The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sharks sign John Scott

Yet he keeps getting signed by teams.

Wild, Black Hawks, Rangers (even traded to them), Sabres and now Sharks all seem to think he adds to the equation.

Doesn't mean they were right. He didn't make any significant contributions to any of those teams.

Good signing, he brings more than any clown in this thread realises. Some people still think this guy stole thier roster spot. The game I love has a home for players like Scott.

Good signing, he brings more than any clown in this thread realises. Some people still think this guy stole thier roster spot. The game I love has a home for players like Scott.

I concur. I will assume with Lucic, Chara, Thornton etc... That Benning appreciates the place in the game for guys that can protect you as well.

I've only seen John Scott get semi-rocked in 2 fights. Once by Colton Orr and I forget who the second guy was. Orr dropped Scott to a knee after his punch put Scott off balance, but the second guy just caught him with two haymakers right on the button and Scott's legs gave out just enough to let the guy land on top of him. Even Scott knew he lost that one. Nice guy off of the ice, loves to play pranks on people, but he said once in an interview that he does realize why he is in the NHL.

I concur. I will assume with Lucic, Chara, Thornton etc... That Benning appreciates the place in the game for guys that can protect you as well.

Difference being that those guys can actually play hockey.

Fighting will be banned in hockey eventually.

I don't know about you but I would much rather watch Stamkos, Crosby, Toews over Scott, Orr, McGrattan etc.

Benning obviously likes the bigger players, but he also wants to run 4 lines. Scott doesn't do that for you.

Fighting will be banned in hockey eventually.

I don't know about you but I would much rather watch Stamkos, Crosby, Toews over Scott, Orr, McGrattan etc.

I like hockey just the way it is and always has been. People who want to change it I find annoying.

John Scott provides a purpose that imo will always be part of the game. He may do it well but he is also a huge liability when he steps on the ice.

i would take him over sestito

Sestito will be the 13th guy.

236-2-4-6 Yeah Scott is quite a player!

He is only in the NHL for one thing: his 430pims. I wonder how many goals were scored against his team during those minutes?

Canucks don't need a guy that rides the bench for most of the night. They're running 4 lines.

Archived