The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks difference maker this coming season

Dal Colle

Canucks diff maker this coming season   

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bar none....the difference maker this year will be coach WD! A better system will have an effect on most of our players who underperformed last year. With WD, I predict improvements from the twins, Burr, Kass, Hansen and Edler. I think Kass and Edler will show the most improvements when WD shows them that he really does care and shows a more personal side to coaching...

I can't agree more with WD being the difference maker.

Also, which young guns will be on the team will be important for future development...maybe not "the difference maker"

WD may have some encouragement for the young guns to gain confidence to be that difference maker.

Cannot underestimate good coaching!

To me the absolute critical player on this team is Dan Hamhuis. Remember how we performed without him in 2011 finals? He needs to be an industructible rock all season long or we have to rely on Edler, Sbisa and Stanton in that prime LHD shutdown role.

Beyond that it's of course Henrik Sedin. He'll probably have to play a lot of 20+ minute games coming up and if he's out then Nick Bonino jumps to the 1st line center position, and Brad Richardson to #2.

And then there's Daniel. He needs a serious rebound this season. Hopefully the addition of Vrbata sparks the twins. If not we're relying on significant improvements from our secondary offense.

I'll paraphrase your 1st paragragh. The other difference maker, which will be influenced by WD, will need to be our whole "D" core. These boys need to be difference makers or we won't make the playoffs.

Assuming the Sedins are going to bounce back, especially now that they'll play with Vrbata.

I would say Bonino and Kassian, it seems as though Benning and Linden want to give them an opportunity to become the second line. I would say its a risky move, both players have a lot to prove. Bonino needs to show last season for him wasn't a fluke and if he puts up similar numbers I'd say job well done. Kassian is more of a wildcard, so far his skill is overshadowed by his immaturity and bad temper. I think Higgins should play on this line, to give it some maturity and keep things calm. Without Kesler, Burrows will play a major role on the PK and should be moved to less minutes on a third line checking role.

I voted for Vbrata. I think the guy has come here 3 years too late but nevertheless he will light up our first line and make the Sedins great again.

My second choice is Burr. He will be raging at what happened to him and his game last season and I think he will rebound big time.

I think Vrbata will score 30 goals and around 60 pts. Very welcome addition to that first line.

He hasn't played with line mates as skilled as the Sedins before and he was still scoring lots of goals. Not disrespecting Burrows but it's great to have a really skilled goalscorers playing with the Sedins at last.

His play may even give Daniel some confidence after a poor season by his standards, regularly putting up points can do wonders for his confidence.

Quite obviously it is Kassian. 30 points last year with time missed and irratic use by Torts. He could easily put up +50 points with regular 2nd line play. His puck possession play takes pressure off the 1st line and off the d-core. He can be the basis of a 2nd line, something Van has not had in 3 years.

Daniel's no slouch either. Despite peoples misguided thoughts on Daniel he's got skill, may not have the best shot anymore but still has great playmaking skill.

To be honest I think Danny will win the Art Ross. He can set guys up, he can score too

Archived