The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you think Schneider is a top six goalie? Miller 13th best?

IBatch

Playboi has spoken lol...

He's single handedly carrying a horrible team that was do awful last year that they ended up getting first overall pick.

The Panthers are 1 point shy of Boston and had 3 games in hand. Luo has been their best player, and then some. It's a vezina calibre season. I won't bother and you can see during vezina voting this year. Lui has saved a horrible team.

He's doing well indeed, Vezina season... not much chance.

Playboi has spoken lol...

He's single handedly carrying a horrible team that was do awful last year that they ended up getting first overall pick.

The Panthers are 1 point shy of Boston and had 3 games in hand. Luo has been their best player, and then some. It's a vezina calibre season. I won't bother and you can see during vezina voting this year. Lui has saved a horrible team.

Luo has been HUGE for them. Seriously, it's impossible to overstate how big of an improvement both him and Montoya have been for the Panthers. With them in net the Panthers have gone from the second worst GA/GP last season, a depressing 3.20, to an impressive 8th best thus far this season, with a 2.44. That's really helped them to manage their losses. They already have as many OT losses (8) as they had in the entire previous season. Last season only Buffalo had a worse point % than Florida's .402. This season they're 15th in the league with .594. Huge improvement, especially considering their offense.

Speaking of offense, while the team has made obvious improvements and has some impressive young talents, their offense still remains a huge problem. So much so in fact that despite upping their shots per game from 29.9 last season to 31.5 this season their G/GP has actually dropped, from 2.29 last season to only 2.12 this season. There's obviously some more upgrades needed!

But, as for Luo, honestly, I can't think of another goalie doing more with less. Good for him!!

The resurgence of Pekka Rinne this year has been huge also and Halak in NY has that team in the heat of the race. Fleury has also upped his game this year, i was thinking he was on the downhill part the way he played in recent years. Interested to whether king Henrik will get his game back in the second half of this season.

• 4 weeks later...

To all those putting Schneider so high - I don't see him on this list of top Eastern Conference Goalies:

yost-graph-goaltenders-2010-14.jpg

That's pretty accurate of the best goalies in the east. No one actually ever thought Cory was better than lui. They just didn't like lui and took shots at him who they could.

There is abundant statistical evidence from past Canucks seasons to prove that Schneider is a much better goalie than Luongo. So I guess if Lu is 2nd, that makes Cory 1st?

IMO, Cory is the real deal, and will be a definitive top-5 goalie if he can stay healthy. That last part is the real question, as he has already had some tweaks while not even having a starter's workload.

Orly? It's Ok man.

Schneider

2014-2015 SEASON STATISTICS

GP W L OT GA SA Sv Sv% GAA SO PIM Min

REGULAR SEASON 41 16 19 4 94 1,169 1,075 .920 2.41 2 0 2,337

LEAGUE RANK 1st 15th 2nd 15th 5th 1st 1st 13th 18th 16th 26th 1st

Luongo

REGULAR SEASON 36 17 10 8 80 1,044 964 .923 2.32 2 0 2,069

LEAGUE RANK 10th 14th 16th 2nd 16th 9th 8th 7th 13th 16th 26th 13th

Cory is leading the league in a few things right now. Games played, Shots against, Saves and min played. I think he isn't up there because of the team in front of him. He is 4 games away from playing his total last year, So we will have to see how he performs for the rest of the season.

Schneider

REGULAR SEASON 41 16 19 4 94 1,169 1,075 .920 2.41 2 0 2,337

LEAGUE RANK 1st 15th 2nd 15th 5th 1st 1st 13th 18th 16th 26th 1st

Luongo

REGULAR SEASON 36 17 10 8 80 1,044 964 .923 2.32 2 0 2,069

LEAGUE RANK 10th 14th 16th 2nd 16th 9th 8th 7th 13th 16th 26th 13th

Cory is leading the league in a few things right now. Games played, Shots against, Saves and min played. I think he isn't up there because of the team in front of him. He is 4 games away from playing his total last year, So we will have to see how he performs for the rest of the season.

Because they don't have a competent backup.

Lui has lead the team that had the first overall pick last year and is in a decent position to possibly make the playoffs.

Yeah, Cory's a fine 'tender. It appears a wasted resource on such a lousy roster.

If they could get 2 or 3 good pieces, I'd rather see NJ send him to a legitimate contender. Winnipeg would be cool. They're starting to look like a serious dark horse.

Florida has a very lousy roster and so did Vancouver when we first got luongo.

Elite goalies switch a teams fate.

Cory is a good goalie. He's no luongo as I've said for many years.

Archived