The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Westboro Baptist Church Plan to Protest RObin Williams Funeral

Raoul Duke

Well said!

To everybody else, if you REALLY don't like these people, here's what you do:

1. Don't talk about them, write about them, think about them ext ect.

2. If you should happen to meet them, pay no attention at all to the rhetoric, but be as nice to them as you possibly can, If they are protesting and it's a cold day, go buy them some hot coffee. When they tell you your going to hell with the rest of the f@&&ots, you tell them "Of course but until them have a great day!"

I guarantee they disappear within five years if everyone followed those principals.

Some people and entities need to be fought, but this isn't one of them, they stay alive on people's attention and outrage.

Take away the life support and there gone,

Yes. There is a lot to be said about taking the high road. I might not buy them coffee though. :)

Ignore them?

Remind me how well that worked for the losing side in every African conflict to date, European conflict? Middle East? How about the Khmer Rouge? Pohl Pot?

The issue with ignoring hate is that it almost always finds a fertile ground to breed in. See the US Tea Party, ISIS, Nazi Germany, Italian Fascism.

I think beyond my normal mindset that enough is enough. Burn the compound to the ground, take away the licenses of the 3 family members allowed to practice law and jail or imprison anyone doing this crap for indecency or at the very least offering an indignity to a dead body. Maybe harassment?

Barring that take em all out back and help them meet their maker faster than they deserve.

This right here. Spot on Warhippy.

This from the same group who asked people to show respect and not protest founder Fred Philps funeral.

:picard:

^^This.

WBC makes me cringe and facepalm. I just don't understand how such a large mass of people can be so stupid.

Ignore them?

Remind me how well that worked for the losing side in every African conflict to date, European conflict? Middle East? How about the Khmer Rouge? Pohl Pot?

The issue with ignoring hate is that it almost always finds a fertile ground to breed in. See the US Tea Party, ISIS, Nazi Germany, Italian Fascism.

I think beyond my normal mindset that enough is enough. Burn the compound to the ground, take away the licenses of the 3 family members allowed to practice law and jail or imprison anyone doing this crap for indecency or at the very least offering an indignity to a dead body. Maybe harassment?

Barring that take em all out back and help them meet their maker faster than they deserve.

Uhhh, huge difference between a the WBC and an international conflict, the Khmer Rouge and Pohl Pot...

WBC members are vile disgusting people, but they aren't slaughtering innocent people. They're just annoyances. And as frustrating it may be to realize, they are technically not doing anything illegal.

' There is a special place in Hades for these WBC cretins and their ilk .. there are people filled with hate everywhere (looks around), and in a 'free Society', they have the right to blashpheme and spew hatred .. Like all "false Christian's", they have used their own narrow interpretations of "The Word of God" to cast their judgement upon others, and they shall reap the bitter harvest from the vile seeds they have sown. That, or some 'gun nut' will waste a bunch of them because they offended the wrong folks. '

~ Thus endeth the Sermon .. have a blessed Sunday ~

WBC has become nothing but a whipping boy for self righteous indignation. What's the point in discussing them? Do they have any support? Is there any room for discussion at all?

Is there anything to be said aside from how terrible you think they are? Crazies without any power depend on people to get outraged. On the other hand, you have ISIS wreaking havoc with as much power behind their thinking as a well oiled machine. That's what's dangerous, not these loons.

WBC has become nothing but a whipping boy for self righteous indignation. What's the point in discussing them? Do they have any support? Is there any room for discussion at all?

Is there anything to be said aside from how terrible you think they are? Crazies without any power depend on people to get outraged. On the other hand, you have ISIS wreaking havoc with as much power behind their thinking as a well oiled machine. That's what's dangerous, not these loons.

Great first post.

facebook_fans3-150x150.jpg

You're here discussing them?

I find it interesting that many who suggest we shouldn't feed/fuel the beast aren't, themselves, simply scrolling on by. They come in here to stand on a soapbox and criticize how others aren't doing it right, yet they aren't practicing what they preach?

Set the example...scroll past the thread and let it drop? That would be MY suggestion.

They must be taken out by the same means that they have the financial power they do. This group has several lawyers within them and every court win - dollar they have is won through them.

To put an end to this group someone needs to play the same game. Have thier protesters stand right in front of them and scream obscenities that are directly about them - to them. Make sure the folks the good team uses have the patients of Job - to ensure that the first shove comes from the WBC. Make sure its on film and then sue sue sue sue sue. They need to be removed the same way they grew......

Ignore them?

I admire your passion but there is nothing we can do to stop people being idiots. The country that we live in grants everyone the freedom to voice their views. Sadly there are always going to be people who take advantage of that to display their hate to the world. The only thing we can do is walk away and accept that hatred and ignorance are never going to be curable from our society. All we can do is set a good example for our future generations and hope that one day with the passage of time all these people just die out.

Ignoring them is all we have. :(

Great first post.

facebook_fans3-150x150.jpg

Thanks but I am a Stealth approved dupe....guess who.

You're here discussing them?

I find it interesting that many who suggest we shouldn't feed/fuel the beast aren't, themselves, simply scrolling on by. They come in here to stand on a soapbox and criticize how others aren't doing it right, yet they aren't practicing what they preach?

Set the example...scroll past the thread and let it drop? That would be MY suggestion.

I am not at all actually. I am discussing people like yourself who just simply take this as a chance to get morally outraged for the millionth time. You're preaching to a bored, apathetic choir and it's not productive to anyone but yourself as a pat on the back. Move on to some cause where people might actually need some awareness or have dissenting opinions that you can discuss.

The comparison to Khmer Rouge and other despots is laughable in regards to WBC. WBC has no support, they have no power, yet the voice they have is disproportionate because of people taking the bait time and time again. This is a cult, not a massive grassroots organization with funding. This is when you use the lessons you learn on the internet and stop feeding the troll

I am not at all actually. I am discussing people like yourself who just simply take this as a chance to get morally outraged for the millionth time. You're preaching to a bored, apathetic choir and it's not productive to anyone but yourself as a pat on the back. Move on to some cause where people might actually need some awareness or have dissenting opinions that you can discuss.

The comparison to Khmer Rouge and other despots is laughable in regards to WBC. WBC has no support, they have no power, yet the voice they have is disproportionate because of people taking the bait time and time again. This is a cult, not a massive grassroots organization with funding. This is when you use the lessons you learn on the internet and stop feeding the troll

+1

The disproportionate amount of attention some random couple of shock fanatics get should be a clue.. but they also serve as a ridiculously easy target for those who wish to use it as an opportunity to bash religion. All around a complete lack of self control that I think serves as an illustration as to why marketing gets the big bucks. People are brutally predictable.

Not everyone's looking for a pat on the back. Some people are simply expressing an opinion without feeling the need for or seeking approval of others, including yours. :)

And that's what this is - a discussion board. We're not going to change the world here on CDC. And some feel this is worthy of discussion...fully respect your decision to not participate if you don't.

Not everyone's looking for a pat on the back. Some people are simply expressing an opinion without feeling the need for or seeking approval of others, including yours. :)

And that's what this is - a discussion board. We're not going to change the world here on CDC.

Requiring posters get approval for discussions..

Changing the world on CDC...

These are some mighty high aspirations. Who might you be attributing such an exaggeration to?

Requiring posters get approval for discussions..

Changing the world on CDC...

These are some mighty high aspirations. Who might you be attributing such an exaggeration to?

We're steering off topic, I'm out - so carry on with the topic please/thanks. If you're not interested in the topic, there are several others.

Archived