The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rick Ball done at TEAM/TSN 1040

canuckbeliever

I always liked the Baller. He had the best show on the TEAM by far. After he left for the play-by-play booth, the TEAM has gone down hill hard.

Highlighted by my drive in to work this morning. Bro Jake and Douche Pratt are back to "normal" and literally not listenable. I flipped between crappy radio music and CKNW. What a drag. TEAM has indeed gone down hill.

Highlighted by my drive in to work this morning. Bro Jake and Douche Pratt are back to "normal" and literally not listenable. I flipped between crappy radio music and CKNW. What a drag. TEAM has indeed gone down hill.

Bro Jake today was talking about Sean Connery and how he could still be James Bond but he'd have to wear adult diapers with flame throwers. He kept on going for almost 2 minutes. I shut it off after that.

I'm an avid Team listener and I have to admit listening to the morning show is hard. Bro Jake had no idea wtf he is talking about. He doesn't know sports like he should being a sports talk show host and is a terrible interviewer. Seems like a good guy but I donno wtf the radio network was thinking bringing him on to host their most listened to show like come on. Throw in Dave Pratt who thinks he knows more than he actually does and boom, you have a barely listenable show hosted by two numptys. I honestly prefer Rintoul over these two clowns.

TEAM 1040 radio is about to lose one of its top broadcasters, The Province has learned.

According to sources, Rick Ball — who does play-by-play for the sports radio station’s B.C. Lions and Vancouver Canucks broadcasts — will be leaving Vancouver to take on a similar position with Rogers Sportsnet in Calgary, where he’ll call the Flames TV games in the coming season.

Ball’s departure, which is expected to be officially announced this week, will leave big shoes to fill at TEAM 1040.

TEAM 1040 program director Mike Whittingham didn’t return a call from The Province on Monday afternoon, requesting confirmation of the development.

Ball, who has been at TEAM 1040 for 11 years, has also been a part of CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada broadcast team. Earlier in his broadcast career, Ball called games for the WHL’s Kelowna Rockets.

jjamieson@theprvonce.com

Moving to Calgary to call flames games

Flames get Ball and Hrudey and we are stuck with Shorthouse and Garrett. What a joke.

Let Calgary have him. Still don't get how Shorty has a homer reputation. He calls games about as unbiased as they come, while still maintaining his allegiance to the canucks.

Exactly, Shorty is very neutral. Garrett on the other hand, now that guy's a homer, as much as I like him.

Archived