The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks fans Passion

Nucks89

went to a game in christian erhoffs german hometown yesterday. the place was just rocking. even louder than when I posted about a game two weeks ago. If you witnessed this game yesterday and went to Rogers after than you would feel the contrast. to sum up rogers is a lifeless arena and needs changes to the crowd format.

went to a game in christian erhoffs german hometown yesterday. the place was just rocking. even louder than when I posted about a game two weeks ago. If you witnessed this game yesterday and went to Rogers after than you would feel the contrast. to sum up rogers is a lifeless arena and needs changes to the crowd format.

I Assume the German arena doesn't have a capacity of 19,000. Smaller places tend to be louder. Its physics.

yes true, but 19000 german fans would even be louder than the game yesterday. the fans come prepared to make noise.

Safe bet that the good seats there aren't $240 and cheap seats in the upper bowl nose bleeds $80?

Btw, shouldn't your name be ingermany? :lol:

Actually that wouldn't have any effect on a non-sellout game. It doesn't matter if a sold ticket isn't used, it's still a sold ticket. A ticket has to be "unsold" for it not to be a sellout.

What I was suggesting was that they're not buying them by the bundle anymore as a result of possibly being stuck with some and losing $$ in the past year or so.

I hate it when people say "us real fans can attend a game." What do you even mean by "real fan"? Someone who makes noise? That's just someone trying to get the crowd going to pump up our boys. A real fan can be someone wearing a suit and you wouldn't even know it.

I mean fans who actually sit there and watch the game not sit there and talk on their phones and 'shush' you when you cheer because your being to loud and interrupting their very important call.

Anyone whose been to Rogers arena in the last few years knows exactly what I am talking about!

As for the 'suits' I am referring to the people who bring clients to the game as part of a business deal.

When you get security called on you for being to 'rowdy' when all you are doing is cheering when the canucks score because someone is talking on the phone... it makes one question if they are in fact 'real fans' and not just bandwagoners.

I have no doubt there are plenty of die hard Canucks fans. With that said, I think it is quite a statement about the fan base when the sellout streak ends one year after one bad year. I mean this is a team that won the Presidents trophy two years consecutively. The Oilers sellout despite being awful. Flames are selling out. Montreal finished last in 2012. They sold out the next season. Please don't use population ( Calgary,Edmonton, Winnipeg sellout). It seems fans in Vancouver are more bandwagon type. Thoughts?

These so-called 'sell outs' (including Van) have been padded for years. Stop being such a troll.

On the bright side maybe it brings a sense of urgency for the organization to get back to the playoffs asap? I mean look at the Leafs, the fans pay ridiculous prices to watch them almost make the playoffs every year. Plus add in the cost of buying a new jersey after they throw it on the ice and waffles.

I mean fans who actually sit there and watch the game not sit there and talk on their phones and 'shush' you when you cheer because your being to loud and interrupting their very important call.

Anyone whose been to Rogers arena in the last few years knows exactly what I am talking about!

As for the 'suits' I am referring to the people who bring clients to the game as part of a business deal.

When you get security called on you for being to 'rowdy' when all you are doing is cheering when the canucks score because someone is talking on the phone... it makes one question if they are in fact 'real fans' and not just bandwagoners.

Ok, but you also said that "real fans" make noise. That isn't the case with everyone as not everyone has a loud personality. Some are soft spoken, introverts, etc. In my experience of going to Rogers Arena to watch a game for the past 7 years, I have never once had someone sit beside me stuck on their phones for the majority of the game, have someone answering phone calls, or just sitting there talking business with their clients. Not once have I had anyone next to me, or in my immediate surroundings for that matter, have that kind of fan experience. Sucks for the people that have but I guess I've been lucky.

Right after our cup run, the fans at the games were nowhere near as loud as they were in 2010-11. The whole organization went into decline as management (debately), players, and even fans had nowhere near the impact they had since pre 2012. It's depressing watching the games on TV as the fans don't seem to give a shit about anything going on until a goal is scored or a fight occurs. I remember back when you would hear the whoa when the puck barely goes in (the net) or the cheering when someone gets hit (hence 2010-2011). Since we all know that ticket prices won't drop unless they miss the playoffs again this year, what we need is a catalyst. A zone of about 1000-2000 seats where: it's cheaper, alcohol is cheaper, and university/college kids get a 10% discount. The seats would be in a bad spot but its purpose is to get the whole arena going.

People are finding it difficult here....people who may have grown up watching/cheering for the local sports teams now face a very different reality than in the past. At the coliseum, you could afford to go take in a hockey game. Hockey fans were, for the most part, just that. Now the arena is filled with people looking to get primed on a weekend night before heading out to the clubs, etc. It's a night out and not necessarily about the hockey. There are fickle fans who want to be part of the party/winning atmosphere, with no desire to support the team beyond that. There are tons of corporate seats that are handed out...I know MANY who get to attend games who, really, by my assessment - don't "deserve" to occupy those seats. Some have totally slammed the team at the first sign of struggle....but they're given free seats through work, so off they go.

"Real" fans are those who show up to watch the game/support the team. They are loud, quiet - whatever...but their primary interest is the game and in seeing the team play and have success. The glommer ons are there, whopping it up, getting plastered, sometimes being extremely boistrous...but it's not as focused on the actual stuff on the ice, it's just a place to be. Had some of those behind us last game...were annoying as hell. Sarcastically criticizing the team at every opportunity, in attempts to be funny. One guy yelled out, more than once: "Mark Messier was the best Canuck in the teams' history". ??

I don't think that a few unsold tickets is a bad thing...it provides opportunity for some of us to scoop up cheaper seats and attend. This problem won't go away soon - Vancouver is a playground for the rich now...the grassroots hockey crowd is getting swallowed up in that. But, luckily for us, every game is now televised....not like in the past. So we're here, throwing stuff at our TV from home.

Archived