The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Moral Victory

menace

As canuck2xtreme pointed out in regards to the OP's post. These were aspects of the game that Vancouver did well in, can build off of. I used to like the idea of moral victories in the late nineties while being exposed to the Messier era lol.

I am all for " real victories ", don't need moral victories, not acceptable.

I don't think we had anything to do with it.. I think what you've got mixed up is that the oilers finished last but lost the lottery to Florida who won 1st overall..

Nope, Buffalo finished last in the standings and edm was going to finish 2nd but they beat us or we beat Fla who won the draw and therefore 1st overall

Just wondering if anyone remembers what the actual sequence of events was

It goes back way farther than that.. Take a look at who the statue is of out front of the arena.. I'm going to start laying down pagan style offerings at the foot of the statue, maybe that will help get the games called fairly.. Ref cam is the only other one that can help..

What happened to the ref cam? I was loving it at the beginning of the season and all of a sudden they disappeared. Same as a couple years ago when the broadcast would switch to the behind the goal camera on powerplays. Gave a brand new look to watching hockey and it went the way of the dodo as well.

What happened to the ref cam? I was loving it at the beginning of the season and all of a sudden they disappeared. Same as a couple years ago when the broadcast would switch to the behind the goal camera on powerplays. Gave a brand new look to watching hockey and it went the way of the dodo as well.

My guess is the American viewers didn't like it..

I certainly liked it better than the glowing puck, eh NBC? Or was it FOX? :picard:

I certainly liked it better than the glowing puck, eh NBC? Or was it FOX? :picard:

It just seems strange to me to introduce a new look and as far as I know got great feedback, that all of a sudden it's taken away.

lol I remember that. Wasn't that used for awhile so that American viewers could follow the puck better? I remember big slap shots lighting up the screen like a friggin rave concert. I believe it was FOX with that brilliant idea.

It just seems strange to me to introduce a new look and as far as I know got great feedback, that all of a sudden it's taken away.

lol I remember that. Wasn't that used for awhile so that American viewers could follow the puck better? I remember big slap shots lighting up the screen like a friggin rave concert. I believe it was FOX with that brilliant idea.

I hope Americans know how to follow a puck now.

The NHL probably didn't like the fact that it would expose Sutherland, O'Halloran and Devorksi's blatant corruption. The league sure as hell doesn't seem interested in forcing these scumbags from acting like professionals.

I wish I could find the Molson commercial making fun of the glowing puck. The fact that Bettman even entertained the idea is proof that little weasel has zero respect for the sport.

My guess is the refs and NHL head office didn't like it, at least not when it was being used to show the viewers how the refs made calls they couldn't see (disallowed goals etc).

Why at this point should anyone be looking for moral victories? The Canucks season has been off to a great start despite the last two games being pretty disappointing efforts all around. This rutt the team finds itself in looks much worse than it really is, as a couple of the losses were due more to bad luck and unfortunate calls. They;ll find themselves on track again soon. I would't doubt that they will blow out Dallas on wednesday.

Archived