The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOURS] Daily TSN Trade Rumours, Off Season Edition

Some interesting tweets

RD @BuckFoston_ · 4h

Bob Murray: "We haven't had a solid 2C. No offence to Saku. I was not happy with our defense. Our goaltending was okay." #canucks #ducks

RD @BuckFoston_ · 4h

Getzlaf asked about Spezza or Kes playing behind him. Murray jumped in and pulled a Gilly: "can't talk about other players" #canucks #ducks

Bob Murray: "Faceoffs are a major concern. Quite frankly we played Getzlaf a lot because of it" #canucks #ducks

RD @BuckFoston_ · 4h

Bob Murray: "we need somebody that can shoot the puck on PPs also" #canucks #ducks

Those are interesting, sounds like they're really keen on Kesler. Hopefully they'll ante up.

Usually I'd be against trading with a divisional rival, but I don't think we're going to be going through LA, San Jose, or Anaheim for a while. And then there's always Chicago. May as well kickstart the youth movement.

Guest Dasein

Kesler to Anaheim in a package which includes the 10th overall. We use the 10th, Tanev, and our 6th for #1. Edmonton leaves the draft sad because they don't get either of the top 2 defensemen. Just to troll Edmonton?"!!!! Hahaha

What do you mean either top 2 defensemen? There's only Ekblad available for drafting.

If you meant Tanev, he is not a top 2 defenseman, and there could be other defensemen better than Tanev in play, so you never know.

Guest Dasein

Some interesting tweets

RD @BuckFoston_ · 4h

Bob Murray: "We haven't had a solid 2C. No offence to Saku. I was not happy with our defense. Our goaltending was okay." #canucks #ducks

RD @BuckFoston_ · 4h

Getzlaf asked about Spezza or Kes playing behind him. Murray jumped in and pulled a Gilly: "can't talk about other players" #canucks #ducks

Bob Murray: "Faceoffs are a major concern. Quite frankly we played Getzlaf a lot because of it" #canucks #ducks

RD @BuckFoston_ · 4h

Bob Murray: "we need somebody that can shoot the puck on PPs also" #canucks #ducks

It's been reported Kesler wants either Pittsburgh or Chicago though.. He better open up to being traded to Anaheim because 2 out 30 teams is not gonna get you out of town if you really want to leave.

Some interesting tweets

RD @BuckFoston_ · 4h

RD @BuckFoston_ · 4h

RD @BuckFoston_ · 4h

Is it just me, or does kind of come across as a little desperate. Sounds like he's throwing his team under the bus. If my trade partner came out and said this, my asking price would go way up.

It's been reported Kesler wants either Pittsburgh or Chicago though.. He better open up to being traded to Anaheim because 2 out 30 teams is not gonna get you out of town if you really want to leave.

Did you read the article? Cause it seemed like baseless speculation coming out of Chicago to me.

Guest Dasein

Did you read the article? Cause it seemed like baseless speculation coming out of Chicago to me.

No I didn't so maybe you're right. I hope that is the case.

No I didn't so maybe you're right. I hope that is the case.

Sorry but I can't seem to post the link but the link and article are in the "Kesler trade to Chi/Pits" thread in CT pg 41 post # 1226

Not much to it really, at all.

Don't see how it justified a title change to the thread, but whatever.

What do you mean either top 2 defensemen? There's only Ekblad available for drafting.

If you meant Tanev, he is not a top 2 defenseman, and there could be other defensemen better than Tanev in play, so you never know.

Talking about top 2 in the draft Ekblad and Fleury

Some interesting tweets

RD @BuckFoston_ · 4h

RD @BuckFoston_ · 4h

RD @BuckFoston_ · 4h

Very interesting, sounds more Kesler than Spezza

I think everything is pretty much a done deal already with attaining the #1st OA unless another team comes out of no where and blows the socks off the panthers. I read that Tallon didn't interview the top 3 guys in the draft. Does that sound like he wants to keep that pick? Unless of course he's already decided that Ehlers/Nylander/ are #1 worthy.

Trades 20june 2014

If Garrison waives for Florida

FLORIDA

Garrison 6th for 1st Overall

ANAHEIM

Kesler for 10th, Theodore, Etem

EDMONTON

Tanev and 10th for 3rd

IN

1st pick take Reinhart.

3rd pick take Ekblad/BPA

Theodore

Etem

Out

Tanev

Kesler

6th

I just hope Benning doesn't trade players to get a higher pick as theres not much difference in top 7 players in skill.We do need to make our team better but not like the old GM and give away more then we get or take chances we do not have to.Unless benning knows something we all don't about a top pick then that's different!

Hope people stop trying to trade players in the forums after others post like above as it is starting to annoy people like me nd many others!It has been said so stop saying them over and over!

I just hope Benning doesn't trade players to get a higher pick as theres not much difference in top 7 players in skill.We do need to make our team better but not like the old GM and give away more then we get or take chances we do not have to.Unless benning knows something we all don't about a top pick then that's different!

Hope people stop trying to trade players in the forums after others post like above as it is starting to annoy people like me nd many others!It has been said so stop saying them over and over!

I think this article explains it well. Ignore first couple paragraphs.

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/6/10/who-should-vancouver-draft-spoilers-it-s-sam-reinhart

Guest Dasein

Sorry but I can't seem to post the link but the link and article are in the "Kesler trade to Chi/Pits" thread in CT pg 41 post # 1226

Not much to it really, at all.

Don't see how it justified a title change to the thread, but whatever.

Okay I see.

Talking about top 2 in the draft Ekblad and Fleury

Hmm well technically Edmonton would have a shot at Fleury at #3 and if they really wanted him I suppose they could trade down and still pick him up even if Ekblad goes to Buffalo at #2 if Vancouver trades up to #1.

I think this article explains it well. Ignore first couple paragraphs.

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/6/10/who-should-vancouver-draft-spoilers-it-s-sam-reinhart

The flaw with a chart like that is the generational players who go #1 skew the entire production distribution. The Lemieux's, Crosby's and Lefleur's of the draft cause the #'s to reflect top heavy production. If they took all the drafts that had no generational players or consensus #1 player it might not reveal the same results

Guest Dasein

If there was a Lemieux, Lefleur or a Crosby in this draft, then trading Horvat + #6 would be a good gamble. However there is no real potential can't miss HOF player so staying put is just as good an option

Reinhart reaching his full potential would be a HOF player.

You say he won't be that good yet you treat Horvat + #6 as if they would reach their full potentials - which would be the only reason you wouldn't trade Horvat + #6 for Reinhart. They are both potentials. It's a good gamble because Reinhart has the best potential out of the 3 pieces.

Reinhart is going to be a 1C while Horvat nor the #6 won't be. Best player in the trade would be Reinhart which means we win the trade. We can easily pick up a 2C to fill Horvat's role in the future, but the same cannot be said of the gaping void we have at 1C after Henrik retires.

Reinhart reaching his full potential would be a HOF player.

You say he won't be that good yet you treat Horvat + #6 as if they would reach their full potentials - which would be the only reason you wouldn't trade Horvat + #6 for Reinhart. They are both potentials. It's a good gamble because Reinhart has the best potential out of the 3 pieces.

Reinhart is going to be a 1C while Horvat nor the #6 won't be. Best player in the trade would be Reinhart which means we win the trade. We can easily pick up a 2C to fill Horvat's role in the future, but the same cannot be said of the gaping void we have at 1C after Henrik retires.

I would strongly disagree with that Reinhart is not that much better if at all than some of the players who are going to be available at the 6th spot.

Archived