The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1st place in toughest Division

dalredane

No, I am not planning the parade route...lol.... but it is cool to see that we are in first place in the toughest division in hockey. Not a whisper of that fact on TSN though..(not that I am surprised)...but then again why write that story when you can write a story about the Christmas coloured socks Kessel bought for the holidays.

This team is proving that they are playing for one another and everyone is engaged with 4 lines a rollin'

I like the enthusiasm but I'd argue the central is the toughest division right now. Nashville, St Louis, and Chicago are playing really well, Winnipeg is playing its best hockey since moving there. Dallas and Minnesota are teams playing through some bad PDO's but good possession numbers. Colorado is much better than Edmonton in terms of young teams.

That said I am happy with our teams play. Hoping for more wins against the central though. Only division that has given us trouble as of this point in the season.

LOL Christmas socks for kessel.

It's not good enough though. The team needs to stay focused And increase the gap between them and the rest of the division. The ducks have so many loser points.

This team needs to win the conference. They are elite and need to keep proving it.

I would say the Central is the toughest as well.

The problem with the Pacific is LA though. It just seems like LA kind of coasts through the regular season and wins enough games to make the playoffs because that's all that really matters for them. Once they're in, they're in and they turn it up to another level which many teams cannot match.

I'm just hoping that they make it as a wildcard team and place in the Central division playoff bracket.

I would say the Central is the toughest as well.

The problem with the Pacific is LA though. It just seems like LA kind of coasts through the regular season and wins enough games to make the playoffs because that's all that really matters for them. Once they're in, they're in and they turn it up to another level which many teams cannot match.

I'm just hoping that they make it as a wildcard team and place in the Central division playoff bracket.

True and I know they have 2 cups in 3 years but they are a little overrated.

They barely squeezed by sharks, ducks and hawks last year. Game 7 wins in each series which was remarkable... That Williams is a Lord of clutch play. I doubt they can repeat their success this year. Lighting can't strike in the same place 3 times.

Anaheim, Vancouver, Chicago or even the Blues could take the King's in the playoffs this year

okay I will rephrase my post to "one of the toughest divisions in hockey". I cannot argue that the Central is tough right now, especially when Jonathan Toews said to the media the other day that the STL Blues were the "new Canucks" to the Blackhawks...ie...the team they hate the most and love to play against.

Regardless of that did you hear that Bozak hand spun a dream-catcher the other day... thought I saw a TSN piece on that right after the Canucks beat the Pens...

We're cohesive as a group from top to bottom, which is more than most teams can say (hence our current placement in the dtandings). It remains to be seen whether our new guys can find an extra gear come playoff time, because I get the sneaking suspicion that the Sedins won't fair that well.

You might be able to make a case that Atlantic has tough teams ... Tampa, Montreal, Detroit, Boston (if they get their groove back).

Tampa is currently sitting at #1 in the league.

Really? You named 3 of the softest teams out there... Sofffft.

Archived