The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] benning wants reinhart

Tanev and 6th for 2nd and Ehrhoff.

Would you?

I actually don't, not that I don't think Ehrhoff can still play and is valuable but we aren't winning a cup next year (Unless we make a heck of alot of other deals as well).

I just dont get the idea of giving up talented youth for vets at this stage of our lifecycle, or trading young talent for picks....

again its just a suboptimal strategic decision.

but reinhart isn't like nugent-hopkins. not that it would be bad if he was; rnh will end up very similar to henrik sedin.

but reinhart is a far different player.

Never said they were similar players.

My point is Nugent-Hopkins is not a superstar. He's not in the same league as Stamkos, Kane, Crosby, or even Mackinnon. I doubt he becomes as good as Hank either.

I actually don't, not that I don't think Ehrhoff can still play and is valuable but we aren't winning a cup next year (Unless we make a heck of alot of other deals as well).

I just dont get the idea of giving up talented youth for vets at this stage of our lifecycle, or trading young talent for picks....

again its just a suboptimal strategic decision.

JB and TL seem to think we can make the playoffs next year and we add Reinhart with the 2nd overall.

Ehrhoff has had remarkable chemistry with the Sedins and more importantly Edler. Since it looks like we are not trading Edler this is one of the best options to help him get back on track.

Reinhart could potentially step in right away and fill in that 3rd C role or maybe even 2nd C if he' plays good enough and have Kesler play wing. Not to mention other prospects potentially stepping in.

Just a thought.

I could see Kesler for Sutter, Pouliot, 1st

then turn Sutter + 6th + Corrado into first or second Overall

Kesler 6th Corrado

Turns into

Reinhart Pouliot and 22nd OA

Pouliot replaces Corrado in the pipeline

Reinhart replaces Kes could easily be better though

still get 22nd

a lot of unknowns, because none of the guys we get are proven, but to me it's worth the gamble.

Edit: The value for first is a lot, but you need to think from Floridas perspective

Some people would prefer to keep 6 and add what ever we can get for Kes from a team like Anahiem, personally I would rather trade out of the division, pick up a great PMD prospect a 1C prospect, and a late first that could be Bleackley Scherbak Larkin, or anyone of the numerous prospects all in that clump.

If we did trade with Anahiem we could swing a deal using the 6th and 10th for top 2 pick and that would be a good value deal as we don't lose Corrado.

If we keep all assets we get from the Kes trade and our pick. We add 2 good pieces, but I don't know what their value will be.

SO many options this year...

Edit: big value to move up, maybe add a pick or prospect from Florida or Buf, but you gotta think from their perspective. What would Florida ask for? Gonna put this in proposals cause I'm curious of peoples thoughts.

JB and TL seem to think we can make the playoffs next year and we add Reinhart with the 2nd overall.

Ehrhoff has had remarkable chemistry with the Sedins and more importantly Edler. Since it looks like we are not trading Edler this is one of the best options to help him get back on track.

Reinhart could potentially step in right away and fill in that 3rd C role or maybe even 2nd C if he' plays good enough and have Kesler play wing. Not to mention other prospects potentially stepping in.

Just a thought.

I doubt that.

They are , however, required to convince us that they think so.

No one said plug, come on kuly and 1st. Don't be a homer

Hell, take AE

Bieksa-hammer

Elder-kuly

AE-Tanev

So your suggesting..

Edler, Horvat & #6. ...for: #1 pick & Kulikov?

Then Kesler to Ana. for 3 pieces. Finally send some vets & picks to NYI to get Griffin Reinhart. Would be quite a splash.

I love all these fan who think that the 1st overall pick isn't that hard to get :picard::picard::picard: Who else are you going to give up because 6th and tanev/garrison isn't going to be enough especially if toronto in offering whats reported

If Toronto does that you say ok pass.

More than 6th and Garrison/Tanev is too much. Not worth it. Not sure that is worth it.

Kesler 6th Corrado

Turns into

still get 22nd

a lot of unknowns, because none of the guys we get are proven, but to me it's worth the gamble.

Some people would prefer to keep 6 and add what ever we can get for Kes from a team like Anahiem, personally I would rather trade out of the division, pick up a great PMD prospect a 1C prospect, and a late first that could be Bleackley Scherbak Larkin, or anyone of the numerous prospects all in that clump.

If we did trade with Anahiem we could swing a deal using the 6th and 10th for top 2 pick and that would be a good value deal as we don't lose Corrado.

If we keep all assets we get from the Kes trade and our pick. We add 2 good pieces, but I don't know what their value will be.

Sutter is a capable 25 year old 3rd liner with upside and Corrado is a 5th round draft pick who inst developed into an NHL player yet.

Do you take this deal if you are Buffalo?

Kesler 6th Corrado

Turns into

still get 22nd

Edit: The value for first is a lot, but you need to think from Floridas perspective

This is a pretty interesting idea, as well.

So your suggesting..

Edler, Horvat & #6. ...for: #1 pick & Kulikov?

Then Kesler to Ana. for 3 pieces. Finally send some vets & picks to NYI to get Griffin Reinhart. Would be quite a splash.

Then

I'm not suggesting anything. I simply said if Florida accepted your proposal we win big time , however I'm certain Tallon says no. Just running with your idea.

Sutter is a capable 25 year old 3rd liner with upside and Corrado is a 5th round draft pick who inst developed into an NHL player yet.

I do I'm moving down 4 spots and adding two decent pieces to my team. 1 that can step in right away, one that's very close to NHL ready. Not a ton of salary either.

Of course it depends upon rival deals & their level of desperation. All we can do here is speculate, right?

I do I'm moving down 4 spots and adding two decent pieces to my team. 1 that can step in right away, one that's very close to NHL ready. Not a ton of salary either.

I think it is a decent offer considering the playoffs Sutter has just had and the potential Corrado has shown with us.

Why dont we look at this from the other way around.

Instead of from 6th to 2nd, the Canucks will trade from 6th to 10th.

What would we want from the Ducks to give them the 6th pick ?

I would want Etem , the 24th and the 10th for it. Maybe we could throw in the 66th pick.

No one said plug, come on kuly and 1st. Don't be a homer

Hell, take AE

Bieksa-hammer

Elder-kuly

AE-Tanev

Hell no. Take your blinders off. Horvat is exactly the type of player we need if we want a cup. He's going to be a lot better than people on here seem to be willing to give him credit for.

Archived