The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

4 minutes ago, CeeBee51 said:

All interesting to me. My wife is half Hungarian(Transylvania) a couple of generation back and I'm mostly German/some Dutch but last point of origin for my great grandfather before coming to Canada in the 1860's was the Ukraine.   

Most likely your grandfather came from the Western part of Ukraine that was part of huge Austrian-Hungarian Empire at that time...

2 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Most likely your grandfather came from the Western part of Ukraine that was part of huge Austrian-Hungarian Empire at that time...

just a bit west of Kiev... Volhynia  ... my moms side may have been in Prussia but they moved around europe at different times I think. 

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

It depends of how last name was created, Russian language is historically very complicated in that regard. And it is FE-do-rv (last O is silent) ;) At the same time it is chu-BA-rov, mo-GYL-ny...

SVECH-ni-kv --- ni-CHUSH-kin...

I must say you have quickly become one of my favourite posters :) 

Really looking forward to NIK play!  He seems like the type of guy that would give everything for his team.  Hope nothing but good things for the young man!

1 minute ago, TheOgRook said:

Really looking forward to NIK play!  He seems like the type of guy that would give everything for his team.  Hope nothing but good things for the young man!

Me too. I nominate Stierlitz as poster of the month! 

(That's a thing, right? :unsure:)

14 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Thank you. This is my pleasure actually to share some historical knowledge with you, ladies and gentlemen!

Back to Tryamkin. I completely agree with your post: He seems like the type of guy that would give everything for his team. That is why the Avto fans and teammates love him.

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

I think he's gonna do awesome once he gets past the adjustment phase.

He reminds me of the Russian in Rocky IV lol. Which is a good thing. I like his attitude!

He already moves much better than Chara so if he can translate his game to the NA style I think well have one heck of a hockey player.

JB knows! That's why he picked him!

6 hours ago, shayster007 said:

Gear down big rig. Chara in his prime was one of the most dominant defenders in the NHL and easily one of the best big men to ever play hockey. Chara has slowed considerably and is not the same player he was a few years ago. If Tryamkin ever gets to be even as good as Chara is now,  we will be incredibly lucky. 

I don't think I need to gear down lol. Tryamkin already moves much better than Chara ever has! If this kid can make the transition he has every bit of potential to surpass Chara as a player. Even Nikita himself says he doesn't wanna be compared to Chara because he thinks he will be much better than Chara ever was. I don't doubt he will be better after watching the guy move. He skates just as well as anyone else and can sure get moving in a hurry! Something Chara really struggled with for quite some time at first. He's only what 19-20 years old so Ya Im pretty stoked!  ::D

Just another solid pick by JB :)

Oh and if you look at Chara body build type compared to Tryamkin its like night and day. Tryamkin has a very athletic muscled build vs Chara's lanky skinny build. Looking at Nikita I would swear he has to weigh at least 280 lbs. Chara gets his strength from the shear size of his frame and length of his muscles where as Nikita has that plus he has a very athletic muscular build in addition.

I think its pretty easy to see that if Tryamkin can bring his game to the NA rink then he will be better in a lot of ways which is super good news for us!

Edited by MadOgre
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

I just think that this is important to call the player names right way. Interesting fact: original surname of our Burnaby Joe Sakic is Šakić (Croatian origin) and it is pronounced Sha-kich. Fortunately Lucic (Lju-chich) is pronounced correctly so things change... BTW Horvat in Russian and some other Eastern European languages means Croatian.

I can hear Bob Cole now...

During the 2002 Olympic finals "It's Joe Sha-Kich Scores! JYOOOOOOEE SHA-KICH SCORES!"

:wacko:

30 minutes ago, MadOgre said:

I don't think I need to gear down lol. Tryamkin already moves much better than Chara ever has! If this kid can make the transition he has every bit of potential to surpass Chara as a player. Even Nikita himself says he doesn't wanna be compared to Chara because he thinks he will be much better than Chara ever was. I don't doubt he will be better after watching the guy move. He skates just as well as anyone else and can sure get moving in a hurry! Something Chara really struggled with for quite some time at first. He's only what 19-20 years old so Ya Im pretty stoked!  ::D

Oh and if you look at Chara body build type compared to Tryamkin its like night and day. Tryamkin has a very athletic muscled build vs Chara's lanky skinny build. Looking at Nikita I would swear he has to weigh at least 280 lbs. Chara gets his strength from the shear size of his frame and length of his muscles where as Nikita has that plus he has a very athletic muscular build in addition.

I think its pretty easy to see that if Tryamkin can bring his game to the NA rink then he will be better in a lot of ways which is super good news for us!

I'm excited just like everyone else. But I think we need to be cautious and careful not to have "other-universely-like" expectations for Tryamkin. I think he's going to be a good player, but don't think he'll be an all-star dman. He's a solid pick, but just because he's skating better than Chara did when they were the same age, doesn't mean that Tryamkin is going to be a better player. There's a lot of factors going into whether this kid is going to turn out or not. 

On a side note. It's good that management didn't expose him to Saturday's game on CBC, national television. That is a tremendous amount of pressure. Tryamkin will most likely be playing next week sometime. A little less publicity in terms of national coverage. Though, the media coverage in Van will be crazy when he suits up. 

I'm hoping Tryamkin is going to adjust quickly to NA ice. But let's temper our expectations for him! 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, MadOgre said:

Whoa, slow down there turbo! I'm as excited as the next guy, but he hasn't even played an NHL game yet. Lets not set the bar too high yet.

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm excited just like everyone else. But I think we need to be cautious and careful not to have "other-universely-like" expectations for Tryamkin. I think he's going to be a good player, but don't think he'll be an all-star dman. He's a solid pick, but just because he's skating better than Chara did when they were the same age, doesn't mean that Tryamkin is going to be a better player. There's a lot of factors going into whether this kid is going to turn out or not. 

On a side note. It's good that management didn't expose him to Saturday's game on CBC, national television. That is a tremendous amount of pressure. Tryamkin will most likely be playing next week sometime. A little less publicity in terms of national coverage. Though, the media coverage in Van will be crazy when he suits up. 

I'm hoping Tryamkin is going to adjust quickly to NA ice. But let's temper our expectations for him! 

Ya I get you. I just really like his attitude. Its bad ass! And he's got the tools!

Don't doubt for one second that there will be growing pains for the kid lol But he is so determined to be an NHLer that its hard to imagine that he wont be. Obviously he's not gonna be where he wants over night. It may take a few years even but I firmly believe with his attitude, tools and skill that he will be one heck of a player.

He says if things don't work out that he will go back to Russia, work on what he needs to, and then come back and play in the NHL. I really like this kids attitude. Maybe he will see the need to hone his skills in the AHL vs Russia but at any rate his focus is on being an NHL player. His highlights look real good too. He's got smarts so I just don't see how he's gonna turn out to just be a 6'8" plug?

44 minutes ago, MadOgre said:

07544b64881f1fc87d74fdbf903274da.jpg

• Upvote 1