1. McDavid

2. Draisaitl

3. Kucherov

4. Forsberg

5. Simmonds

6. Burns

7. Subban

8. Dubnyk

Notable omission is Ryan Johansen, and maybe Pekka Rinne. So many Nashville players, it didn't make sense to make half my keepers from 1 team.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/08/2017 at 3:51 AM, kj29 said:

Hey guys, sorry for going AWOL for the past few months, got a heavy and packed schedule lately.

Congrats to new-comer Beary Sweet for winning a CDCYHL championship in his first year... the prize is an extra keeper!! :)

Congrats to Master Mind on another successful fantasy hockey campaign and Scottish (7) Canucks for another 3rd place finish... haha.

I want to extend an extra congratulations to all GM's for putting in the time to assemble a competitive team.

Well, now it's time to get ready for next season! Woohoo!!

I have just updated the OP with the results (Under Season 3) and the archive link.

For those who don't know the procedure, you are allowed to pick 8 keepers. (Minimum 2 forwards and 1 defenseman. Must only pick one goalie.)

So for Beary, all the same rules apply but he gets to pick 9 keepers for next season as his prize for winning.

You can find last season's rosters by clicking the archive link (Season 3) under 'Results' and then click 'Final Rosters' when you're on the Yahoo! website.

I'll just put the archive link here for convenience: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/nhl/2016/55668

Please send me your keepers for next season via a PM labeled "CDCYHL - [Username]".

If you do not plan on joining again, then feel free to comment in thread or via PM.

Draft will most likely be scheduled on a Sunday (like the past seasons) in either September or early October - start time is usually 4:00 pm.

It's definitely more enjoyable if all GM's are at the draft so if there are any early objections, feel free to state your opinion!

Alright guys, enough with the long post... Time to send me your keepers!! B)B)B)

(Don't worry, you guys have lots of time to decide)

@Beary Sweet @Master Mind @Scottish⑦Canuck @Bombastik der Teutone @Madness @73 Percent @Blue Jay 22 @Drouin @Nail

Are we able to set a draft date?

If it's on a Sunday, the 24th doesn't work for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent my keepers a couple weeks ago as well to kj

B.S's Team

Barkov

Carter

Hoffman

Marchand

Pacioretty

Kesler

Keith

Weber

Rask

Was deliberating between Gibson and Rask after Gibson had a stellar year for the Ducks but it came down to who's the better goalie in the regular season who has the potential to be better and Rask was the chosen one. Good luck to everyone next season!

Edited by Beary Sweet

Yay, I joined another fantasy league! 

C3545747-9EE2-4457-88B8-4CFE5486A196-1457-00000264242D7F0A.gif.15d537cfddc57711cfa29266b223d13a.gif

I'm usually pretty good at fantasy hockey, so I look forward to making you all a...

947613DD-7F9E-4C22-8E66-0A1D8DC403D6-1457-000002667310D45B.gif.919f4dc45703597a4c516fe70d91cc06.gif

Here is an update on our first decisions:

1. We will no longer be named "Nail yo momma", and have switched to a more traditional name that better describes who we are... "Crazy Joe Davola".

2. We no longer will be drinking beer, as summer is over. Hockey season is upon us; so Jameson is the drink of choice. 

3. We have set our keepers

Ja. Benn

A. Panarin

N. Ehlers

J. Gaudreau 

R. Getzlaf

S. Reinhart

D. Byfuglien

M. Murray

Leaving notible players availible such as C. Price, M. Duchene, E. Johnson, T.J. Brodie, A. Ekblad and T. Barrie.

We believe, we have chosen the right mix of fantasy value, playoff potential and player age.

Really looking forward to hockey this year, and Hopefully the Canucks do some damage this year and give the league the proverbial "checking from behind".

172E0BE6-9749-4314-ADD6-0EEDE86319B4-1457-0000026485DA14EC.gif.4edf88ed08a6eb1ccdef507d2bf5194e.gif

AV

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

3. We have set our keepers

Ja. Benn

A. Panarin

N. Ehlers

J. Gaudreau 

R. Getzlaf

S. Reinhart

D. Byfuglien

M. Murray

Leaving notible players availible such as C. Price, M. Duchene, E. Johnson, T.J. Brodie, A. Ekblad and T. Barrie.

Reinhart eh? Interesting choice. Could be genius if he breaks out, could backfire if he stays on the 3rd line.

I like that either way you had to give up a top 5 goalie ;)

34 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Reinhart eh? Interesting choice. Could be genius if he breaks out, could backfire if he stays on the 3rd line.

I like that either way you had to give up a top 5 goalie ;)

Yeah that wasn't great. But Murray should be a stud. Especially for playoffs.

It was between Ekblad, Brodie and Reinhart for me. Ekblad's concussion history made my decision easier, and I wanted to stay young.

I refused to take anyone on Colorado, because that is the tirefire of an organization and management that the Trona media says Vancouver is supposedly.

That left very few options. 

J. Abdelkader - too old and no playoffs.

J. Neal - injured and no playoffs

B. Ryan - major question mark

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

That left very few options. 

J. Abdelkader - too old and no playoffs.

J. Neal - injured and no playoffs

B. Ryan - major question mark

Just so you're aware, playoffs are done in the last few weeks of the reg season in this pool.

Quick but solid draft everyone! Thanks to those who could make it today :)

Remember to check Yahoo daily and start your active players! Also, be sure to check out the 'Players' tab since there are a profusion of star players still available.

Here's to another awesome season of fantasy hockey! B)B)B)

• Upvote 3