The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Yahoo Hockey League - Season 9

kj29

23 hours ago, Jaku said:

I absolutely agree with MM too. I'd prefer hits, however if we did it would change who I keep for a couple players. Not sure if others would too.

Alright guys, keepers have now been inputted on Yahoo! Barring any objections, we will change the stat category of PIMs to hits next season, which is Season 10.

See you all at the draft later today (Sunday, October 2nd @ 2:00pm PST / 5:00pm EST) or set your queue if you can't make it. Here's to another fun season! :towel:

@Master Mind @Art Vandelay @Scottish⑦Canuck @73 Percent @Bombastik der Teutone @Mikeyboy440 @Jaku @22Sedinery33 @Alain Vigneault @Sane33

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, kj29 said:

Alright guys, keepers have now been inputted on Yahoo! Barring any objections, we will change the stat category of PIMs to hits next season, which is Season 10.

See you all at the draft later today (Sunday, October 2nd @ 2:00pm PST / 5:00pm EST) or set your queue if you can't make it. Here's to another fun season! :towel:

@Master Mind @Art Vandelay @Scottish⑦Canuck @73 Percent @Bombastik der Teutone @Mikeyboy440 @Jaku @22Sedinery33 @Alain Vigneault @Sane33

So not this upcoming season? 

12 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Gaudreau - McDavid - Kucherov

Meier - Draisaitl - Fiala

Bunting - Trocheck - Zuccarello

Foligno

Rielly - Letang

Toews - Trouba

Faulk

Sorokin

Georgiev

Francouz

Who tf is trading MM that many top 10 players 

• Haha 1

awww man, I thought it was 5 PM PST. I was out golfing, so couldn't make it anyways.

Panarin - Malkin - Rantanen

Landeskog - Hintz - Kyrou

Schenn - JT Miller - Keller

Vrana - Horvat - Jenner

Theodore - Bouchard

Dahlin - R. Andersson

Vasilevskiy

Swayman (WTF man)

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, 22Sedinery33 said:

Looking to make some trades and get the trade front more active within the league. Let me know if you're interested :) 

What's your team name this year? I can't keep up with everyone :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to rename my team! the tragedy. Who the hell is CoKane? you stole my idea for this year. wonder if anyone will get the Seinfeld reference.

Barry Prophet Snow Blowers

Vrana - Horvat - Jenner

Theodore - Bouchard

Dahlin - R. Andersson

Vasilevskiy

Swayman

• There it is 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 2:34 PM, Art Vandelay said:

I forgot to rename my team! the tragedy. Who the hell is CoKane? you stole my idea for this year. wonder if anyone will get the Seinfeld reference.

Barry Prophet Snow Blowers

Vrana - Horvat - Jenner

Theodore - Bouchard

Dahlin - R. Andersson

Vasilevskiy

Swayman

Oh that's me. I barely login to the forum.:lol: Also, good weekly matchup with Gentleman's Club whoever that is. 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just a thought. Is it time to think about keepers reentering the draft? I've played in leagues before where players could only be kept 2 times after being drafted. Gives the league new life instead of seeing the same teams competing every year. 

Something to roll around your heads anyway.

34 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Just a thought. Is it time to think about keepers reentering the draft? I've played in leagues before where players could only be kept 2 times after being drafted. Gives the league new life instead of seeing the same teams competing every year. 

Something to roll around your heads anyway.

Sounds like someone is green with envy ;)

I'm very much against a cap on how long a player can be kept, but I'm not against making it more difficult for winning teams to win again.

Our current system rewards a championship with an extra keeper, but maybe we should do the opposite. Then the winning team has to makeup those vacant slots at the end of the draft.

FWIW I do a similar system in another league and it has resulted in a good amount of parity.