The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

REPORT: Demand for Canucks tickets is way down (NEWS1130)

DonaldBrashear

I agree with most posters; games are too expensive and the atmosphere is crap.

I recently purchased a new 80" Sharp Aquos HD TV. I love this TV!

Much rather watch it free at home, not get gouged for tickets/parking/beer/food and use the bathroom when I want.

I also PVR games so I fast forward all the crap commercials & stupid intermissions where Healy and other morons talk. This results in me watching more of a 60 minute game rather than a game that is 2 hour plus.

I've had similar experiences at both Canucks games and concerts. Security at Rogers are power tripping assholes for the most part.

I have never had that experience there. Nothing but good people who work in and around the Rink. Sure, there might be one or two bad apples, always are in every barrel, but not the ones I have interacted with.

I agree with most posters; games are too expensive and the atmosphere is crap.

I recently purchased a new 80" Sharp Aquos HD TV. I love this TV!

Much rather watch it free at home, not get gouged for tickets/parking/beer/food and use the bathroom when I want.

I also PVR games so I fast forward all the crap commercials & stupid intermissions where Healy and other morons talk. This results in me watching more of a 60 minute game rather than a game that is 2 hour plus.

I too have an 80 inch Sharp Aquos in my theater room, but I also have season tickets.

At home just can't compare to in person. I also hate Sportsnet and their production, so I'm biased.

$5 for a prime rib burger and a pint at the Edgewater as part of their game day special, walk on over to the Arena, watch the game, go home, or go out after if it's a weekend.

I too have an 80 inch Sharp Aquos in my theater room, but I also have season tickets.

At home just can't compare to in person. I also hate Sportsnet and their production, so I'm biased.

$5 for a prime rib burger and a pint at the Edgewater as part of their game day special, walk on over to the Arena, watch the game, go home, or go out after if it's a weekend.

I'm sure if everybody could afford season tickets we would enjoy going to games. The thing is most of us cannot due to their price. The value we get at full price is not worth what that money otherwise could be spent on.

I don't need a ticket broker to tell me that demand for tickets is down. The team has had 2 early playoff exists, and missed the playoffs in the last 3 years. Not to mention that ticket prices are still through the roof. Not everyone can pay a trillion dollars to go see their team play live in the first place.

Lower the prices, we're not all corporate suits that prowl the lower bowl seats on a regular basis.

If I spend the amount of money the Aquilinis are charging for tickets and I want to yell/cheer/whistler/etc at the team then I am going to do so.

I refuse to let some half hearted 'fan' ruin my good time because I make a little more noise at the game than they do. Go watch golf and stay out of Rogers. It doesn't help that the event staff are trained to passify everyone and micro manage the fans. I once was threatened to be removed from the arena because me and my friend held up a Canucks flag after a goal. Pathetic.

I'm sure if everybody could afford season tickets we would enjoy going to games. The thing is most of us cannot due to their price. The value we get at full price is not worth what that money otherwise could be spent on.

Total excuses to be honest. Most anyone can afford to go to a home game. Surely someone who can afford an 80 inch aquos TV (several thousands of dollars) can afford to go to games.

An 11 game ice pak starts at about $500 a seat, and you can sign up for their 9 month payment plan.

Are you honestly telling me that some people can't afford to pay like $60 a month for 9 months, to go and watch 11 canucks games??? Even a full season ticket package would be like $250 a month for 9 months.

I bet some of those same people who say they can't afford $250 a month for 9 months are going out and buying $1200 iphones, or have $1000/month car payments/insurance payments.

True *hardcore* fans would take the bus to work if it meant being able to watch the Canucks. Other fans will simply make excuses and buy an 80" TV, a nice car and phone, and then whine about ticket prices. Just my two cents.

Total excuses to be honest. Most anyone can afford to go to a home game. Surely someone who can afford an 80 inch aquos TV (several thousands of dollars) can afford to go to games.

An 11 game ice pak starts at about $500 a seat, and you can sign up for their 9 month payment plan.

Are you honestly telling me that some people can't afford to pay like $60 a month for 9 months, to go and watch 11 canucks games??? Even a full season ticket package would be like $250 a month for 9 months.

I bet some of those same people who say they can't afford $250 a month for 9 months are going out and buying $1200 iphones, or have $1000/month car payments/insurance payments.

True *hardcore* fans would take the bus to work if it meant being able to watch the Canucks. Other fans will simply make excuses and buy an 80" TV, a nice car and phone, and then whine about ticket prices. Just my two cents.

Do you work for the team?

Lol.

Clueless bro!

You are ridiculous. Your logic does not make any sense. People are talking about prices of Canuck tickets being too high and the value is crap for what you get. It has nothing to due with people putting money into car loans, cell phones and TVs. Any nit wit would realize the value is worth more when it comes to these other things than tickets to a Canucks game (even if they stop being a crap team).

Most of us have too many payments like mortgages/rent, cell bills, utilities, groceries, insurance and other loans. For you to sit back and say the option of setting up 9 month payment plans as an option for all is pure stupid.

I wonder if you still live at home with your parents

Sounds like a buncha excuses from a broke guy to me grandmaster.

Your signature indicates you claim to have been a fan since the 90's. Since you say the most exciting all time Canuck is pavel bure, you must be at least in your 30's (or you're just a poser).

So you're in your 30's and can't afford $60 a month? Why you mad at me for that?

its the equivalent of yelling "SCORE A GOAL" or "WIN THE GAME" as if the players somehow forgot the objective of the game.

its on the same level as yelling at your tv screen.

My tv politely tells you to bugger off. It knows its place during Canucks games. And that is being yelled at, cursed at, and even the occasional high five when something goes right.

I may be crazy but if I could bottle up my emotion and text my opinions during the game then I would actually be one of the suits at the game wouldn't I?

lol

Canucks ticket prices too high? Yep.

Not too sure what you guys are going on about the "no cheering" thing though. When I am in the mood I try to start Go Canucks Go chants and tend to yell things like "get up!" and what not all the time.

I have a feeling by end of the year I will starting a "float canucks float" chant though.

Sounds like a buncha excuses from a broke guy to me grandmaster.

Your signature indicates you claim to have been a fan since the 90's. Since you say the most exciting all time Canuck is pavel bure, you must be at least in your 30's (or you're just a poser).

So you're in your 30's and can't afford $60 a month? Why you mad at me for that?

Not broke and in fact I'm 40. I have a family, own a big house, 2 cars and get paid well. I am, however, careful with what I spend my cash on. I do not believe spending that kind of money on Canuck games is worth it's value. It has nothing about be being able to afford, it's about me feeling it's worth it.

in what way does anything i've said resemble martha stewart?

I didn't expect you to see it, with your dos and dont checklist and all. Btw, did you read any responses after your proper sporting event etiquette ramblings? They agree with me, not someone with rules on how to behave (that would be you)

So my wife tells this really funny story about how she went to an oiler game against Montreal and this really big black guy sitting about 15 rows behind Roy started yelling at him, saying he couldn't make a save, his best days were over, he was a terrible goalie with a crapty attitude, etc... Eventually Roy turned back and looked this at this dude straight up and went to say something back only to see this guy who could have been an Eskimos linebacker, and turn away.... Then a few plays later when the fan started yelling again, Roy turned back and gave him the finger. The whole section laughed, she says it was one of the funniest moments she ever experienced at a game. Wouldn't happen these days with all of the cameras around but something like that also couldn't happen here because the ushers just shush every one and threaten to remove them. They even shut the southsiders up when they showed up..... I tried to start a go canucks go chant once when down 3-2 to Nashville a few years back. Nobody joined in. But I can start the wave at a baseball game no problem in the states. 55,000 people making the wave a half inning long, quite a site to see. Wouldn't happen here unless the jumbotron said to....

It happens all the time, and you know what, let them do it.

Hell, I yell at the players and the officials sometimes, live entertainment is more fun when it's interactive.

Careful friend. I said something along these lines in another thread and had people jump down my throat. That I've been to about 2 dozen games in my life and well over half the crowd has seemed indifferent at best. If I'm going to spend some pretty good money to watch my team with 18000 other fans I sure as hell am going to be loud. Yelling at the refs, and the players and generally having a good time. Not the entire game or obnoxiously. Good natured and fun. If someone next to me has a problem with that, they're welcome to sit on their couch and take in the game. Why people spend money to sit on their butts and clap occasionally and diddle with their cell phones rather than actually watch the game I'll never know.

I'm pretty sure everyone does that.

If I spend the amount of money the Aquilinis are charging for tickets and I want to yell/cheer/whistler/etc at the team then I am going to do so.

I refuse to let some half hearted 'fan' ruin my good time because I make a little more noise at the game than they do. Go watch golf and stay out of Rogers. It doesn't help that the event staff are trained to passify everyone and micro manage the fans. I once was threatened to be removed from the arena because me and my friend held up a Canucks flag after a goal. Pathetic.

My tv politely tells you to bugger off. It knows its place during Canucks games. And that is being yelled at, cursed at, and even the occasional high five when something goes right.

I may be crazy but if I could bottle up my emotion and text my opinions during the game then I would actually be one of the suits at the game wouldn't I?

lol

Archived