The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(DISCUSSION) Should we retired 33&22

Virtanen93

Yes and they deserve it. However, it is kind of pathetic we could have 6 retired numbers with no Cup.

i never saw steamer play... so i wont say anything about him.

Out of the the other 3, only linden deserves to be retired. Naslund shouldn't be retired, nor should pavel bure (as much as i loved watching him play). That being said, the Sedins deserve to have their numbers retired for sure. #12 #16 #22 #33

Out of the the other 3, only linden deserves to be retired. Naslund shouldn't be retired, nor should pavel bure (as much as i loved watching him play). That being said, the Sedins deserve to have their numbers retired for sure. #12 #16 #22 #33

I agree with Bure as much as I love him. But I personally believe Nazzy belongs in the rafters.

agree. naslund and bure don't belong anywhere near the rafters. reserve the #19 for a skillful, mature young player/captain--sure. but don't tell me that Naslund was _SO GOOD_ that the club needs to be forever tied to his memory, or whatever. Bure gets a retirement simply to bury the hatchet and because he was exciting? How shortsighted is this organization...

that said, Sedins were drafted by the team, will likely play out their careers here, and represent the Canucks very well. I don't really have any objections to their retirement beyond finding the whole ceremony pretty gimmicky. Linden either.

Now i believe the Sedins deserve for us to retire their numbers. There is no doubt about it. They are the most elite duo we ever had, their very loyal to our organization. They have very low contracts for their skill level in todays market, they do a lot for the community. The only thing they havnt done was win a cup (which i honestly believe they'll have in next 3 years). I would love to see their numbers retired. What do you guys think?

I think it goes without saying that their numbers will hang from the rafters once they hang up the skates.

The only two players to play their entire career and play over 1000 games as a Canuck. Both could be the only Canucks to break 1000 points (so far).

First and second Art Ross trophy winners of our franchise, won the Hart and Ted Lindsay, and led the team to game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals.

Yes.

The standard is set very low - pretty much all captains since Smyl getting their numbers retired (except Messier and Luongo). To be honest, I don't think neither Naslund nor Bure's numbers should have been retired. If the Sedins do not win the Cup (which seems ever more likely), we will have 6 numbers retired with no Stanley Cup winners.

EDIT: May have been a bit overzealous. Smyl and Linden were great in their own rights and are trying to fulfill what they couldn't as players as executives for the team.

Retire their numbers, build statues of them and rename Rogers arena to Swedish Twins Palace.

I like it. Although it might attract people hoping for, you know, other kinds of Swedish twins. Unless it also attracts that other kind of Swedish twins. I'm all for that.

As for the OP.....really? Really?

Archived