurtin right now. They may squander their talent just like the Panthers. The Canucks would actually be doing those two teams a favor by getting their picks from them

Tallon is a poor drafter, but he won't be dumb enough to just give away the 1st pick for spare parts. Buffalo is hurting but the Sabres have a brand new GM now who was hired because he is known to have a strong scouting background and know how to develop players correctly and has been given a few years to turn things around. Former GM Darcy Regier squandered talent, but he's gone.

Kesler to the ducks for Etem + 10th Overall. Etem + 10th Overall + 6th Overall for 1st Overall? Maybe throw in a roster player?

We really need a new face to the Franchise. A Reinhart type player could reinvigorate our franchise.

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows

Jensen Reinhart Kassian

Higgins Horvat Hansen

Matthias Richardson

You're so right. I don't want to flunk out of high school. I want to get a degree at good college and have a good job so I can make a decent living. If cant make a living I'd probably have to move to one of those loser cities like Buffalo. And worse yet I might become a Sabres fan... I better go study now.

No, he's right that you made a stupid comment saying that we'd be doing Fla and Buf a favour by taking their top picks. They have the option of trading their top picks for help now but that in no means is doing them a favour.

wonder if van could do a three way with philly and Florida. Florida might actually like the idea of getting both Schenn brothers.

Philly: Kesler, Jovanovski, Corrado, 36th overall

Vancouver: 1st overall, 17th overall, Laughton, Shane Gostisbehere

Florida: Schenns, 6th overall

Does that sound fair? I would love to somehow get Gostisbehere

Philly: Kesler, Jovanovski, Corrado, 36th overall

Vancouver: 1st overall, 17th overall, Shane Gostisbehere

Florida: Schenns, Garrison, 6th overall

Does that sound fair? I would love to somehow get Gostisbehere

Kinda feel like we're getting hosed a bit. idk.

Archived