The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What players will breakout next season under Willie Dj?

Canuckler87

After a dissapointing season under Torts, I predict Sedins to return to point a game form. Daniel should hit 30 goals again. Sedins should still have a season or two of prime production in them before they start to decline. I think Torts had more to do with their production falling off than anything else.

Expecting a big year from Kassian and to continue to build off what he did last season. 20-25 goals well within reach. Willie will find a way to get the best out of these guys. It's why he was coveted throughout the league and why he's coming fresh off a championship. Torts had many of the players have career lows under him, lots of them should be determined to bounce back in a big way.

The best thing for Daniel would be a quick start. Something like 4-5 goals in the first ten games. That would do wonders for his confidence and get "fans" off his back.

I think Kass is poised for big things. Really want to see what Vey can do. Willie D obviously has plans for him.

Hopefully Willie D can wake up Edler.

Glad Kesler is gone and getting excited for next year. Happy to hear they want to get back to up tempo hockey. Torts' brand of hockey wasn't entertaining.

Edler simply can't have as bad a season as he had last year and the twins are unlikely to have such injury woes.The guy I'm worried about is Burrows; he doesn't seem to be the kind of player who will fit into the "new culture" of the Canucks and even if he stays healthy I'll be happily surprised if he breaks 20 goals. I agree that the guys who have played with Willie D. before will be good and I think Hansen's sterling work ethic combined with some stability as to where he plays will contribute to him having a career year. Betcha he gets more goals than Burrows. I'm also cautiously optimistic that Markstrom will start to look as good as his notices in the past. Playoffs here we come!

Looks like we still have to sign a contract with Vey... as well as Kassian and Tanev.

I wonder if we will let Schroeder, Dalpe, Weber, walk.

I think Alberts is still suffering from concussion symptoms, his career may be over.

Santorelli is testing free agency apparently.

'Nucks Forwards:

Vey, Linden » RFA
Kassian, Zack » RFA
Schroeder, Jordan » RFA
Dalpe, Zac » RFA
Santorelli, Mike » UFA
'Nucks Defense:
Tanev, Chris » RFA
Weber, Yannick » RFA
Alberts, Andrew » UFA

Not to mention a our farm team:

G Cannata, Joe » RFA