The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015 Draft prospects

Gstank29

I've been a Canucks fan since GM place opened in 95' (It opened a couple days after I was born) and I can honestly say, this is one of the worst Canucks teams I've ever watched. Sedins are still somewhat dominant, but only on the powerplay; just a shade of what they once were, in my opinion. The remaining 3 lines all have holes in them: lack of footspeed, lack of skill, lack of effort. I really hope we are a .500 team by the deadline and JB and Trev make the right call and sell off our old vet parts for younger prospects. I'm talking about the Burrows, the Hansens, the Mathias', so we can inject some of our youth in the lineup and get a top 5 pick.

There is a common pattern/formula in the NHL for building a winner. It is being bad for a couple years and gathering elite players through the draft and building from there. The oilers are an anomaly because of their poor management, everyone knows that. But the Chicago's, the LA's, the ANA, the PITT, BOS all had very bad years consecutively before climbing back up to the top.

I saw a comment the other day on the 7-3 COL-VAN thread and I can't agree with it more, it said: "I'd rather see the Canucks struggle for the next 5 years then watch the Canucks wallow in mediocrity for the next 15". That's what's going to happen if we hang on to these old vets and have them fade away while our prospects don't get any valuable playing time. I'm not saying trade all the older players, but we need to surround this team with youth and go through the growing pains that a dynasty goes through to become an elite team again.

Unless that D is hanifan, then we need to draft a forward because you can always find stud d in later rounds, so it's very risky taking a d too high. This team lacks an offensive star that will replace the sedins when they retire.

Totally agree,

We are probably in the last few years of the Sedin era, and finding that next offensive weapon should be priority #1

No stud D but:

Edler

Tanev

Stanton

Corrado

All around for at least 5 more years or more

Subban

Andersson

Tryamkin

Hutton

Cedar holm

All have a shot

BPA

I love zacha doubt he will go top 3

He's more 4-7 range

Love Barzal, kylington, strome and obviously the top 3.

Those are likely the top 7 guys

Are you proud of that?

I've been a Canucks fan since GM place opened in 95' (It opened a couple days after I was born) and I can honestly say, this is one of the worst Canucks teams I've ever watched. Sedins are still somewhat dominant, but only on the powerplay; just a shade of what they once were, in my opinion. The remaining 3 lines all have holes in them: lack of footspeed, lack of skill, lack of effort. I really hope we are a .500 team by the deadline and JB and Trev make the right call and sell off our old vet parts for younger prospects. I'm talking about the Burrows, the Hansens, the Mathias', so we can inject some of our youth in the lineup and get a top 5 pick.

There is a common pattern/formula in the NHL for building a winner. It is being bad for a couple years and gathering elite players through the draft and building from there. The oilers are an anomaly because of their poor management, everyone knows that. But the Chicago's, the LA's, the ANA, the PITT, BOS all had very bad years consecutively before climbing back up to the top.

I saw a comment the other day on the 7-3 COL-VAN thread and I can't agree with it more, it said: "I'd rather see the Canucks struggle for the next 5 years then watch the Canucks wallow in mediocrity for the next 15". That's what's going to happen if we hang on to these old vets and have them fade away while our prospects don't get any valuable playing time. I'm not saying trade all the older players, but we need to surround this team with youth and go through the growing pains that a dynasty goes through to become an elite team again.

I'd rather trust in GMJB, than tank and be a crappy team for 5 years. Detroit has managed to be competitive for the last 20 years, and won a couple cups, that's the franchise we should be trying to emulate. I've been a fan for the last 35 years, and this is not even close to the worst team I have cheered for, not by a mile.

Tom's not a troll.

Like me, we just see things how they are.

I have my opinions.

I get attacked for them, and I have four warning points for respectfully putting my opinion out there.

Anyone who thinks I'm a troll is flat out stupid.

But seriously, I love the idea of going with the stability down the middle. I think Barzal is an excellent playmaker, and with the kind of young wingers in the system (kassian, jensen, virtanen, shinkaruk), he'd mesh in well.

I don't see the hype around bittner though. He's continuously in the top 7's or so of rankings, but I think he's more of a 10-15 range guy.

If we do draft Barzal, and McCann proves he can be a first line center, we can try slotting Barzal on the wing?

Virtanen/Shinkaruk-McCann-Barzal!

Try picking up another first and select Jeremy Roy/Ryan Pilon? And maybe get another dman with that 2nd round pick?

It's gonna take a whole lot to convince a team to get rid of a pick high enough to select those two players.

Kyle Connor is ranked prettily low for someone who has destroyed the ushl

Not small either

What gives?

USHL is a tier below Major Junior in Canada and is closer to Junior A in Canada. Connor is a good player but he should have gone to Major Junior or NCAA this year like Eichel, Hanifin, Werenski.

Archived