The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Draft] VAN selects Jake Virtanen 6th Overall

Strombone1

Maybe I give him more credit then he deserves. Maybe he is just outright stupid. Who knows? Either way arguing with this person is pointless.

Everyone needs to argue with someone this deluded every once in awhile. I mean, who doesn't like to know going in that they have a can't-lose argument? lol

Was really hoping Fabbri would fall a bit more. Oh well!

See how calm and proactive higgyfan was about the player he was hoping would fall to the Canucks at #24 getting selected by another team? Did he yell, or troll, or set fire to Jake Virtanen's parents house for raising a kid with an injured shoulder? No he did not.

Like to reiterate

Some of us are NOT happy about the return we got for Garrison and Kesler. That De'Angelo pick could have been ours.

But then some of us aren't happy about the Virtanen pick even though he fits all of the criteria Benning and Linden stated they wanted.

But the difference is that those of us not happy about the Garrison return and Kesler return have moved on.

Calling our highest rated prospect since the twins a bust and some fo the comments against him, Linden, Benning and the team are really frigging childish.

Grow up.

Virtanen is ours. he's our pick our prospect and our local boy. Get behind him or get behind another team. We needed a big fast smooth skating stud to replace Kesler. We got him. He is super young and heals incredibly fast. Moaning about his injury is a joke.

Seriously, you don`t like the Virtanen pick?

Good.

Let us all be bitter together about todays events.

I'm at disbelief at the crap that a lot are throwing at this pick. I personally could care less about drafting players for size but I love this pick.

Our troubles have been in goal scoring so we went out and drafted one the fastest most skilled forward that has an insane shot, this guy is a scoring machine that will go through people to get to the net if he needs to. To top it off (for the size queens) he's big and plays hard :o

I hated kess for his inability to use his line mates but he was a center, a guy like jake flying down the wing will open a lot of space and if he get a chance will always be a threat to score. Put him with a playmaking center and you've got a dangerous combination.

I don't want our team to be made up of big players unless they are skilled. This is what MG missed on in his attempt to get big. Great pick.

Archived