The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Wpg

To Van:

Evander Kane

To Wpg:

Jacob Markstrom, Chris Higgins, Brendan Gaunce, 2nd 2015, 3rd 2015

My thinking is that Gaunce and Higgins could be helpful to the jets for a few years or more, Markstrom is a young goalie who can be better than Pavelec and be the no.1 goalie for the future, while we give up the 2nd and 3rd round picks which has a close value to a 1st.

We get a local player who Winnipeg has been trying to find a trade partner.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Kane-Bonino-Kassian

Burrows-Vey-Hansen

Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

Hamhuis-Tanev

Bieksa-Edler

Stanton-Sbisa(dosen't matter who the 6th d men is)

Miller

Lack

Top 6 of the future

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Jensen

Kane-McCann-Virtanen

No thanks., Evander is a local kid that doesn't have his priorities straight. I don't think playing at home will help and in fact could be more of a distraction. He's a good player that could be great but his reckless attitude doesn't bode well for his future.

Maybe he'll mature and I'll be wrong. I hope so.

We don't have a 2015 3rd.

To Van:
Evander Kane

To Wpg:
Jacob Markstrom, Chris Higgins, Brendan Gaunce, 2nd 2015, 3rd 2015

My thinking is that Gaunce and Higgins could be helpful to the jets for a few years or more, Markstrom is a young goalie who can be better than Pavelec and be the no.1 goalie for the future, while we give up the 2nd and 3rd round picks which has a close value to a 1st.

We get a local player who Winnipeg has been trying to find a trade partner.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Kane-Bonino-Kassian
Burrows-Vey-Hansen
Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

Hamhuis-Tanev
Bieksa-Edler
Stanton-Sbisa(dosen't matter who the 6th d men is)

Miller
Lack

Top 6 of the future

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Jensen
Kane-McCann-Virtanen

@ The Cammer

Reckless attitude? That's rich.

Presently he's in Vancouver working on his game at local rinks. He is taking this upcoming season very seriously.

Did Patrick Kane's reckless attitude affect his game into the future?

How about Milan Lucic's Roxy excursions?

Also looking at your profile picture, when will Zack Kassian get his act together?

Oh right, these are young guys who are thrust into the spotlight making millions of dollars. Evander Kane will be just fine.

He would be the piece that would help this team immensely. He is very proud of being from Vancouver and would respect and mold himself using the core ideals that the Sedins, Hamhuis, and Bieksa have.

He and Kassian being centred by Bonino would make a very exciting second line.

Can we fit that in under the cap?

I'd be willing to offer

To Van:
Evander Kane

To Wpg:
Markstrom, Matthias/ Hansen, Jensen, Burrows

Jets get future goaltending, 3c who can move up to 2c if needed (they lost ollie this year), top 6 in burrows, and young scorer who'd likely make the Jets roster (to replace what setoguchi brought last year).

They get help now and for the future.

It would add a lot of roster players the jets top 9 this year. Something they are extremely weak in.

Ladd Little Wheeler

Burrows Scheifele Jensen

Matthias Perreault Thorburn

Tangradi Slater Peluso

Byf Enstrom

Bogo Truba

Clitsome Morrissey

Pavelec

Markstrom

If Petan and Ehlers can make the jump in a couple of years that will (could) replace offense output of Kane and then Jensen and Matthias will be needed to add some size.

The trade off the start is equal for both teams. Jets lose their top goal scorer but fill replace that with the out put of Burrows and Matthias/Hansen

For the future:

If Kane’s potential is 40 goals...that can be replaced.

If Jensen at his peak can become a fulltime second line winger and contribute to 70% of that (24 goals) and Markstrom can become a solid number 1 goalie, Jets win in the long run.

@ The Cammer

Presently he's in Vancouver working on his game at local rinks. He is taking this upcoming season very seriously.

Also looking at your profile picture, when will Zack Kassian get his act together?

Oh right, these are young guys who are thrust into the spotlight making millions of dollars. Evander Kane will be just fine.

He would be the piece that would help this team immensely. He is very proud of being from Vancouver and would respect and mold himself using the core ideals that the Sedins, Hamhuis, and Bieksa have.

Well perhaps I've put too much stock in the media surrounding Evander @PhilipBlunt. You are right that Kane certainly isn't alone in this department. All the people you named have had varying degrees of issues. We can add Seguin to the list.

I gather that you must know Evander personally or through friends as you know about his preparation for the season. Glad to hear he is super-focused on this season.

My main comment was really just getting across that sometimes playing in your hometown as a young guy can be more of a distraction so it might not be a good thing at this point in his career.

@ The Cammer

Exactly. Player grow up and mature. To quote our old friend MG, it's just part of the process. Patrick Kane had similar problems, as well as Matt Duchene, and Tyler Seguin. They seem to be doing alright now. Different people take different lengths of time to mature, and need different circumstances. How long do people think he will stay immature. Most likely, it's only a matter of time until he straightens out. And when he does, whoever has him on the roster will be in good shape

Archived