The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to trade Kassian is now, and not later.

Piggy Bank

I agree it is all about any potential return.

Weise has 4g 5a 9 pts. making $1.025m .on ten minutes of ice per night.

Kass is getting 50% more ice with PP time.

I guess salaries are so surreal that $1.75m doesn't figure for some fans.

You must be talking about those 2 shifts he got on the PP the other night..his total ice time on the PP this year is 17 seconds...his TOI this season averages at 12.21 a game certainly not 50% more than Weise.

Yah lets trade our only 6'3 220lbs 1st rd draft pick who's on;y 23 & starting to show signs of putting the whole package together. LOL.

Why didn't Anaheim trade Etem away or Chicago trade Bickell away before he finally broke out at 27.

Way too early to trade Kassian & the complete wrong time to even bring it up as he is a late bloomer type that is showing signs of improvement. If he wasn't then why is he getting more & more ice time with almost 15:00 min last night & close to a min. on PP. Willie doesn't hand out candy that easy so Kassian must be showing him IMPROVEMENT. Why can't you all see it??? I do...

You must be talking about those 2 shifts he got on the PP the other night..

his total ice time on the PP this year is 17 seconds...

his TOI this season averages at 12.21 a game certainly not 50% more than Weise.

I looked over the last five games played.

Averaging 14 minutes in his last five games played-40% more ice than Weise.

PP ice time in 3 of the last five games Kassian played in-none for Weise.

Conversely,Kassian is never allowed on the ice while his team is short handed while Weise plays a major role killing penalties for Les Habitants.

Yah lets trade our only 6'3 220lbs 1st rd draft pick who's on;y 23 & starting to show signs of putting the whole package together. LOL.

Why didn't Anaheim trade Etem away or Chicago trade Bickell away before he finally broke out at 27.

Way too early to trade Kassian & the complete wrong time to even bring it up as he is a late bloomer type that is showing signs of improvement. If he wasn't then why is he getting more & more ice time with almost 15:00 min last night & close to a min. on PP. Willie doesn't hand out candy that easy so Kassian must be showing him IMPROVEMENT. Why can't you all see it??? I do...

Why is it bugging you that people have a different opinion? I'm hoping that Kass keeps improving, but I don't begrudge anybody else who doesn't think that he will.

Too many people here get too butthurt when bad things are said about either Zack or Cody and they feel the need to "ride to the rescue".

I'm ok to trade Kassian.

If we get 2015 first overall, a 2016 1st rounder.....

Or MacKinnon and Colorado's 1st rounder.

Either way. But since I doubt that will happen. Let's keep him. Besides in the last two games he's been very effective. He needs to control his emotions, and stop taking dumb penalties. But the same can be said for a few Canuck players....

MG I know it's you........

There would be a pile of teams interested in Kassian, 2 of them in Alberta would take him in a heartbeat if they could. Benning is not stupid he knows his value and he wont be traded for crap like a lot of you figure he is worth. Kassian has shown he can play with anybody on any line as you witnessed last night on Horvats goal.

I never said anything of the sort.

If JB is offered some high value asset or he approaches a team offering Kass for a high value asset of course he will take it.

However if you think Kass is playing to a standard where the oilers would offer Eberle or Hall, Schultz or Yakupov then I think you are watching him through rose coloured specs.

Arent you overdue for your "im actually a kassian fan" line?...

I mean really. ...post after post aftet post after post of saying the exact same thing.....

Holy boring redundancy batman.

You seem to have issues with a poster's freedom to give his opinion. If you can't handle it, don't read it bud.

I'd be so angry if we traded Kassian.

Why compare Kassian to Weise? I always thought Weise had good potential but Kass was the better player here, and still has more upside.

Weise played 152 reg season games in a Canucks uniform, scoring 10 goals. Kassian has played 144 reg season games in a Canucks uniform, scoring 24 goals. Kassian is 23, Weise is 26.

I am happy Weise found a home in Montreal, but we picked up up off waivers for nothing, and traded him for essentially a 5th round pick at the age of 25. It isn't like we let go of a young prospect, or gave away a player with a lot of value.

I would look at it more like Weise vs Dorsett. Weise has 3 more points but I would take Dorsett any day of the week, far tougher and better suited for that role.

I never said anything of the sort.

If JB is offered some high value asset or he approaches a team offering Kass for a high value asset of course he will take it.

However if you think Kass is playing to a standard where the oilers would offer Eberle or Hall, Schultz or Yakupov then I think you are watching him through rose coloured specs.

I think something like kassian, lack and a pick could be fair enough to get eberle in return.

Archived