The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why should we draft Nick Ritchie

Outsiders

-6'2 218 powerfoward

-Great Wrister and Slap shot

-If he's not scoring he's hitting,Fighting, Grinding it out

-We need size to win cups ( L.A as an example, they wore the Rangers out physically)

- We need to not get pushed around in the future we need to be the ones doing to pushing around like L.A

- Ritchie and Kassain on the 1st two lines would be sick if they both reach there great potential

_____-_____-Kassain

Ritchie-____-_______

- drafting Ehlers at 162 is not helping the Canucks now and in the future because who knows how fast he'll be when he has go gain 40 pounds.

-6'2 218 powerfoward

-Great Wrister and Slap shot

-If he's not scoring he's hitting,Fighting, Grinding it out

-We need size to win cups ( L.A as an example, they wore the Rangers out physically)

- We need to not get pushed around in the future we need to be the ones doing to pushing around like L.A

- Ritchie and Kassain on the 1st two lines would be sick if they both reach there great potential

_____-_____-Kassain

Ritchie-____-_______

- drafting Ehlers and Nylander doesn't help us because there small and don't play defense. If there not scoring how are the contributing on the ice? They are not hitting fighting or grinding it out like Ritchie would.

Honestly the skill is in next years draft so why not grab at PWF in this draft and draft I highly skilled good sized player next year

If we can move up for Reinhart and make trades to fill out the forwards, I wouldn't mind Ritchie at all

Ritchie - Horvat - Reinhart

Shinkaruk - _____ - Kassian

Gaunce - Cassels - Jensen

That's a terrific future top nine. Just need a second line center and we're set.

Well, for one thing, by the time Ritchie played a game for us this whole "Big Western" fad will be over and some other team will be winning with other qualities.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of "follow the leader" team building, BUFF trashed their entire organization trying to hang with Boston and I think we've taken some hits as well.

Other thing is that I'm not a big fan of drafting power forwards with prime picks. Theses big kids bull their way around Junior, then try it in the NHL and get their a$$es handed to them. Their size advantage in Junior makes them appear to be more skilled then they are.

You do make a good point about this years draft not being a skill-fest, and risking the pick because of it. But I still say, take the most skilled offensive player you can with your high picks, grinders, checkers and surprise scorers come out of the later rounds, but in the fist you should always be looking for your next star, or the closest thing to it.

To the OP, the Kings aren't successful because they physically wear teams down, they're successful because they have arguably the most solid D-core in the league led by arguably the best 2-WAY defenseman in the league. Their forwards are also not just goons that wear other teams down but competent NHL players that rarely make mistakes.

Size helps the Kings, but it's their skill, even on their 4th line and 3rd pairing that make them so good. That's why if I was Linden or Benning I'd be picking the most skilled player with our pick and hope he adds on some weight as he gets older. Ritchie is definitely not the most skilled player that will be available at the 6th pick

Archived