The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Sale In Arizona! The Hockey Gods Have Listened To Our Prayers....

nuck luck

Following Calgary's loss...

"According to hockey insider Bob McKenzie, Maloney threatened his players, who currently have limited no-trade clauses, and told them he would seek trades.

Maloney then followed up with the player’s agents seeking a list of teams they would be willing to waive their no-trade clause for.

Players who have reportedly garnered interest from other teams include Keith Yandle, Antoine Vermette, Mikkel Boedker and Martin Hanzal. Per CapGkeek, players with some form of a no-trade clause in their contract include David Moss, Martin Erat, Zbynek Michalek and Mike Smith."

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/04/report-coyotes-gm-don-maloney-threatens-to-trade-players/

Should Benning make an offer and for who? What would it take?

Maloney doesn't seem to be one of the bright GM's out there and hopefully there's some familiarity between Benning and him...

Yandle seems like a tasty morsel to add to our D? Vermette? Multi-trade deal?

I know Tanev's been playing great lately and is going to look for a huge raise next year, so i wouldnt be opposed to packaging him for OEL. He could be the #1 D we've been searching for, and he's only 22! great puck moving offensive defenceman like him may never be on the market again.

Tanev + Shinkaruk + Sbisa or w.e is fine as long as it doesnt have Virtanen or Horvat in it.

Following Calgary's loss...

"According to hockey insider Bob McKenzie, Maloney threatened his players, who currently have limited no-trade clauses, and told them he would seek trades.

Maloney then followed up with the player’s agents seeking a list of teams they would be willing to waive their no-trade clause for.

Players who have reportedly garnered interest from other teams include Keith Yandle, Antoine Vermette, Mikkel Boedker and Martin Hanzal. Per CapGkeek, players with some form of a no-trade clause in their contract include David Moss, Martin Erat, Zbynek Michalek and Mike Smith."

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/04/report-coyotes-gm-don-maloney-threatens-to-trade-players/

Should Benning make an offer and for who? What would it take?

Maloney doesn't seem to be one of the bright GM's out there and hopefully there's some familiarity between Benning and him...

Yandle seems like a tasty morsel to add to our D? Vermette? Multi-trade deal?

His 2012 GM of the year award doesn't say so...

Maybe something around Hanzal/Yandle for Eberle?

Wouldn't touch that in any way, but I think Eberle is the most overrated player in the NHL.

Also, lol @ maloney being a dumb GM.

Maloney's best moves since being named GM:

Prust/lombardi/1st(gormley) for jokinen and a third

Upshall/2nd for Carcillo

Vrbata for nothing

Vermette for a 2nd +

And, no busts in the first round since he's taken over (2007)

Bad trades: 2nd for a 2nd and a 3rd. nashville moved up and took josi.

Turris for Runblad and a second

And who are you referring to when you say "our prayers"? Benning isn't looking to make any major moves right now, and rightfully so. As long as this team stays healthy (less than a handful of injuries) and keeps playing as well as they have, Benning will NOT be trading for a Boedker or Yandle type any time soon.

No need to unnecessarily mortgage our future and fix something that ain't broke when we don't have to.

And who are you referring to when you say "our prayers"? Benning isn't looking to make any major moves right now, and rightfully so. As long as this team stays healthy (less than a handful of injuries) and keeps playing as well, Benning will NOT be trading for Boedker or Yandle type any time soon.

No need to unnecessarily mortgage our future, or fix something that ain't broke when we don't have to.

Our defense with Hamhuis is below average for a playoff team. It's something that should be addressed.

Wouldn't touch that in any way, but I think Eberle is the most overrated player in the NHL.

Also, lol @ maloney being a dumb GM.

I think Eberle is a good young player. Not on the same level as Hall though. Nonetheless he will get a solid return.

Hanzal and Yandle are the types of players EDM needs. Probably need to add for Yandle.

And who are you referring to when you say "our prayers"? Benning isn't looking to make any major moves right now, and rightfully so. As long as this team stays healthy (less than a handful of injuries) and keeps playing as well as they have, Benning will NOT be trading for a Boedker or Yandle type any time soon.

No need to unnecessarily mortgage our future and fix something that ain't broke when we don't have to.

My first thought was this isn't that great for the Canucks.

Arizona sucks this year, they won't make the playoffs.

But dishing out their players to teams that are currently in the mix with the Canucks, only makes things harder, as I don't see the Canucks getting involved with any trades.

Same with the oilers, hopefully any major trades they make are with the East. As I don't see them trading with us.

Yandle is the most needed out of any. He is another guy from Boston. Excellent skater and offensive puck moving d-man the Canucks have been missing since Ehrhoff.

Edler-Tanev

Sbisa-Yandle

Stanton-Bieksa

(Hamhuis in Stantons spot when he comes back)

What could it possibly take. Guance and Jensen, 1st rounder and Corrado?

Know it will never happen especially in division.

I expect Yandle to leave to play on the east coast and in his hometown Boston as a UFA in a couple of years.

Yandle is the most needed out of any. He is another guy from Boston. Excellent skater and offensive puck moving d-man the Canucks have been missing since Ehrhoff.

Edler-Tanev

Sbisa-Yandle

Stanton-Bieksa

What could it possibly take. Guance/Jensen, 1st rounder and Corrado?

Sbisa with Yandle is horrifying to think of.

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Yandle

Sbisa/Stanton - Bieksa

Either way, doubt benning's ready to make a big move

Edler-Tanev

Sbisa-Yandle

Stanton-Bieksa

What could it possibly take. Guance and Jensen, 1st rounder and Corrado?

Know it will never happen especially in division.

I expect Yandle to leave to play on the east coast and in his hometown Boston as a UFA in a couple of years.

lol your not gonna get yandle for that just a middle finger

Archived