The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade dealine and offseason

For me I think we need to think about trading these players and why!!

Lack or Marstrom because we only have room for one!

Kassian as he doesn't seem to fit in here and might be better on another team

Higgins would be worth something in a bigger deal as he is hard working player that plays

well plus he is getting older

Weber to mny D men and could drop him

Stanton "" ""

Burrows Getting older and management can ask what teams he would like to go to , me I'd

ask for a younger minor league player or a 2nd round pick this draft ( would trade after seasons end at the draft}

Bieksa We have enough RH D men and he is getting older and would ask the same as I

would for Burrows

For throw ins to sweeten the pot on a bigger deal I would add

Dane Fox or Archibald, or ask for a draft pick for them 3rd to 4th rounders!!

so me Lack or Markstrom,Kassian,Higgins Fox,Archibald,Weber and Stanton for a second liner I would trade any of these

At draft:

Burrow and Bieksa, or add any of these players to get a good player back!!

throw stone hands in there to

You need hands to score 10 goals and feed 8 assists. Especially when you are playing on the fourth line majority of the time. Hansen 'definitely' has hands of stone.

Think of this like a try-out? Which it is on an ongoing basis.

When a vet, declining or not (comment to make the discussion valid) is better and working harder than the young guy we have to replace him; how do you give his spot away?? IE You are going to have to wait till a Jensen beats a veteran out of a spot. Till he makes it clear he is bigger, faster, wins more battles and brings more talent to the table. At that point we will see a decision on trading a Higgins, Burrows or letting a Mathias go.

What kind of coach or manager would you be, if you said to hell with tryouts. We're gonna play all the young guys. And cut the old guys, whether they deserve a position or not?

It certainly does not teach the rookies they have to work their hardest, be their best to earn a spot. I can tell you how it will likely end. That will trend to be a cyclical problem when you need them then to be at their best to win. They will probably play as hard as they had to, soft, to earn a job!

there are way too many similar posts such as this

you view these players as cast offs

so why do you think anyone wants them

or if they do why would they pay much for them

let's do the same to the laffs team .. then you might be more objective what cast off players would fetch

and why would we gut our team when we are in a playoff position

when the return would be so meager

let's just see what the boys can do in the playoffs

and earn the owner some play off revenue

these threads just listing players to be moved from the team for vague draft picks

without identify the other teams to trade with and the specific trade to each

with a justification of why the trade is realistic

is just complete fantasy and a waste of time

this is just a wish list.. not a trade thread at all

actually you are so very wrong about that!

I love our team , but what JB has said he wants to get younger and at the same time stay competitive so to me this is one way we can!The minor league players are there to help get a deal done, Burrows and Bieksa both I really like,but like Kess theres a time to get rid of them and trade them, no player is untradable so ask them where they wants to go and try to get a pick or young player to come back.Why keep three goalies when we have room for two???I have said many times we need to get rid of some players and like MG when he kept them to long the team is not as good so why not try to make it better???

Archived