The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Partial Capgeek Replacement found

J.I.A.H.N

Hi Everyone

Can't remember if I shared this, but this is a good site for team contracts/ufa/rfa, etc.......does everyone know about this site?

Sorry I can't give you the hyper link

nhlnumbers.com/

Go to Teams, then click on the team on the left had side, it will give you all contracts nhl and prospects,

plus team cap, etc......not bad...

hope it help....see I am not all bad! :bigblush:

Let me know what you think about the site!

Cheers

Hi Everyone

Can't remember if I shared this, but this is a good site for team contracts/ufa/rfa, etc.......does everyone know about this site?

Sorry I can't give you the hyper link

nhlnumbers.com/

Go to Teams, then click on the team on the left had side, it will give you all contracts nhl and prospects,

plus team cap, etc......not bad...

hope it help....see I am not all bad! :bigblush:

Let me know what you think about the site!

Cheers

thanks for the info

i did not know about this

it is better than nothing

• 4 weeks later...

The last article referencing Matthew Wuest that I read was from January 3rd. In short, it stated that he was sick, he and his family were requesting privacy, operations were to be suspended and that a sale was not an option.

It's terrible that the guy fell ill, but it does leave some questions. Capgeek was a great resource for armchair GM's, and everyday hockey fans for that matter. Sure it wasn't perfect, but I'd wager it was within %5 or so of the actual numbers, and that's enough to play around with during deadline day and in the offseason.

Hopefully Bettman makes that internal cache public, even though that would be going against club policies of releasing terms they all leak out eventually anyways.

The last article referencing Matthew Wuest that I read was from January 3rd. In short, it stated that he was sick, he and his family were requesting privacy, operations were to be suspended and that a sale was not an option.

It's terrible that the guy fell ill, but it does leave some questions. Capgeek was a great resource for armchair GM's, and everyday hockey fans for that matter. Sure it wasn't perfect, but I'd wager it was within %5 or so of the actual numbers, and that's enough to play around with during deadline day and in the offseason.

Hopefully Bettman makes that internal cache public, even though that would be going against club policies of releasing terms they all leak out eventually anyways.

Was there ever any reference as to why he wouldn't sell/donate it? I'm not into this stuff personally, but it seemed like an invaluable resource and somewhat one of a kind. It seems odd that he'd just be willing to let it completely die out?

Was there ever any reference as to why he wouldn't sell/donate it? I'm not into this stuff personally, but it seemed like an invaluable resource and somewhat one of a kind. It seems odd that he'd just be willing to let it completely die out?

No, nothing.

I said in short, and the reality was that the info I wrote was all that was offered, and there was nothing about why he wouldn't sell.

I could speculate, but it would be from a position of complete ignorance.

Come to think of it, I may be remembering the press release and not an article:

Effective immediately, Jan. 3, 2015, CapGeek.com has permanently ceased operations. This sudden decision is made with a heavy heart and is due to the personal health of CapGeek.com founder and director Matthew Wuest. While this decision may raise many questions, it is requested that you respect Matthew's privacy and wish for no media or purchase inquiries. Thank you for your co-operation and understanding at this difficult time.

I was probably on Capgeek more than twice a week. There isn't an equal replacement at the moment, but nhlnumbers does in a pinch I suppose.

Archived