The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Sharks @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Wallstreetamigo I just scrolled through all the posts from last night... Wish I had stayed up and argued. Looks like I missed out. Couldn't quote all ur posts since I'm on mobile but I've replied to what I recall

I'll probably never agree with anything you said about the 2011 team

- you brought up how av used Ballard poorly. Ballard peaked before he came here and it showed that he still sucked when he went to the wild

- Canucks out played the bruins, I've watched all 7 games at least 3 times. There's 0 doubt in my mind we out played the bruins. Vancouver was by far the better team and the 2011 champs.

- Thomas stood on his head. Goalies stand on their heads in the Stanley Cup playoffs... Its unfortunate we ran into him. If I'm not mistaking we out shot and out chanced the bruins in 6 of 7 games

- Henrik 0 fight vs Trevor's 17 fights... I really respect Trevor's grit but Henrik isn't supposed to drop the gloves. He's not built the same. He's built to dominate offensively and he's been our best weapon for years; linden wasn't our best weapon for as many years as hank

- lol you u don't think Henrik ever played through injuries? You're absolutely insane man... He played 670ish games in a row. He's absolutely led by example just as much as Trevor did. His hand hurt so much he couldn't even take faceoffs but still played to help his team. Hoff wasn't the only one taking shots prior to games... So did both the twins and most of the other guys

- you're saying no 94 dman woulda got hurt like Hammer going in for a hip check on lucic? How many 94 dman made team Canada's toughest d corps in the history of all Olympic hockey? It was a freak injury

- Vancouver couldn't fight back. If they got unjust penalties. Ffs Daniel gets 10 punches in the face from that puke worth disgusting pos marchand and somehow he gets ejected. The fix was in that series. The canucks only got penalties when the games were over, much like the Chicago series. Luckily we managed to beat them in spite of horrific officiating

- the 2011 canucks are by far the most talented team that's played in Vancouver. Also after the 2014 kings, they were the best nhl team assembled in the post cap era.

You knocking them and Henrik Sedin, the greatest captain in Canucks history just shows you're probably mad that Henrik is Swedish and not a good Canadian boy like Trev.

I've said this many times. I'm not knocking trev; Henrik is just better. He'll be in the hall of fame and Trevor never could come close.

Also Henrik has done more off the ice for the community than Trevor has and that's a fact. I understand a large part of that is due to the canucks mandating their players to do more community work since the Nonis / Mg / benning era, but the bottom line is hank has done way more on the ice and off the ice.

Lol so kassian didn't end up taking over the PgT... But this all did start when you bashed Captain Hank for his comments towards Kassian so I guess he played a part.

Wallstreetamigo I just scrolled through all the posts from last night... Wish I had stayed up and argued. Looks like I missed out. Couldn't quote all ur posts since I'm on mobile but I've replied to what I recall

- you brought up how av used Ballard poorly. Ballard peaked before he came here and it showed that he still sucked when he went to the wild

- Canucks out played the bruins, I've watched all 7 games at least 3 times. There's 0 doubt in my mind we out played the bruins. Vancouver was by far the better team and the 2011 champs.

- Thomas stood on his head. Goalies stand on their heads in the Stanley Cup playoffs... Its unfortunate we ran into him. If I'm not mistaking we out shot and out chanced the bruins in 6 of 7 games

- Henrik 0 fight vs Trevor's 17 fights... I really respect Trevor's grit but Henrik isn't supposed to drop the gloves. He's not built the same. He's built to dominate offensively and he's been our best weapon for years; linden wasn't our best weapon for as many years as hank

- lol you u don't think Henrik ever played through injuries? You're absolutely insane man... He played 670ish games in a row. He's absolutely led by example just as much as Trevor did. His hand hurt so much he couldn't even take faceoffs but still played to help his team. Hoff wasn't the only one taking shots prior to games... So did both the twins and most of the other guys

- you're saying no 94 dman woulda got hurt like Hammer going in for a hip check on lucic? How many 94 dman made team Canada's toughest d corps in the history of all Olympic hockey? It was a freak injury

- Vancouver couldn't fight back. If they got unjust penalties. Ffs Daniel gets 10 punches in the face from that puke worth disgusting pos marchand and somehow he gets ejected. The fix was in that series. The canucks only got penalties when the games were over, much like the Chicago series. Luckily we managed to beat them in spite of horrific officiating

- the 2011 canucks are by far the most talented team that's played in Vancouver. Also after the 2014 kings, they were the best nhl team assembled in the post cap era.

You knocking them and Henrik Sedin, the greatest captain in Canucks history just shows you're probably mad that Henrik is Swedish and not a good Canadian boy like Trev.

I've said this many times. I'm not knocking trev; Henrik is just better. He'll be in the hall of fame and Trevor never could come close.

Also Henrik has done more off the ice for the community than Trevor has and that's a fact. I understand a large part of that is due to the canucks mandating their players to do more community work since the Nonis / Mg / benning era, but the bottom line is hank has done way more on the ice and off the ice.

Lol so kassian didn't end up taking over the PgT... But this all did start when you bashed Captain Hank for his comments towards Kassian so I guess he played a part.

I don't always agree with Apollo, but when I do it's because of posts like this one.

Actually, I probably agree with you a lot - just wanted to phrase it like that meme :)

You forgot to say elite

You know, you should spend a morning making your own patties and an afternoon/evening making and eating your own creation....preferably bbq'd

Quite often I have a special burger Saturday as I love the burger like no other meal.

Imo, although most people enjoy hamburgers and do recognize their tasty value, the burger is still underrated.

I'm talking beef patties here. Not chicken. Not Turkey. Not mahi. Not emu. Not bison.

Beef.

Put all the love you can into it.

This is my mix:

Lean ground. Not extra lean. Fat adds to the flavour

Egg

Worcester

Hp

Dijon

Beer

Chopped garlic

Salt

Pepper

Smoky rub for beef (my new fav is Jamie Oliver's)

Mix all ingredients till you get workable meat.

Make patties, big but manageable,

Lightly flour so handling is easy and leftover patties can be plastic wrapped and stored.

My garnish:

Sautéed onions

Bacon

Old cheddar placed a few minutes after first flip

Toasted bun

Butter bottom bun and sweet corn relish

Mayo an bbq sauce top bun

Pickle sliced lengthways.

Obviously to each his/her own but there is a start for a tasty basic.

I've gone a little out there before and dabbled in other garnishes but over the years this is what I go to.

Remember, no measuring, no effort, only love.

This video changed the way I make my burgers: http://youtu.be/gZuDMKXWU_E

"No baby dick burgers here."

I'm predicting 42 wins on this season. But they aint gonna be pretty wins. And I'm not expecting a playoff round win. Dammit. Starting to hit home that maybe we should just rebuild cause there is really not much left in this team.

Refilling the tank with gas and duct-taping a new team together with spare parts is really starting to show an inability to compete.

The Bruins had a very real chance to win all 7 games of that series, the Canucks were only in 3 of them. And contrary to popular (biased) opinion, Thomas did not stand on his head. The Canucks got virtually no second-chances around the net...the sizeable Bruins' D just kept them all away from the front of the net.

The delusion continues....

I'm predicting 42 wins on this season. But they aint gonna be pretty wins. And I'm not expecting a playoff round win. Dammit. Starting to hit home that maybe we should just rebuild cause there is really not much left in this team.

Refilling the tank with gas and duct-taping a new team together with spare parts is really starting to show an inability to compete.

Welcome to 2 years ago.

Unless the Canucks give 100% every night they don't have the talent to win on a nightly basis. This core in it's prime won many games only giving marginal effort. That is no longer the case. The Canucks started the season great because they came to camp in great shape and highly motivated. But, the drop off was inevitable. Other more talented teams are now in shape and humming along. It doesn't help the team that WD practices are too intense and this old team is running out of gas. Just look at the LA Kings this year... long playoff run= no rest= tough season. Old Canucks= lack of talent= limited rest= late season collapse. The game against the Jets was great! Unfortunately those games have been few and far between. I hope we sell at trade deadline!

Everyone who is healthy to show up and give a crap

Hamhuis is clearly still injured, so that is 3 of our top 4 defense that aren't helping. No team in the league could survive that.

Miller had a bad night but a couple of the goals were deflections.

The players do care, they aren't just giving up and rolling over on the season. SJ is still a very good team. They are big, fast and have young players who can carry the team. They are just a better team.

It sucks we can't be the 2011 team anymore but that core peaked too late. after the finals they were on the downside while some really good teams were starting to peak.

The Bruins had a very real chance to win all 7 games of that series, the Canucks were only in 3 of them. And contrary to popular (biased) opinion, Thomas did not stand on his head. The Canucks got virtually no second-chances around the net...the sizeable Bruins' D just kept them all away from the front of the net.

The delusion continues....

Well then if that's how you saw it, that's how you saw it. Can't change your opinion.

Initially when I watched the series live, I still thought what I'm saying. But I figured maybe I should watch the series sober... I did 2 more times. My opinion stayed the same. Vancouver was considerably the better team. Boston wasn't even in the same class. If the nhl didn't change the rules, Vancouver would have swept or finished Boston in 5.

Without Trevor's example of community service, the Sedins would have not known when to start.

The Canucks were blown out in game 4, I believe, and shutout on home ice in game 7. Can't say that's out playing an opponent.

The refs were garbage that's for sure.

Hamhuis screwing up his groin was not a freak accident. He hip checked a player who had 4 inches and 40 lbs on him.

Well then if that's how you saw it, that's how you saw it. Can't change your opinion.

Initially when I watched the series live, I still thought what I'm saying. But I figured maybe I should watch the series sober... I did 2 more times. My opinion stayed the same. Vancouver was considerably the better team. Boston wasn't even in the same class. If the nhl didn't change the rules, Vancouver would have swept or finished Boston in 5.

Of course that's how you saw it, because you have no ability to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Can we salvage the homestand? The odds are not in our favour right now. We've been scored on first in all 5 games. We don't have a PP goal against anyone except Buffalo. We've been terrible in these big games on Saturday night, and the Pens will want revenge for the shutout we had in their building.

Pens play tonight in Calgary. The Canucks have had 3 teams on this homestand come in on back-to-backs (the Pens will make it 4 of 6) and they've still been out-worked in every single game. Even Buffalo had their best game in 4 weeks against us.

I don't question the work ethic of the Sedins, but they've gotten old legs real quick. I don't know if they can play 14 minutes a night anymore.

I admire his flexibility in that area.

I try my best gents... ;)

Anyways let's let it go. Everyone has their opinions. Vancouver won the Cup in 2011 in my books.

Henrik has done more on and off the ice than Trev in my books. Well my books are facts and stats and number of hours of community service but w.e

Everyone's books don't need to line up.

Archived