The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wake Me Up When September Ends: Ryan Kesler Tribute

samirjaver

"heart and soul of the Vancouver Canucks, Ryan Kesler" :picard: a guy that didn't want to be here and screwed us in the end...sure,if that's the Heart and soul of our team we're on life support then!

I think he wanted a change of scenery and realizes that with his style of play he doesn't have too many more years near the top of his game so it's time to take a shot at a win. When the Canucks are ready to push for the Cup in a few years his career will be winding down. I don't think asking for a trade is screwing the team, he put in his time, played hard every game. Sorry you feel betrayed this happens in every market. Especially when you get as close as the Canucks did in 2011, you don't want to get further from your goal.

Didn't mind the tribute video,...best to remember the good & not the bad...I guess.

Yes, I am still conflicted. I dont know how long it will take to get over this break-up between fan & player...but I know I don't want to see Kes with his new team anytime, soon. What he has decided to do is mercenary.

He quit on his a 'mates. Sad that....and if the 'room was finding him intolerable,.. he hadn't truly developed what it takes to lead,... or teach an influx of youth how to be proper Pro's. He wont help the process of showing rookies & other young players how to build-a-winner from the ground-up....as he was generously afforded by Linden, Naslund, and Luongo.

IF - Kes fails to win a Cup with ANA....how hollow will it feel if/when VanCity builds a contender & hoists their 1st ever Stanley Cup in the modern era? We knew he wouldn't be signing in VAN again. American fame & big money is what he & his agent want now. That's found in the States...where he hopes to get his next home-run contract. Will he be a true mercenary & dump ANA then too,...in 2 years...I wonder? Innocence lost. Loyalty... is but a memory.

I'm just grateful that we still have Bieksa & the Sedins....to model the super-lative things for up-coming rookies. Foot soldiers need proven generals and sargeants who won't... be-little the members of the supply-line,... shirk their duties,...or quit at the 1st signs of trouble or challenge. I give the Sedins & Bieksa full marks for that, and for always saying the right things to the faithful. They sell tickets...because they give us the bonus-offering of their loyalty...on top of the work that they put upon the ice.

No worries,...fly-off into the So-Cal sunset, Kes. The Canucks will be winning, again,.. just as well or better without you,....soon enough. Thanks again for the memories. I will be re-thinking my sentiments over time...and so will you.

just close the door on the way out, as good as you were in many ways, not all, i hated the arrogance, and the me me me stuff, glad its over. we have so much good coming to the team, and a new life for canucks, so lets go, its not a rebuild, it is a change, an adjustment, and won't take long. the sedins are the perfect two to play with new players, young and older, they have so much class, and henrik is a great captain, so the future looks bright to me.

Kesler didn't want to be a part of a rebuild, nothing wrong with that. He played to the best of his ability while he was here. It was the best for him and the Canucks to part ways as we are nowhere near winning a Cup and the assets we got for him will help the rebuild.

I can't wait for the first game against him.

Probably the largest boos Rogers arena (GM place to me )will ever hear.

He bailed it's too bad because he went from hero to zero in my mind because of it.

Karma will be the sour grapes!

Yay, Since there are a lot of positives on here about Kesler that means he did good. These bitchy assed moaners on here, whine about everthing. If is wasn't for this boy we would have never gone deep in 2011. Then what would you complain about? Kesler ripped it. Please, respect a player who made the team better.

Archived