The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

9 minutes ago, MadOgre said:

Ya I get you. I just really like his attitude. Its bad ass! And he's got the tools!

Don't doubt for one second that there will be growing pains for the kid lol But he is so determined to be an NHLer that its hard to imagine that he wont be. Obviously he's not gonna be where he wants over night. It may take a few years even but I firmly believe with his attitude, tools and skill that he will be one heck of a player.

He says if things don't work out that he will go back to Russia, work on what he needs to, and then come back and play in the NHL. I really like this kids attitude. Maybe he will see the need to hone his skills in the AHL vs Russia but at any rate his focus is on being an NHL player. His highlights look real good too. He's got smarts so I just don't see how he's gonna turn out to just be a 6'8" plug?

Yeah. I understand. I don't think he'll be a 6'8 pilon. I think he'll be a serviceable, NHL guy. If he turns out to be a star, the better, of course. But I feel like with a market and fanbase like ours, fans have a tendency to over-inflate the players we've drafted. Let's be realistic here. He's played in the KHL, which is a pretty good league, but it's not the NHL. He's played in larger ice surface, so he will definitely need to adjust (I think he'll be surprised at just how quick and challenging the NHL is compared to the KHL). I'm just saying, fans ought to temper their expectations on this kid next week. If he doesn't "play up to people's expectations" he's going to be crucified on these boards, and most likely on the radio as well. 

I agree! He does have the tools. And that's definitely exciting. Again. I'm hoping for the best, and fingers crossed that he makes the transitions that he needs to, to become a force in this league. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MadOgre said:

Have you seen the size of Tryamkin's arms and chest ? Chara is skinny guy compared to Nikita

Does Tryamkin have good hockey IQ? In other words, if your big, but you don't have the hockey smarts, then yeah, not going to amount to much I don't think. 

7 minutes ago, MadOgre said:

Have you seen the size of Tryamkin's arms and chest ? Chara is skinny guy compared to Nikita

Bulk does not equal strength. As someone who is quite literally an expert in muscles and how they work I can assure you that. I have seen Trys form, he's large indeed, but strength in hockey comes from core and legs. Chara has huge legs and is an incredibly powerful human. It's silly that you said otherwise. 

I am really not trying to harsh your vibe my friend, I'm just not a huge fan of making accusation with zero evidence. I'm also incredibly excited about Try, but Chara is an elite human for his size and it would be a miracle if Try comes close to that. 

Edited by shayster007

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. I understand. I don't think he'll be a 6'8 pilon. I think he'll be a serviceable, NHL guy. If he turns out to be a star, the better, of course. But I feel like with a market and fanbase like ours, fans have a tendency to over-inflate the players we've drafted. Let's be realistic here. He's played in the KHL, which is a pretty good league, but it's not the NHL. He's played in larger ice surface, so he will definitely need to adjust (I think he'll be surprised at just how quick and challenging the NHL is compared to the KHL). I'm just saying, fans ought to temper their expectations on this kid next week. If he doesn't "play up to people's expectations" he's going to be crucified on these boards, and most likely on the radio as well. 

I agree! He does have the tools. And that's definitely exciting. Again. I'm hoping for the best, and fingers crossed that he makes the transitions that he needs to, to become a force in this league. 

For sure! I totally expect to see him struggle for a while. Im not gonna pull a Ferraro on the kid LOL Im just super stoked when I think about what this team will look like and be in 2-5 years time.::D

2 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Bulk does not equal strength. As someone who is quite literally an expert in muscles and how they work I can assure you that. I have seen Trys form, he's large indeed, but strength in hockey comes from core and legs. Chara has huge legs and is an incredibly powerful human. It's silly that you said otherwise. 

I am really not trying to harsh your vibe my friend, I'm just not a huge fan of making accusation with zero evidence. I'm also incredibly excited about Try, not Chara is an elite human for his size and it would be a miracle if Try comes close to that. 

Woe Woe my friend! Don't be putting words in my mouth!

14 minutes ago, MadOgre said:

I guess we will see shortly haha

I am really not trying to harsh your vibe my friend, I'm just not a huge fan of making accusation with zero evidence. I'm also incredibly excited about Try, not Chara is an elite human for his size and it would be a miracle if Try comes close to that. 

Bulk does not equal strength. But Bigger bulk, if muscle, will equal more strength.  Our new giant will be great.  That's a fact!  Alf has spoken. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I said Chara's strength comes from the shear size of his frame and length of his muscles but he is skinny compared to Tryamkin and that Tryamkin has what Chara has plus more.

Only silly people put words in other peoples mouths

8 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I am really not trying to harsh your vibe my friend, I'm just not a huge fan of making accusation with zero evidence. I'm also incredibly excited about Try, but Chara is an elite human for his size and it would be a miracle if Try comes close to that. 

And yes I am well aware that muscle length is what creates strength(simple engineering).

So are you trying to say that Tryamkin is shorter than Chara ?

If Tryamkin has muscles just as long as Chara's but with more bulk, then Tryamkin will be stronger. That is a fact.

And as someone who is 6"5" @ 285lbs and built like a brick $&!#e house I think I know what Im talking about as well :o

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MadOgre said:

And yes I am well aware that muscle length is what creates strength(simple engineering).

If Tryamkin has muscles just as long as Chara's but with more bulk, then Tryamkin will be stronger. That is a fact.

And as someone who is 6"5" @ 285lbs and built like a brick $&!#e house I think I know what Im talking about as well :o

Hey! You really are an ogre!  That's so cool!  Congrats on the ogre thing.  I'm short, furry, and super cute.  :lol:

AND YOU ARE 100 % correct about mass and force. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MadOgre said:

That is not a fact. Again, as someone who is literally a professional in the subject I'm trying to politely tell you, you are wrong. Also. Compare the pictures, I put no words in your mouth. You called one athletic and one lanky. Tell me what you see. 10349742_534531653323249_1184675929_n.jp

Edited by shayster007

That is not a fact. Again, as someone who is literally a professional I'm the subject I'm trying to politely tell you, you are wrong. Also. Compare the pictures, I put no words in your mouth. You called one athletic and one lanky. Tell me what you see. 10349742_534531653323249_1184675929_n.jp

Ok expert then tell us where muscle strength comes from? Its not from bulk and its not from length. So where does it come from then?

Your the expert please explain?

Edited by MadOgre

Just now, Alflives said:

I don't know about anyone else here, but I see a very cute blond in a bikini.  

Very cute indeed. And I appreciate you sticking to your area of expertise Alf. Witty lines and keen eyes for blondes. Keep on keeping on my friend. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, shayster007 said:

Very cute indeed. And I appreciate you sticking to your area of expertise Alf. Witty lines and keen eyes for blondes. Keep on keeping on my friend. 

Oh so your just not gonna enlighten us lol Expert! LOL

BAHAHAHAHALMAO

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't know about anyone else here, but I see a very cute blond in a bikini.  

I'm trying to put in a picture of one of the most powerful men to walk this planet.  His name was Vasilly Alexiev.  What do you see?  And notice no pretty girl to distract our eyes.

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, MadOgre said:

Oh so your just not gonna enlighten us lol Expert! LOL

BAHAHAHAHALMAO

Muscle fiber types and concentration, how muscles are built, protein elements in the body and muscles, and literally most importantly, genetic predisposition. 

Man do I ever regret attempting have a conversation with what I can only assume is a 6'5, 285 pound, 14 year old. 

• Upvote 2