The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

REPORT: Demand for Canucks tickets is way down (NEWS1130)

DonaldBrashear

They need to reserve part of the lower bowl and call it "The Surrrey section" or something.

Tickets = $20 (Payment plans availlable)

Must have prove of Surrey residencey, in order to buy

1$ beers until the end of the first.

At least give the new fans a look at how a hockey crowd used to act.

people are starting to resent the way this ownership has treated its fans .. sadly the people who can afford to go will sell the place out the second the team starts to trend upwards

The NHL was serriously mismanaged in the 90's,

Looking back, if there had been somone at the helm who understood hockey's entertainment value, and where it came from, I think provisions would have been made to prevent what you mentioned.

Game atmosphere would have been recognized as a key element to the product, and steps would have bee taken to preserve cetain things.

It would have ment more money in the long run too, had that old atmosphere been preserved people would have gone to games just to experience it, whether they knew anything about the game or not. And it would have done a hell of a lot more for converting casual sports fans to hockey fans, then having those same people walk into a morgue-like barn to watch a trap-off.

If you think $40 a ticket to go see the Canucks is "poor value" then so be it. It's funny though, that some people say that, and then go and buy a $4,000 TV. Those people value TV more than the Canucks.

Some people value Canucks more than anything. Those are hardcore fans.

Some fans say... I love the Canucks... but then they list a 10 page long list of things they would rather have, like fancy phones, nice cars, designer clothing, big flatscreen TV's.

If you offered me tickets for $10, and I said "Nah, I'd rather use the $10 to go and see a movie at Cineplex. Better value", wouldn't you think I was a loser bandwagon fan? Where's the line drawn?

You seem to care far too much what people think of you...

You seem to care far too much what people think of you...

Actually, this entire discussion happened because other people care too much what I think about them. Some people apparently take offense when they are told they aren't true fans because they say they prefer to watch the games on TV than in person.

Try and keep up with the convo please "grapefruits".

The Canucks are taking way too long to set a date for single game tickets. My buddy sent me a message today saying he has season tix and that he would give me a deal on them.

The Canucks just lost out on the extra revenue they would've gotten from me.

Note: I am not buying his season tickets, but will be buying tickets to games from him.

They need to reserve part of the lower bowl and call it "The Surrrey section" or something.

Tickets = $20 (Payment plans availlable)

Must have prove of Surrey residencey, in order to buy

1$ beers until the end of the first.

At least give the new fans a look at how a hockey crowd used to act.

That's not a bad idea. At least when the Canucks aren't worth the price of admission, fan watching will be.

Actually, this entire discussion happened because other people care too much what I think about them. Some people apparently take offense when they are told they aren't true fans because they say they prefer to watch the games on TV than in person.

Try and keep up with the convo please "grapefruits".

So you call fans out as not true fans when they say they'd rather watch the game on TV?

And if I had a million dollars

If I had a million dollars

I'd buy you Canucks tickets

But not the upper bowl tickets

That's cruel

I'm going to buy Lions seasons tix - second row $400. Then, when I grow up, I'm going to get me some Canuck tickets.

If you know a season ticket holder make sure you buy them through their account, they'll get a couple bonuses, you might get a discount as well, cant remember.

That's not a bad idea. At least when the Canucks aren't worth the price of admission, fan watching will be.

I wasn't really joking either,

I supose they couldn't call it "The surrey section" but I wouldn't care what they called them.

They would be like Cage dancers at clubs,

They woud demontrate the atmosphere the promoter is looking to create, and as we all know, Monkey see, Monkey do.....

Seems not much is changing with the ticket sales staff. They are going to miss the days these games all sold out.

They probably won't sell many preseason tickets at full price. BUT they still haven't even released preseason games for sale. The only team in the league that hasn't done so.

They are also the only team that hasn't released the PDF files for tickets.

So I cannot transfer my tickets to others. I called to enquire as I want to give my nephew the San José tickets, and he lives in Abbotsford and I don't want to tear up my booklets anyways. The lady wasn't aware what PDF files were, or that you could email them. I assume she must be gorgeous.

I would even throw the Whitecaps into this discussion. It gives the Canucks another competitor (granted not a serious threat at this point) however the Whitecaps are cheaper and the atmosphere is great! Does it mean I am not a Canucks fan? No, of course not. However I too feel that hockey is better enjoyed at home in front of the tv. As others have said, food and drinks are WAY more affordable, and you can have friends and family with you for big games. If Linden truly believes the market drives ticket prices, then we shall see what he does about it. I suspect ticket prices aren't going down anytime soon.

And not to pain everyone with the same brush, however when the Canucks became "cool" again, the wealthy and coorporations started buying more tickets. The result in my opinion is that people just bought tickets for the sake of buying tickets, not because they are Canucks fans. I would rather sit near families or friends who scrimp and save their money to get to a few games than those who use the Canucks as a toy they pass around to their rich friends. The folks who scrimp and save usually are very enthusiastic and really passionate, which totally improves the environment for all.

Seems not much is changing with the ticket sales staff. They are going to miss the days these games all sold out.

They probably won't sell many preseason tickets at full price. BUT they still haven't even released preseason games for sale. The only team in the league that hasn't done so.

They are also the only team that hasn't released the PDF files for tickets.

So I cannot transfer my tickets to others. I called to enquire as I want to give my nephew the San José tickets, and he lives in Abbotsford and I don't want to tear up my booklets anyways. The lady wasn't aware what PDF files were, or that you could email them. I assume she must be gorgeous.

Our season ticket account has had PDFs for all 45 games for a few weeks now .. might be an error on your account

Our season ticket account has had PDFs for all 45 games for a few weeks now .. might be an error on your account

Are you sure? The lady eventually asked someone else, who told her they should be up this week.

On stub hub there is not a single ticket being sold with the instant download. Out of over 40,000 tickets listed.

Archived