The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1st place in toughest Division

dalredane

okay I will rephrase my post to "one of the toughest divisions in hockey". I cannot argue that the Central is tough right now, especially when Jonathan Toews said to the media the other day that the STL Blues were the "new Canucks" to the Blackhawks...ie...the team they hate the most and love to play against.

Regardless of that did you hear that Bozak hand spun a dream-catcher the other day... thought I saw a TSN piece on that right after the Canucks beat the Pens...

Dude there's only 4...

Might as well say the tougher conference (West)...

True and I know they have 2 cups in 3 years but they are a little overrated.

They barely squeezed by sharks, ducks and hawks last year. Game 7 wins in each series which was remarkable... That Williams is a Lord of clutch play. I doubt they can repeat their success this year. Lighting can't strike in the same place 3 times.

Anaheim, Vancouver, Chicago or even the Blues could take the King's in the playoffs this year

Just like how Quick was so overrated when San Jose was lighting up the first three games?

LA Kings:

• First ever to win the Stanley Cup as an 8th seed (2012)
  • First ever to reach the Stanley Cup Finals after three consecutive 7-game series (2014)
  • Fourth ever to win a series after trailing 3-0 (2014 vs San Jose)
  • Trailed 2-0 in game 7 of 2014 Western Conference Final vs Chicago but won 5-4 in OT

You can call it luck or you can call it resiliency. I think it's a little bit of both. You can't win the Cup without a little bit of luck, but luck only awards those that work hard. The Kings basically showed that they can win in every way possible at this point. Their experience of overcoming adversity is second to none. That deserves a little respect, and as the defending champs who lost only Mitchell (and Voynov), they are the team to beat.

Whenever the Canucks do well against their division...it's apparently no longer the toughest division!

Yup, this.

I agree with the many who says Central is a tougher division than the Pacific.

It's tough to claim that the Pacific is the toughest division so long as Edmonton is there giving away points like they're on fire.

And yeah...We play the Edmonton Oilers a lot, which they are like giving away free wins to whichever teams play against them.

Hard to say ours is the toughest.

Just like how Quick was so overrated when San Jose was lighting up the first three games?

LA Kings:

• First ever to win the Stanley Cup as an 8th seed (2012)
  • First ever to reach the Stanley Cup Finals after three consecutive 7-game series (2014)
  • Fourth ever to win a series after trailing 3-0 (2014 vs San Jose)
  • Trailed 2-0 in game 7 of 2014 Western Conference Final vs Chicago but won 5-4 in OT

You can call it luck or you can call it resiliency. I think it's a little bit of both. You can't win the Cup without a little bit of luck, but luck only awards those that work hard. The Kings basically showed that they can win in every way possible at this point. Their experience of overcoming adversity is second to none. That deserves a little respect, and as the defending champs who lost only Mitchell (and Voynov), they are the team to beat.

Didn't the Bruins do that in 2011?

Didn't the Bruins do that in 2011?

No they swept Philly in the 2nd round. They did play three 7-games series including the Finals against us though.

I would say the Central is the toughest as well.

The problem with the Pacific is LA though. It just seems like LA kind of coasts through the regular season and wins enough games to make the playoffs because that's all that really matters for them. Once they're in, they're in and they turn it up to another level which many teams cannot match.

I'm just hoping that they make it as a wildcard team and place in the Central division playoff bracket.

I'm predicting that this is what's going to happen.

This is what I think the standings will look like by the end of the season (wilcard format):

Anaheim

Vancouver

Calgary

Chicago

Nashville

St. Louis

LA

Minnesota

Anaheim finishes atop of the West and gets Minnesota. Meanwhile, the two most improved teams in the league, Vancouver and Calgary, will be playing what I'm predicting to be the most exciting series in the entire 1st round. :)

I'm predicting that this is what's going to happen.

This is what I think the standings will look like by the end of the season (wilcard format):

Anaheim

Vancouver

Calgary

Chicago

Nashville

St. Louis

LA

Minnesota

Anaheim finishes atop of the West and gets Minnesota. Meanwhile, the two most improved teams in the league, Vancouver and Calgary, will be playing what I'm predicting to be the most exciting series in the entire 1st round. :)

Can you imagine if we played Anaheim in the 2nd round? What a series that would be!!!

Archived