The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal- Staal (CAR)

what could staal be had for from Carolina? We have had a history dealing with them and he's got low value. If they grab mcdavid maybe they'll offload him? Staal would be a great leader and 2nd liner...

Staal for bonino, tommernes and Mattias?

Do you by chance mean Florida?

Eric Stall = 8.25M AAV this year and next, then UFA, expensive 2nd liner. Currently has NTC and plays with his brother. I'm not sure anyone could get him unless they were miles from their cap and he wanted to go there.

Um this is a proposal page, right?

It is, I just thought the proposal was that bad, in truth.

No offense really meant; if you're serious, I think it would take a fair bit more than that to pry him away, not to mention I think you've completely neglected to consider the salary cap.

It is, I just thought the proposal was that bad, in truth.

No offense really meant; if you're serious, I think it would take a fair bit more than that to pry him away, not to mention I think you've completely neglected to consider the salary cap.

Well the sportsnet panel just discussed the option of moving him so there's a possibility (remote as it is)...

Troll? or just ... ?

In the short time period I've been apart of this board I've seen so many trades that are so bad, so illogical, and so completely wrong that I begin to question humanity.

The probably believe this is fair value but they're not a troll. Just has a different opinion on player value than you do.

If I called everyone whose trade proposals I didn't agree with a troll, I'd never post anything else. The word troll is thrown around way too much on here.

For the purpose of this discussion(not a sales pitch):

Bonino, Sbisa & McCann.

Staal(Carolina retains 2 mill AAV) for this yr & next, a 6 mill cap hit.

Essentially Kesler for Staal. Ana, Van or Car..Who gets burned?

I really don't want to give up Bonino. Staal would make us a playoff team again so if they're wanting to blow it up anyone think they

d listen to Lack+Jensen+1st++ if they move Ward too? Would have to make a seperate trade to fit Staal's cap hit but I'm sure Benning would find a way.

With Bonino showing he can play like a 2nd line centre, I dont think there is really any point in making an offer unless they are selling him for dirt cheap.

:)

Bonino can play wing, but I think if we make a move for a player like Staal these should be the lines:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Horvat - Staal - Kassian

Higgins - Bonino - Burrows

Matthias - Richardson - Hansen

That is a contending forward group IMO.

Bonino can play wing, but I think if we make a move for a player like Staal these should be the lines:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Horvat - Staal - Kassian

Higgins - Bonino - Burrows

Matthias - Richardson - Hansen

That is a contending forward group IMO.

i think if we did make a move for staal, I would put higgins and bonino with him.

Archived