The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

REPORT: Demand for Canucks tickets is way down (NEWS1130)

DonaldBrashear

BC Neil,

I suggest you keeping PHONING and EMAIL them about the ticket printing issue. They are getting slammed by ticket owners requesting this, but the more people who call in the better.

I have listed a few tickets on stubhub for the San Jose preseason game, which sold, and I have to upload the tickets by Thursday. So if those tickets aren't in PDF format by then, then I lose out on that money and the buyers also lose out on their tickets potentially (as does everyone else who bought electronic on stubhub). I know at least a dozen other people in the same boat who are e-mailing and phoning Canucks. The answer you got was entirely inappropriate and I would escalate it. I have found that, due to the high call volumes, the Canucks have mass-hired a bunch of students and people who are not properly trained in the Canucks system. This has led to the client relations call takers not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground half the time.

If this is the "CHANGE" they were talking about then wow.

Our season ticket account has had PDFs for all 45 games for a few weeks now .. might be an error on your account

Check again. What you saw before was the calendar with all games uploaded. But if you clicked on a game, there was no option for PDF's. Furthermore, all those calendars have now disappeared.

Like BCNeil said... not a single instant download anywhere on stubhub. The canucks are the ONLY friggen team in the entire NHL to not have this up and running and to not have preseason tickets launched. They had ALL SUMMER do to this. WTF!!!!!

Seems not much is changing with the ticket sales staff. They are going to miss the days these games all sold out.They probably won't sell many preseason tickets at full price. BUT they still haven't even released preseason games for sale. The only team in the league that hasn't done so.

Ppl must be new or dumb if they buy preseason ticketmaster prices.. U can get dirt cheap tickets on stubhub.. I gave my preseason away or sell them for $10ea.. Bought a few preseason games behind opponent bench for $50ea..

Check again. What you saw before was the calendar with all games uploaded. But if you clicked on a game, there was no option for PDF's. Furthermore, all those calendars have now disappeared.

!

All calendar disappear because probably many exchange or traded their games.. I traded my Dallas mar game for Toronto..

Are you sure? The lady eventually asked someone else, who told her they should be up this week.

On stub hub there is not a single ticket being sold with the instant download. Out of over 40,000 tickets listed.

I asked my friend (whose credit card we used so he logs in to the account) if there were PDFs available and he said yeah. He could be mistaken as well though.

I'm a full time student and work like 12 hours a week due to my heavy course load. I can afford my tickets on the payment plan.

It's about priorities. Most people probably can afford them, especially on the payment plan, but just think they can't or use it as an excuse to not get them because they don't really want them. It's been tossed around on this page already, value. I have car payments, insurance, gas, phone..all that hooblah. But I value my tickets at the price I got them. It's been a childhood dream of mine to be a Canucks season ticket holder, the opportunity presented itself, and I took it.

I have 41 games which I got at a $62 per ticket price point. I've already sold 9 games, 3 of which are eastern conference teams and got $120 per ticket for, the other 6 I got $90 per ticket. I didn't buy the tickets as a business to resell them, but the fact that I've already made back 1/3 of the money is a bonus.

Though, I totally understand the people who work a low paying job and have a family to provide for. Wouldn't expect them to be getting season tix .

Yeah, but you also live at home with mommy and daddy.

Yeah, but you also live at home with mommy and daddy.

Yeah and my friends who chose to move out on their own despite their parents wanting them to stay at home are the unhappiest people I know working 2 full time jobs and having zero social life. No thanks, don't want to throw my money away renting, would rather save up for a down payment on a condo and own.

Yeah and my friends who chose to move out on their own despite their parents wanting them to stay at home are the unhappiest people I know working 2 full time jobs and having zero social life. No thanks, don't want to throw my money away renting, would rather save up for a down payment on a condo and own.

Half a million bucks will get you a 400sqft cube. Just remember to pay extra for one on the high floor so that when you jump out the window one day it will be quick :) Vancouver has become a bunch of mortgage slaves. "Just 24 more years until I own my house!" YIPEEEEE. I'd rather rent and enjoy my life.

I'm a full time student and work like 12 hours a week due to my heavy course load. I can afford my tickets on the payment plan.

It's about priorities. Most people probably can afford them, especially on the payment plan, but just think they can't or use it as an excuse to not get them because they don't really want them. It's been tossed around on this page already, value. I have car payments, insurance, gas, phone..all that hooblah. But I value my tickets at the price I got them. It's been a childhood dream of mine to be a Canucks season ticket holder, the opportunity presented itself, and I took it.

I have 41 games which I got at a $62 per ticket price point. I've already sold 9 games, 3 of which are eastern conference teams and got $120 per ticket for, the other 6 I got $90 per ticket. I didn't buy the tickets as a business to resell them, but the fact that I've already made back 1/3 of the money is a bonus.

Though, I totally understand the people who work a low paying job and have a family to provide for. Wouldn't expect them to be getting season tix .

*rolls eyes*

What an example you are of a spoiled little cucumber.

EDIT: Not just this post, time and time again you have that arrogant reek of vanity an monetary gain. Enjoy the rat race bud!

Half a million bucks will get you a 400sqft cube. Just remember to pay extra for one on the high floor so that when you jump out the window one day it will be quick :) Vancouver has become a bunch of mortgage slaves. "Just 24 more years until I own my house!" YIPEEEEE. I'd rather rent and enjoy my life.

I don't plan on buying in Vancouver. There are many great developments in the suburbs that are very spacious, rich in amenities and very affordable. Just an example off the top of my head are a couple developments in the Langley/Walnut Grove area.

Only way I'll buy downtown or in North/West Van is if life really goes my way, preferably a lotto win :)

Archived