The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm trying to put in a picture of one of the most powerful men to walk this planet.  His name was Vasilly Alexiev.  What do you see?  And notice no pretty girl to distract our eyes.

image.jpeg

I see a pregnant dude!

7 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Muscle fiber types and concentration, how muscles are built, protein elements in the body and muscles, and literally most importantly, genetic predisposition. 

Man do I ever regret attempting have a conversation with what I can only assume is a 6'5, 285 pound, 14 year old. 

Well that's funny cause that is the biggest pile of rubbish.

Its geometry and physics which determines strength of an individual. Longer muscle and frame = greater leverage = greater strength. Holy crap dude everybody knows this!

You sound like your a WCB expert lol

10 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Muscle fiber types and concentration, how muscles are built, protein elements in the body and muscles, and literally most importantly, genetic predisposition. 

Everything you said has to with diet and exercise program. And then you throw in genetics at the end ? :excl:

6 minutes ago, MadOgre said:

Well that's funny cause that is the biggest pile of rubbish.

Its geometry and physics which determines strength of an individual. Longer muscle and frame = greater leverage = greater strength. Holy crap dude everybody knows this!

You sound like your a WCB expert lol

Dude. Just stop.. That is literally science. Do you know what kinesiology is? Look it up, do some research. Then when you've completed a degree, became registered in multiple physical modalities, had literally thousands and thousands of hours of class time, and years of hands on experience working with everyone from 96 year old grandma's to professional sports team, you'll be even slightly qualified to debate me in the subject at hand. 

Edited by shayster007

1 minute ago, shayster007 said:

Dude. Just stop.. That is literally science. Do you know what kinesiology is? Look it up, do some research. Then when you've completed a degree, became registered in multiple physical modalities, had literally thousands and thousands of hours of class time, and years of hands on experience working with everyone from 96 year old grandma's to professional sports team, we'll talk then. 

Ya actually I do know what Kinesiology is LMAO its called a massage therapist! LOL You really are hilarious my friend!

Did they teach you to put words in other peoples mouths at Kinesiology university too ? lol

• Upvote 1

What I don't get lol is even if there was some truth to what you say lol.

How did you determine that Chara has better muscle fiber density and protein over Tryamkin ? LOL

OH OH and genetics ? LOL

Edited by MadOgre

36 minutes ago, MadOgre said:

Oh so your just not gonna enlighten us lol Expert! LOL

BAHAHAHAHALMAO

If you can't see the difference between those two pictures...

One is a big dude in fairly good shape. The other is a finely honed machine of lean, core muscles. 

I'm excited about NT too but he's got a ways to go before he's in Chara territory as a hockey player or fitness/muscle  specimen. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

That is not a fact. Again, as someone who is literally a professional in the subject I'm trying to politely tell you, you are wrong. Also. Compare the pictures, I put no words in your mouth. You called one athletic and one lanky. Tell me what you see. 10349742_534531653323249_1184675929_n.jp

Blonde aside. 

I see a 21 year old chilling on the beach with his girl. 

And a 40 year old who just worked out and salt loaded to shred every ounce of water out of his body for a photo shoot. 

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/7-scientific-steps-to-camera-ready-body.html

Any professional on the subject would be able to spot that... If you want me to explain further let me know. (And I'm no professional)

why don't we let Nikita play som hockey before we decide. 

Edited by ABNucksfan

I don't expect much from him this season. I just want to see him making some adjustments to the smaller ice, the faster play and the physicality. Just get some first experience of NA hockey. After those couple of games you can see where work is needed in the offseason so you can focus on that parts in the summer.

I know this sounds cliche but a lot of strength comes from your mind or mental ability to harness the rage to your extremities. 

I have worked in and around the drilling rigs for 17 years. I have worked with some Giants. Some were just retarded strong and some were comically weak. Same goes for small guys. Some really fat, some really long and lanky. Obviously the Giants are going to be stronger because they are simply bigger people but your Lbs/FT ratio is mostly made up of your ability to put out. I have also worked with comically weak gym rats. They are actually some of the weakest lbs/ft people I have ever seen. You want big Ukrainian farm boy. 

To add, I'm twice the size of my wife but she has beat the piss out of me in a rage. 

44 minutes ago, Lateralus91 said:

I don't expect much from him this season. I just want to see him making some adjustments to the smaller ice, the faster play and the physicality. Just get some first experience of NA hockey. After those couple of games you can see where work is needed in the offseason so you can focus on that parts in the summer.

I am just curious to see him play. There is a lot of enthusiasm as we all have visions of the next Chara. But it took Chara a while to become a good D in the NHL.

I'm confused. So for sure we are not making the playoffs. These are non meaning games meant yet Benning is looking at burning a year of this kid's contract? I read somewhere, I think it's the Province where they said that the Canucks were going to play him more than 9 games. If this is true and it turns out to be the case I'd think this reeks of bad asset management.

45 minutes ago, smokes said:

I'm confused. So for sure we are not making the playoffs. These are non meaning games meant yet Benning is looking at burning a year of this kid's contract? I read somewhere, I think it's the Province where they said that the Canucks were going to play him more than 9 games. If this is true and it turns out to be the case I'd think this reeks of bad asset management.

The balls in NT's hands not Canucks. That's how the Russians role...  eg, Kovalchuk, S.Voynov, Radulov, etc.