The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (Game underway)

Zfetch

I'm actually fairly disappointed with how this game turned out now. Really not counting it as anything (Sorry to come off as sour, as I somewhat am).

Should have listened to 112.(Albeit she tried to take the target off mafia, she didn't know their was a cult)

Lesson of the game: Women are always right.

And listen to this, everyone.

I wasn't a regular cult leader

I tell Zfetch who to convert, and he asks "Do you wanna build a snowman?" and if the person responds positively, they are converted.

Toews was the one who said no.

Still doesn't change the fact no-one other than you, and people you ended up converting had an idea that there was a Cult in the game. Like I said, unless you died off the bat, this game was pretty much over. Really sucks when I come alive this game only to get thwarted by a Cult that I had not the slightest clue of.

Not to be that guy, but the fact we never got told that a Cult was in the game made this extremely in favour for the Cult. Never crossed anyones minds once. This game was basically over before it started then. Saying that you were adding "some stuff" and then inserting a Cult into the game without notifying the players is a little excessive IMO.

We weren't told that there was a cult in some Aladeen hosted game earlier in the year, and the cult won. No one complained.

Good game. Gz cult.

I'd be angrier but I had too much fun outing the Sheriff.

Should have listened to 112.(Albeit she tried to take the target off mafia, she didn't know their was a cult)

Lesson of the game: Women are always right.

Half and half, actually. I had a nagging suspicion with how the game and our PM were going.

MVP: SS

He nailed 112 and Beluga Whale with his first 2 investigations, before he was recruited. From there on he played a very solid game. You just got to give SS a good role and he can flourish....Man, I sound like all the people in the proposal part of this forum.

MVP: SS

He nailed 112 and Beluga Whale with his first 2 investigations, before he was recruited. From there on he played a very solid game. You just got to give SS a good role and he can flourish....Man, I sound like all the people in the proposal part of this forum.

When I was considering all the possible scenarios near the end of the game, the scenario I couldn't imagine was the one where the mafia kills SS. I made BDM change the kill to a TP because without him the cult would've fallen apart.

Not to be that guy, but the fact we never got told that a Cult was in the game made this extremely in favour for the Cult. Never crossed anyones minds once. This game was basically over before it started then. Saying that you were adding "some stuff" and then inserting a Cult into the game without notifying the players is a little excessive IMO.

This

No identification upon death, no special to investigate the cult, no warning.... not gonna lie, that's not really cool

edit: really - it comes down to if the Cult leader manages to live for a couple rounds then just a crap shot on who wins if they get converted. big disappointment

That was the code game, right? I hated that one. Not because of the cult, but because I tried so hard to break at least one of the codes and came up with nothing.

Yes

Cults used to be more powerful than this one, and there wasn't always a warning or cult investigating roles. I don't know why you guys are complaining. It's just a game and you're sort of ruining the fun...

Cults used to be more powerful than this one, and there wasn't always a warning or cult investigating roles. I don't know why you guys are complaining. It's just a game and you're sort of ruining the fun...

3845135-3935819781-you-s.jpg

edit: and yeah people complain - lol thats why when ever someone says cult people always say "i don't like the cult" and then the GM has to haggle and say "don't worry, i won't make it OP"

I'd have to agree with GFY and Dral, something as potentially powerful as a cult should've been given some sort of forewarning/indication, whether investigation or at least as a kill result. Flying so under the radar like that is a power in itself imo. I was wondering how SS was so accurate as rounds passed, (BDM gave all their identities I'm assuming) but the thought of a cult cooperation didn't pop into my head.

Just my 2c, and with that said, thanks for hosting Zfetch.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone!

Archived