The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van- Bos

I'd love option 2 but we'd have to take someone back to even up the cap, like Eriksson, in which case we wouldn't be offering up enough. Also I doubt they give up both Krug and Hamilton ever, Hamilton is probably untouchable anyway.

TO BOS:

1st round pick + Kassian + Higgins + Bieksa

TO VAN:

Krug + Morrow + Eriksson

(Higgins < Eriksson, Bieksa + Kassian > Krug, 1st = Morrow)

Not sure how that works cap-wise because capgeek.com is down but I think it'd just fit.

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Eriksson - Bonino - Burrows

Richardson - Matthias - Vey

Dorsett - Horvat - Hansen

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Krug

Sbisa - Stanton

Morrow/Weber

I'd love option 2 but we'd have to take someone back to even up the cap, like Eriksson, in which case we wouldn't be offering up enough. Also I doubt they give up both Krug and Hamilton ever, Hamilton is probably untouchable anyway.

TO BOS:

TO VAN:

Krug + Morrow + Eriksson

Not sure how that works cap-wise because capgeek.com is down but I think it'd just fit.

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Krug

Sbisa - Stanton

Morrow/Weber

This looks way more realistic than what the OP suggested. I would rather we hold on to Kassian and move someone else. Ideally I would like to see a younger forward coming back than Eriksson but at the same time it has to reflect the needs of both teams involved. And I think we would both agree that Eriksson would be a major upgrade on wing for us.

also option one leaves bruins 2 mill over cap

option 2 leave then 4 mill over cap

option 3 leave bruins 6 mill over cap

They won't give up Dougie Hamilton for either of those packages let alone with other players

Here's the way I see trades (and this is just the way I see it, does not mean it's law lol).

As soon as you need more than one hand to count the number of players being moved, the trade has next to no chance of working. The way to do trades in today's NHL is to trade a few pieces of equal value, not a plethora of players to equal 1 or 2 people.

• 1 month later...

Kassian trade rumours are heavy. He goes on a 5 game point streak (3g 3a) then makes a bad play in Minnesota and gets benched, followed by a healthy scratch for the 9th time this year. Boston may have had some interest in him, and he is definitely their type of player. Still young, has had stretches of good production, and a cheap contract - Cam Neely could potentially squeeze out his potential.

Boston is having huge issues with fourth line production, as shown by this graph:

Boston.0.jpg

Case and point, Patrice Bergeron is awesome. I'm not sure who is arguing this, but it still needs to be said. RIP the 'Best 4th Line in Hockey' circa 2011

They could use some depth up front.

Both Boston and the Canucks are fighting to make the playoffs, and I am sure both teams will be making some deals.

The Canucks almost have too much depth, and not enough higher level talent.

Loui Eriksson has been a huge disappointment for Boston, scoring only 23 goals in 117 games. He has 32 points on the season.

Chris Higgins is fairly comparable at 26 points, plus brings a solid all-around game, but he isn't a great fit in Vancouver. While he can "keep up" on a second line, Bonino and Burrows aren't exactly great 2nd line players. We have a lot of players who bring similar skill sets.

Sending two solid pieces to Boston in Higgins and Kassian helps Boston's depth, while helping alleviate our current log jam and providing more skill into our top 6.

Conditional picks either way depending on team performance. Salaries match up perfectly.

To Boston

Higgins

Kassian

Conditional Pick

(4.25 million)

To Vancouver

Eriksson

Conditional Pick

(4.25 million)

They could use some depth up front.

Both Boston and the Canucks are fighting to make the playoffs, and I am sure both teams will be making some deals.

The Canucks almost have too much depth, and not enough higher level talent.

Loui Eriksson has been a huge disappointment for Boston, scoring only 23 goals in 117 games. He has 32 points on the season.

Chris Higgins is fairly comparable at 26 points, plus brings a solid all-around game, but he isn't a great fit in Vancouver. While he can "keep up" on a second line, Bonino and Burrows aren't exactly great 2nd line players. We have a lot of players who bring similar skill sets.

Sending two solid pieces to Boston in Higgins and Kassian helps Boston's depth, while helping alleviate our current log jam and providing more skill into our top 6.

Conditional picks either way depending on team performance. Salaries match up perfectly.

To Boston

Higgins

Kassian

Conditional Pick

(4.25 million)

To Vancouver

Eriksson

Conditional Pick

(4.25 million)

Edited by canucklehead

This trade makes sense for both teams, I had considered basically the exact same deal

Higgins

Kassian

For

Eriksson

Caron

Hamilton is the next Chara for the Bruins no way they're trading him. And what's the point of having Subban, we already have a major goalie logjam.

The Bruins can still contenders for the cup this year but they know their key players are aging, they're not likely to trade away any top guys in the 20-25 range.

TO BOS:

TO VAN:

Krug + Morrow + Eriksson

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Krug

Sbisa - Stanton

Morrow/Weber

Benning's not trading away a pick, especially a 1st.

Archived