The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] benning wants reinhart

I continue to believe Edmonton will offer Yakupov and more, the Isles have a lot to offer. I'm sure Burke will be in the mix as well, he usually is, the price to move into the top 3 will be a lot more than people think and we can't afford to pay it. If this were next years draft I might be down with selling our youth, but for Reinhart? No thanks..

I don't think so. Edmonton is actually in a great spot at 3. Yes, they want Ekbald, but Drasaitl is also on their list. If Ekbald is taken by 3 they simply just take Drasaitl. It would be such a waste to package up Yak, a first overall pick, another third overall pick, and more just to get the first overall this year. Ekbald or not. It would be such a waste of assets. they could use yakupov in another package and get more than just a quality defencman. Yak to them is similar to Edler for us. We know they can be absolute studs, but for some reason they aren't. Yak still has potential to put up 70-80 points a season or more. Ekbald is worth a lot, but not tat much to them. They could even draft drasaitl, and use Sam Gagner as trade bait to bring in a quality defencman. Plus, they're the 3rd overall pick. Last year, Seth Jones who was ranked number 1, dropped to number 4. Same can be for Ekbald. Defensmen are usually a bigger risk than forwards, so GMs usually tend to take forwards unless the positional need is great enough or its obvious they are better than who's available. Honestly, Bennett, Reinhart, and Ekbald, are all similar in skill anyways. All I'm saying is Ekbald could very well drop to 3rd overall. It's not as crazy of a thought as a lot of people here seem to think. Edmonton will not trade for the number 1 pick because they will not offer a significant package. It just wouldn't make sense for them in the end really.

dont even know whre to start with this

firstly, racist, what are you 17 and a white kid who's daddy gave him a BMW but can't get into UBC because you're too stupid and lazy and some 'immigrant' took your spot?

second, being an immigrant has no bearing on whether a kid played hockey. many immigrants do, in fact many russian immigrants play hockey, but ya they're white right?

your point was about non white's right? because their skin color is different , that's the immigrant you are talking about right?

not only do i now know / and everyone here, how stupid you are, we can also see you've never played the game at a high level given your commentary here and other posts

did some non white kid beat you out for your house league spot kid

grow up

The fact that youve made a lot of post bashing people on forums tells everyone how immature you actually are, plus just because you feel angry doesnt mean you have to voice our opinion and in the process personally attack the poster. Certain culture dont put any valve in sports and only follow a team because it what everyone else does. Im not saying this is everyone thats a immigrent.

The fact that youve made a lot of post bashing people on forums tells everyone how immature you actually are, plus just because you feel angry doesnt mean you have to voice our opinion and in the process personally attack the poster. Certain culture dont put any valve in sports and only follow a team because it what everyone else does. Im not saying this is everyone thats a immigrent.

learn to spell, that and your racist post are certainly displaying your level of education and intelligence.

thanks, and ps. calling a racist a racist doesn't mean i'm in the wrong

deal with your racist attitude son

This is the second time this week he indicaits this makes me think its for real

How about keep our 6th and send edler hansen and our 2nd round pick to buffalo for their #2.

Then send kesler to anahiem for etem, ott's 1st and there other 1st

Leaves us 4 first round picks and lays the path for are bright future and keeps our d stacked

Hamhuis tanev

Garrison corraddo

Stanton bieksa

We're not sending Edler anywhere. It would be absolutely nuts to do so, from a value standpoint and a developmental one.

learn to spell, that and your racist post are certainly displaying your level of education and intelligence.

thanks, and ps. calling a racist a racist doesn't mean i'm in the wrong

deal with your racist attitude son

Take it to the schoolyard kids.

I'd rather give up Hansen or Booth than Higgins and there are quite a few prospects I would give instead of Gaunce.

Gaunce is going to be much better than people are giving him credit for, even on CDC, the land of overrated prospects. Higgy is pretty much our only quality second liner not named Kesler. I'd rather give up a tweener.

This.

The "higgins is a third liner" comment comes from people who don't understand what a true second liner is. Also, Gaunce was one of the best 5 on 5 goal scorers in the OHL in his time there. 5 on 5 goal scoring translates from the OHL to the NHL MUCH better than say a kid who is PP wizard at the OHL level. Gaunce is gonna be a player, that much I'm sure of.

I don't think so. Edmonton is actually in a great spot at 3. Yes, they want Ekbald, but Drasaitl is also on their list. If Ekbald is taken by 3 they simply just take Drasaitl. It would be such a waste to package up Yak, a first overall pick, another third overall pick, and more just to get the first overall this year. Ekbald or not. It would be such a waste of assets. they could use yakupov in another package and get more than just a quality defencman. Yak to them is similar to Edler for us. We know they can be absolute studs, but for some reason they aren't. Yak still has potential to put up 70-80 points a season or more. Ekbald is worth a lot, but not tat much to them. They could even draft drasaitl, and use Sam Gagner as trade bait to bring in a quality defencman. Plus, they're the 3rd overall pick. Last year, Seth Jones who was ranked number 1, dropped to number 4. Same can be for Ekbald. Defensmen are usually a bigger risk than forwards, so GMs usually tend to take forwards unless the positional need is great enough or its obvious they are better than who's available. Honestly, Bennett, Reinhart, and Ekbald, are all similar in skill anyways. All I'm saying is Ekbald could very well drop to 3rd overall. It's not as crazy of a thought as a lot of people here seem to think. Edmonton will not trade for the number 1 pick because they will not offer a significant package. It just wouldn't make sense for them in the end really.

A couple things, Edmonton's got good 2nd and 3rd pairing defenders coming. They need a number 1 and 2 D, people don't give those up often and this is likely their only chance. They've been trying to trade gagner for a couple years now but he's not worth what they think he is. And if Florida makes their pick they take Ekblad, they need RW's which is why they want to trade the pick but are loaded at C so they aren't taking one....This is why they want to trade the pick.

Obviously Florida would have to send something decent back in a trade for Yakupov, but it's not exactly a secret that Yak and the Oilers isn't working out for both parties. Oilers can get a quality Center back in the deal as well as finally getting their top pairing D, Florida gets the elite winger type Tallon covets and can still trade the 3rd pick and address other areas.

I have a hard time understanding the 'faux racism' reaction on here at times. Overly sensitive to any kind of 'perceived' slight .. I believe the Mods would be involved if anything truly racist was a factor.

I am part Irish .. "hey, do you happen to know why God created whiskey, lad? ... no? .. why to prevent the Irish from ruling the world, son" .. I deal with it by drinking. .........................................................../s

That would be the dumbest thing we could do.

Florida gets Horvat and Ehlers and we get Reinhart?

Reinhart is good, but not that good.

this was my initial thought as well, but then i considered how i've been feeling recently that horvat's ceiling may not be all that different than gaunce's anyway.

so i dont know.

Archived