The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wake Me Up When September Ends: Ryan Kesler Tribute

samirjaver

He don't want to be here ....Garrison want to be here .....same results ... BEST Canucks player for last 5-6 years, always give his 100% on the ice and do not disappear like some others in playoff ! Proud to meet him personaly and wish Kesler only the best ! Thanks Ryan for great 10 years and good memory in Vancouver !!!

Been the biggest Kesler fan since he stepped onto the ice. It's funny how we loved him when he was here, because all he wanted was to win, now we hate him for leaving for the same reason.

This guy poured his heart and soul into this team, and at the end of the day he is right, this team isn't going to win anytime soon, and by the time they MAY be ready to win, he'll be mid 30's, with perhaps a couple more surgeries under his belt.

I remember there was a poll about whether its better to have a player stick with a losing team, or request a trade so he could win a cup. I believe the odds were heavily in favor of the player being moved, because it showed that his desire is to win. If Kesler believed he could bring a Cup to Vancouver, he would've stayed (that's what he's done the past 10 years). Unfortunately, our time is over.

I for one wish him all the best, and hoping he gets the cup he has worked so hard to get.

Thanks for the memories KesLORD

Kesler gave 110% game in and game out for us and I respect him for that. I don't like the way he left but I understand why he wanted out. It's gonna suck watching him light it up against us in the future, I can only hope that we pull off a miracle and win a cup before Anaheim does.

Bit to early to start making tributes to a guy who has handcuffed his GM and had no allegiance to his teammates..should maybe wait a few years to get some water under the bridge

That being said..he was a true warrior for the Canucks..and a key ingredient to their dominance of the AV era

Been the biggest Kesler fan since he stepped onto the ice. It's funny how we loved him when he was here, because all he wanted was to win, now we hate him for leaving for the same reason.

This guy poured his heart and soul into this team, and at the end of the day he is right, this team isn't going to win anytime soon, and by the time they MAY be ready to win, he'll be mid 30's, with perhaps a couple more surgeries under his belt.

I remember there was a poll about whether its better to have a player stick with a losing team, or request a trade so he could win a cup. I believe the odds were heavily in favor of the player being moved, because it showed that his desire is to win. If Kesler believed he could bring a Cup to Vancouver, he would've stayed (that's what he's done the past 10 years). Unfortunately, our time is over.

I for one wish him all the best, and hoping he gets the cup he has worked so hard to get.

Thanks for the memories KesLORD

I was a huge Kesler supporter as I am with every player on this team, but I have a few problems with the way Kesler handled his exit from Vancouver.

I dont have a problem with him wanting to leave to go play for a contender, but when his agent is calling and yelling at GMJB two times a day demanding a trade and not expanding his list beyond 2 teams and handcuffing the team, I have a problem with that.

One could argue that he had the talent and he could have gotten to the level he is at on any team, but the bottom line is it was this team that helped make Ryan Kesler the player he is today and he showed nothing but disrespect towards that very team, the fans and his teammates he was leaving behind with his antics near the end.

Yes he signed a NTC, and yes the team did as well, but the team didnt ask him to move, he did. He was still under contract, yet demanded a trade to only 2 teams and JB still got Kesler where he wanted to go, with a lesser return than the team could have received if he had widened his list, which he refused to do (all very well documented).

He was under contract, the team didnt have to move him, they could have told him to suck it up. Benning stated in an interview that if a player didnt want to be here, they didnt want him, and I dont blame him one bit. I'm glad he moved him and the saga is over.

All very selfish moves on Keslers part.

Bit to early to start making tributes to a guy who has handcuffed his GM and had no allegiance to his teammates..should maybe wait a few years to get some water under the bridge

That being said..he was a true warrior for the Canucks..and a key ingredient to their dominance of the AV era

This is it exactly. Anyone who says Kesler wasn't a warrior for the Canucks wasn't paying attention or is flat out lying.

But the way it all ended is gonna leave a bitter taste with Cancuk fans.

Archived