The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

I've never understood the PC masterrace stuff. It just shows your own insecurities. If people are fine with console games, then why not let them be instead of insulting them?

Anyway, does anyone know where I can find a cheap wireless adapter in order to use a 360 controller on pc? Makes gaming (for most games anyway) much easier.

I use my console for streaming... :rolleyes:

Anyway, does anyone know where I can find a cheap wireless adapter in order to use a 360 controller on pc? Makes gaming (for most games anyway) much easier.

You should just grab a wired one. Wired Logitech Gamepad's go for under $30.

Edited by Tanev's Smirk

I've never understood the PC masterrace stuff. It just shows your own insecurities. If people are fine with console games, then why not let them be instead of insulting them?

You realize it's just a trolling device that PC gamers use, right? I'll bet that at least 25% of the PC users that mess with the console peasants own at least 1 console themselves. Anybody who actually gets upset over it (not saying you) takes gaming waaay too seriously.

I have a 13" tall mini arcade machine that I made that I use mostly mostly for 80's-90's arcade games, but I also enjoy playing emulated 8-bit & 16-bit console games.on it. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out (NES) being one of my favourites. I use a bunch of cheat codes when it comes to fighting Tyson at the end.

I owned my last actual physical console(s) 25 years ago (Sega Genesis, Turbografx-16, Turbo Express, Atari Lynx).

Depends on what you consider "cheap". Here's one for less than $9 Canadian. Which would be about 25¢ American. :lol:

http://www.amazon.ca/HDE-Wireless-compatible-Controllers-Platforms/dp/B0096PLB9O/ref=sr_1_1/189-7476584-6851730?ie=UTF8&qid=1439217112&sr=8-1&keywords=wireless+adapter+xbox+360+pc

Edited by SabreFan1

Not going to lie, these system wars are hilarious! Ive read a lot of stuff on other forums and it just gives you a good laugh. :lol:

I have my gaming rig and my Xbox one hooked up to my 23" Asus gaming monitor. My PS4 is on the big screen.

Honestly I use Xbox just as much as PC because most of the console games I play aren't available on PC. Its just that games like GTA 5 and Skyrim are so much better on PC. Biggest asset PC has IMO is games like that. Endless entertainment thanks to the modding community.

The new streaming one to the other (xbox to PC/PC to xbox) coming to both platforms via Windows 10 is going to be amazing.

Edited by Xbox

So I downloaded both LoL and Dota 2 onto my computer yesterday, and I just had the opportunity to play both again. I am literally the worst in Dota (Played two games against bots, died like 20 times in total with 0 kills), but I did OK for my first few times in LoL (10/6/9 in PVP). I get what all the excitement is all about now.

Kinda like said it is mainly just trolling. Only some people take it way to seriously. Master race and PC stuff is usually just humorous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr2GdRBDOmU

To be honest though beyond savings and mods I liked PC better because the people tend to be a little bit more chill. Like I can't go on Xbox live without seeing a squeaky voice calling someone a fa**ot and a Ni**er and screaming and threatening others. It happens on every platform but with console it was just so excessive I always played in closed parties or with everyone muted xD

Kinda like said it is mainly just trolling. Only some people take it way to seriously. Master race and PC stuff is usually just humorous.

To be honest though beyond savings and mods I liked PC better because the people tend to be a little bit more chill. Like I can't go on Xbox live without seeing a squeaky voice calling someone a fa**ot and a Ni**er and screaming and threatening others. It happens on every platform but with console it was just so excessive I always played in closed parties or with everyone muted xD

So true. I don't even use my mic outside of party chat anymore. I tried using game chat once and discovered your mom jokes are still a thing.

you obviously don't play any of the major multiplayer PC games? no Dota or League? can't go 20 minutes without having racist, homophobic, or profanity-laden comments tossed someone's way

you obviously don't play any of the major multiplayer PC games? no Dota or League? can't go 20 minutes without having racist, homophobic, or profanity-laden comments tossed someone's way

I have played Dota (not regularly) though actually never played league. But I am referring to the general. Like I said I know it happens on PC to but in general when I do matchmaking on PC I tend to have a decent group. With console no matter what the game you will regularly be playing with very young sounding kids. Not all of them are bad but you will often find yourself with ones who just have no filter. I say this as someone with an xbox one and ps4 who also had a 360 and ps3. Sometimes I would even get angry voice messages on them from everything from taking to many kills, not reviving, or not killing enough.

If that makes sense. I believe it is because most parents find it easier to just get their kids consoles. So you tend to deal with a lot of young kids on those.

Basically I just mean I feel the percentages of dealing with that are lower on PC. That is my opinion though based on personal experience.

I'm a PC gamer, but that master race, Gabe Newell worship stuff turns me off greatly. I know almost all of it is in jest, but it's done so in a smug and condescending way, and damn if a lot of people that spout it don't believe the hype themselves. I know I shouldn't care, but it annoys me.

And to go on what Glassjaw said, PC gamers aren't exactly any less vulgar, at least in my experience. I avoid random multiplayer, especially in Valve games, which seem to attract the worst kind of people.

I'm a PC gamer, but that master race, Gabe Newell worship stuff turns me off greatly. I know almost all of it is in jest, but it's done so in a smug and condescending way, and damn if a lot of people that spout it don't believe the hype themselves. I know I shouldn't care, but it annoys me.

And to go on what Glassjaw said, PC gamers aren't exactly any less vulgar, at least in my experience. I avoid random multiplayer, especially in Valve games, which seem to attract the worst kind of people.

You take gaming too seriously if that gets under your skin.

I only learned about the whole PC Master Race/Console Peasant thing a few weeks ago, so I'm still laughing my butt off reading and old and new posts and videos. It looks like it died down quite a bit once the newer more graphically intense games started to get nerfed on the consoles. It's akin to being a leafs fan, you pay top dollar for a very mediocre product. Poor console peasants... :(

what makes the PC crowd MORE offensive to me is how these ignorant, offensive, racist morons _ARE_ adults. hearing a kid say "ur mom!" is just whatever to me. hearing an adult Dota player start talking endless trash to a teammate because he's mexican or south american, or whatever, is legitimately troubling. how can a grown ass person talk to others like that?

what makes the PC crowd MORE offensive to me is how these ignorant, offensive, racist morons _ARE_ adults. hearing a kid say "ur mom!" is just whatever to me. hearing an adult Dota player start talking endless trash to a teammate because he's mexican or south american, or whatever, is legitimately troubling. how can a grown ass person talk to others like that?

I try to do my best to cheer people on no matter how badly they feed. :)