The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wake Me Up When September Ends: Ryan Kesler Tribute

samirjaver

He don't want to be here ....Garrison want to be here .....same results ... BEST Canucks player for last 5-6 years, always give his 100% on the ice and do not disappear like some others in playoff ! Proud to meet him personaly and wish Kesler only the best ! Thanks Ryan for great 10 years and good memory in Vancouver !!!

Good riddance to Kesler, watching him dive and complain was embarrassing. To say he's even remotely on the same level as Henrik and Daniel as a hockey player and leader is ridiculous and goes to show how overrated he was in this city.

Look guys. Kesler was a good player. Had a slow start as a professional. Took a while to come up from the minors. Didn't light it up in his first years in the NHL.

Had a wonderful playoff run in 2011. Followed it up by posing nude. Followed that with injuries.

He wanted to leave. He had a contract with the team. He asked to break his contract. Most quality stars don't do that. They wait until the team approaches them, usually in their last year before the trade deadline.

He's out. We are better off as a team that he asked to leave. If someone wants to post a tribute to him that is fine. Whether he deserves it...

Have always had mixed feelings about Ryan Kesler - but if we're going to call him the "heart and soul" of the team, there'd need to be some other anatomy added to that list to balance out the accuracy of the overall statement imo.

GOOD BYE and good riddance to MR. MOODY. Thank goodness we got rid of MG so that the trade could actually take place. Should have happened at the trade deadline but MG was incapable of anything that would be that important.

The BEST TRIBUTE for me would be the Canucks to win a CUP long before Anaheim wins another and then Kesler misses out! For me, that would be a tribute and a half.

thanks everyone!

I love the video. It would have been nice if had been a bit longer (i.e. the full length of 'Wake Me Up') but you had it fade out at an appropriate spot.

I liked the buildup with the clips. I knew the tip-in goal against SJ in Game 5 of the 2011 WCF was coming and it was hard not to get emotional when I saw that. His attitude and the manner in which he parted with the team were not ideal but these are some great memories.

Canucks 4 life. Thanks!

Kesler does have many flaws, but all the guy wants is the Stanley Cup, and you can't deny that attitude hasn't helped us in the past. Kesler has always given 110% every time he's out there, and when things were going tough for the Canucks, he was the guy you could most count on to step up his game and sacrifice himself for the cause.

Even though I know him leaving is best for the team (it would become too much of a distraction) I for one hope he gets the Cup he desperately wants.

"heart and soul of the Vancouver Canucks, Ryan Kesler" :picard: a guy that didn't want to be here and screwed us in the end...sure,if that's the Heart and soul of our team we're on life support then!

He didn't screw us over. He had a NTC which gave him the right to say where he wanted to go. The guy competed hard every night and was a character. Every player has a dream of winning a Cup and Vancouver is in a rebuild/retool mode which will take 3-4 years. Kesler's age was a factor in his decision. He might have done us a favor because the top two lines needed an injection of youth and talent. Change is inevitable so embrace it.

As far as the tribute, maybe a bit early for that. As far as CDC slagging Kesler, cmon show some class....he was a huge part of the team, a leader and played hard for us every night.

I don't really hold anything against him for wanting out. He wanted a Cup and Vancouver wasn't the place to get it. Sure it would've been nice for him to stick it out in the tough times, but I can't look at him in such a negative light after 10 years of incredible service in Vancouver.

Archived